ESPN Insider NFL Draft Film Room: Johnny Manziel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend

ESPN Insider Field Yates breaks down the tape of Heisman winner Johnny Manziel and looks at the traits that make him one of the top QBs in this year’s NFL draft. (3:27)

ESPN

BeerOClock

Rookie
Nice analysis. I would have been even better to point out some of the concerns on Manziel (with footage).

Memphis Ram

Legend
The longer draft wait perhaps has me thinking way to much on this, but.........well.........you know, I'd never in a million years thought I'd say this, while I wouldn't even consider it at #2 overall, if Johnny Manziel is still on the board at #13, I think I'd take him and try to deal Bradford.

I really like Bradford. But, his contract is ridiculous and Manziel looks to be a far better fit for a team that plans to run the ball and play a strong defense like the Seahawks and 49ers. He fits, the Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick type QBs in the division who gives their teams 500 or so yards rushing, makes improvisional plays to keep drives alive, and throws the fewest passes of all of the NFL starters.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Memphis has moved over to the Dark Side. Well, this is the day to do it!
200.gif

But seriously, if....IF we had to draft a QB on day one... i would prefer Manziel over the other guys. Manziel + Austin would be a slippery duo.

jjab360

Legend
The longer draft wait perhaps has me thinking way to much on this, but.........well.........you know, I'd never in a million years thought I'd say this, while I wouldn't even consider it at #2 overall, if Johnny Manziel is still on the board at #13, I think I'd take him and try to deal Bradford.

I really like Bradford. But, his contract is ridiculous and Manziel looks to be a far better fit for a team that plans to run the ball and play a strong defense like the Seahawks and 49ers. He fits, the Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick type QBs in the division who gives their teams 500 or so yards rushing, makes improvisional plays to keep drives alive, and throws the fewest passes of all of the NFL starters.
bunk-the-wire.gif

FRO

Legend
Why would Bradford's contract be a issue now? Who we going to sign this late in the game that we need the cap space for?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watch the rams come away with clowney and manziel in round 1, heads would be exploding like a greatest hits from Scanners

Memphis Ram

Legend
Why would Bradford's contract be a issue now? Who we going to sign this late in the game that we need the cap space for?

Though they may want to pickup a post-draft or June 1st cut or extend someone during the season (maybe Carrington, Britt, or Barksdale), it actually has more to do with 2015 cap savings and the $$$ he's going to command on his next deal because if he's above average.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Something else to think about with Jeff Fisher's run first / strong defense game plans 5 of his 6 double digit winning season came with QBs who helped the rushing attack (McNair / Young).:whistle:

dodgeball-o.gif

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Though they may want to pickup a post-draft or June 1st cut or extend someone during the season (maybe Carrington, Britt, or Barksdale), it actually has more to do with 2015 cap savings and the $$$ he's going to command on his next deal because if he's above average.

Sooner or later you are going to have to pay your QB if he finds any success. The only way you maintain a low contract with a QB is if he sucks... Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Sooner or later you are going to have to pay your QB if he finds any success. The only way you maintain a low contract with a QB is if he sucks... Sometimes you get what you pay for.

True. But, even if the kid pans out, chances are it's going to be later due to the new CBA.