Ejaun Price

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I thought he was cut....then re-signed to the practice squad, no? I'd imagine he'll be cut again if they draft ANY OLB. I'm guessing we have Longacre (hopefully healthy), Samson, Thompson....and....I know I'm missing someone....those 3 played roles last year...I'd guess we'd add one or 2 more...

This is a very deep defensive draft.

Not a bad topic at all....many college guys switch positions....from OLB to ILB....I remember this one guy from USC...he's on the Giants....went from DE, OLB, now ILB in the pros....he's a pretty good player too.

Will see how the draft goes this year .

I know you were upset last year with Les Snead trading back & adding John Johnson along with Gerald Everett. The crazy stat I saw just yesterday was John Johnson was 3rd in tackles for The Rams only starting after week 5 .

So what are your thoughts on Offensive Line vs LBer this year ? Ogletree, Quinn, Barwin are all gone. I think Ejuan Price has a good chance to stick !! He does not play special teams & The Rams we’re lossing a lot of CB’s
this season as well. That made Price expandable, but the risk of a team not claiming him was worth it.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
My money is on both Garrett Sickels & Carlos Thompson beating out Price, these guys have the optimal size without Price's physical limitations. With a full pre-season camp, i'm hoping Sickels comes in and surprises us all. I expect Ramik Wilson to compete with Littleton, Hager and a new draftee for the inside role next to Barron while Sickels, Thompson, Price and another draftee battle for those rotational spots behind Longacre & Ebukam.
We'll soon see if McPhillips was blowing smoke up our backsides in stating his approval of our current LB'er corps, or if they trade up for a potential starter, and then there is still the lack of information on Longacre's rehab from back surgery.
1 OLB, 1 ILB, 1 Safety, maybe a TE, NT & RB, then a bunch of OL depth and these next 3 days should be a success. jmo.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I'm hoping we go 2-OL picks to start out followed by in no order some LB's & a DT

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm hoping we go 2-OL picks to start out followed by in no order some LB's & a DT
I'm expecting just the opposite.
And inside or outside linebacker followed by an inside or outside linebacker followed by two O lineman.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I know you were upset last year with Les Snead trading back & adding John Johnson along with Gerald Everett
Not upset.....surprised.....Everett went around where Ju Ju was drafted....and a couple quality TE's were drafted later....

John Johnson....meh....thought there were better safeties on our roster...
So what are your thoughts on Offensive Line vs LBer this year ?
What Soul surfer said....I expect the players available where we draft to be better on defense than any OL prospects in the 3rd....Unless we're also looking at linemen with character issues. Which would be fine with me...

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I thought he was cut....then re-signed to the practice squad, no? I'd imagine he'll be cut again if they draft ANY OLB. I'm guessing we have Longacre (hopefully healthy), Samson, Thompson....and....I know I'm missing someone....those 3 played roles last year...I'd guess we'd add one or 2 more...

This is a very deep defensive draft.

Not a bad topic at all....many college guys switch positions....from OLB to ILB....I remember this one guy from USC...he's on the Giants....went from DE, OLB, now ILB in the pros....he's a pretty good player too.

Agreed champ. I like the fact that the fan base has hopes for the dude and all, but the hopes with this guy are mostly based on his college tape. Price hasn't exactly shown me he can play at this level. He needs a great camp and a core special teams spot on this roster or his career is going to be over.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not upset.....surprised.....Everett went around where Ju Ju was drafted....and a couple quality TE's were drafted later....

What Soul surfer said....I expect the players available where we draft to be better on defense than any OL prospects in the 3rd....Unless we're also looking at linemen with character issues. Which would be fine with me...

Looks like O’lineman went early . The Bay Area went for it.I guess will what happens later today. Was hoping no OT’s until late like last year.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Was hoping no OT’s until late like last year.
With teams ramping up investments in d-linemen....offensive linemen got more...interest than expected.....

I can't believe Kolton Miller went so high....and Connor Williams is still on the board....gives hope for Orlando Brown I guess...LOLOL

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
With teams ramping up investments in d-linemen....offensive linemen got more...interest than expected.....

I can't believe Kolton Miller went so high....and Connor Williams is still on the board....gives hope for Orlando Brown I guess...LOLOL

You want to Laugh ? Is John Lynch over his head ?? Rueben Foster

He was given a gift with the Jimmy trade & freaking the Bears with there first rd QB pick
to trade up. — Poor Jimmy ? Maybe it’s best to protect your biggest investment though , which Snead & Fisher didn’t do ??
Is Miller a better pick than Greg Robinson ?
Ex Cal, Niner
Newberry is his agent.

Kittle was a nice pick up , but at Senior Biwl Lynch looked lost this year.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You want to Laugh ? Is John Lynch over his head ?? Rueben Foster
Well, it's quite the development with Ruben...haven't you been on the arrests thread....it was some huge misunderstanding mixed in with some slander by his ex-girlfriend....
Kittle was a nice pick up , but at Senior Biwl Lynch looked lost this year.
Better to "look" lost than actually "be" lost....
They've made some wise decisions of late...and should be respected....Lynch isn't a fool....neither is Shannahan.

lockdnram21

Legend

Do u still not like johnson?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I expect the players available where we draft to be better on defense than any OL prospects in the 3rd....Unless we're also looking at linemen with character issues. Which would be fine with me...
It wouldn't surprise me if they picked up a Guard or Center there in the 3rd and they took him if they feel he was second-round worthy.

Or somebody fell because of character issues.
Character issues can be more of a problem if that player goes to a team that's losing or has bad coaching.

Character guys straighten up pretty quick when they realize they're among quality character players and quality coaching.
It's just kind of a respect thing versus a no respect thing.

Also any player that falls that was expected to go in the first or second, I could see them picking up a player they don't think is a priority position but they felt was just an incredible value.
JMO.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Do u still not like johnson?
I didn't say I didn't like him...thought there were better players on our roster....I still haven't made my mind up on him yet....One minute, he looks totally aware...and ball hawking....next minute, a RB is busting loose for 50 and he can't get a hand on them....or Gronk is boxing him out....I'm a DB guy....and I still think TJ McDonald is missed.

It wouldn't surprise me if they picked up a Guard or Center there in the 3rd and they took him if they feel he was second-round worthy.
called that pretty good....I was wrong.....but...I think they did the right thing with linemen and linebacker focused draft....

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
OLB will be a battle in training camp. All the holdovers, the newly drafted players battling for a spot or 2. Rams have a bit of cap space to bring in a vet or 2 on a vet minimum contract if they desire.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
They definitely beefed up the front seven in that draft.

I would imagine that they realized they had to.
They had to have noticed that after Brockers went down our defense went down with it.

Our starting linebackers weren't good enough against the run to be able to survive that Atlanta game without Brockers upfront.