Eagles hope to reach short-term extension with Sam Bradford/ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TXRams86

The Infamous
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13374228/philadelphia-eagles-sam-bradford-extension-talks

The Philadelphia Eagles have interest in tying starting quarterback Sam Bradford to the franchise beyond the upcoming season and have begun discussing a contract extension, according to sources.

It is not expected the negotiations would result in a long-term contract but more likely an agreement providing the team control of Bradford past the 2015 season, the final year of his current contract.

Eagles coach Chip Kelly has Bradford taking the first-team reps at training camp ahead of Mark Sanchez, his primary competition for the starting position. Bradford is coming off the second ACL injury of his career, but Kelly wants a quarterback around whom he can build his team, and Bradford has made a strong early impression.

St. Louis Rams in 2010 -- to be a franchise quarterback.

"Peyton Manning switched teams because of an injury,'' Kelly said of Manning, who moved from the Indianapolis Colts to the Denver Broncos after a year off following neck surgery. "Drew Brees switched teams because of an injury. So we went down that path."

The Eagles acquired Bradford in a trade that sent Philadelphia starting quarterback Nick Foles to the Rams. Bradford has one year left on his original NFL contract and is scheduled to make $12.95 million this season.
........................................................................................................................................................

...wow. that is all i can say about that.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Yeah they are plenty worried about that knee holding up all year.So Bradford won't get any long term deal until he proves he can stay healthy for the entire season.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Chip has fallen n love with what he see's in Sam. He is good at short, quick passes,....If you notice Foles wasn't as good throwing short quick passes in Rams Camp, but had a better long ball than Sam...Kelley wants the short passing part more, I guess...As for Sam's health, it's fools gold and the Iggles are hoping beyond hope that he's the one.....Thank God that isn't us this year.

tbux

Rookie
Trade was good for both teams IMO- If Sam indeed stays healthy, many are going to see what he was capable of. They are impressed thus far and players are saying good things about him- including top wr Matthews " his talent is obvious, he is a natural leader". Hoping Sam good healthy- he deserves it.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I've seen a lot of jokes and harping on Sam about Sam's health now that he's in Philly but that's just throwing rocks in a glass house. I read the numbers somewhere, Sam was healthier for more games in his first 3 years than Foles. I'm about as confident in Foles staying upright as Bradford

ram007

Starter
I think Chip has fallen n love with what he see's in Sam. He is good at short, quick passes,....If you notice Foles wasn't as good throwing short quick passes in Rams Camp, but had a better long ball than Sam...Kelley wants the short passing part more, I guess...As for Sam's health, it's fools gold and the Iggles are hoping beyond hope that he's the one.....Thank God that isn't us this year.

Can u link some website that proves Foles has a great long ball

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've seen a lot of jokes and harping on Sam about Sam's health now that he's in Philly but that's just throwing rocks in a glass house. I read the numbers somewhere, Sam was healthier for more games in his first 3 years than Foles. I'm about as confident in Foles staying upright as Bradford

Cherry picking. Before that period began he had the major shoulder injury in college, and after that 3 year period he has had two major knee injuries. So yes, for 3 years he only had one major injury, but in the 3 years surrounding he had 3 more major injuries.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can u link some website that proves Foles has a great long ball
Maybe I was speaking to his willingness to throw the long ball, on second thought....As for proving anything about Foles, I get that you don't like him...Do you mind if I wait awhile to see what he can be before making a judgement?

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Cherry picking. Before that period began he had the major shoulder injury in college, and after that 3 year period he has had two major knee injuries. So yes, for 3 years he only had one major injury, but in the 3 years surrounding he had 3 more major injuries.
Umm Foles I believe either tore or sprained his ACL in college, then broke his hand, had a bad concussion and broke his collar bone. Sam to my knowledge had a bad high ankle sprain and then the same knee twice. I'm just saying both have been injured a lot and I don't see one better than the other on that front

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Umm Foles I believe either tore or sprained his ACL in college, then broke his hand, had a bad concussion and broke his collar bone. Sam to my knowledge had a bad high ankle sprain and then the same knee twice. I'm just saying both have been injured a lot and I don't see one better than the other on that front

If we're going back to college, you need to include Bradford losing his final year to shoulder injury.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
If we're going back to college, you need to include Bradford losing his final year to shoulder injury.
he already mentioned it. i only brought up Foles college injury after Sam's was called out. either way it doesn't matter who had the most injuries the fact is simply that they've both been hurt a lot. and now Foles will be behind a line that will probably pass protect as poorly if not worse than the one Bradford played behind. so fingers should be crossed for both players to make it through the season.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
he already mentioned it. i only brought up Foles college injury after Sam's was called out. either way it doesn't matter who had the most injuries the fact is simply that they've both been hurt a lot. and now Foles will be behind a line that will probably pass protect as poorly if not worse than the one Bradford played behind. so fingers should be crossed for both players to make it through the season.

Yes true. Both have had their dings.

I don't know if I should be worried about our line or not, at this point. So I choose "not" until the real bullets fly. :sneaky:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Trade was good for both teams IMO- If Sam indeed stays healthy, many are going to see what he was capable of. They are impressed thus far and players are saying good things about him- including top wr Matthews " his talent is obvious, he is a natural leader". Hoping Sam good healthy- he deserves it.

When he was healthy in STL did anyone see what he was capable of?

I didn't..........and he's always looked good in drills in camp. Like any other QB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I didn't..........and he's always looked good in drills in camp. Like any other QB.

Yes.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

Absolutely I did. The best throw I've ever seen made in the history of anything was the 3rd and 25 completion to Britt. MAYBE Rodgers makes that throw. My jaw dropped.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes... at times. And that was the frustrating part.

I can't say I ever saw enough of back-to-back-to-back consistently good efforts in line with what his reputation was coming out of college.

Moments? Yes.

But my recollection is that that's all I saw... mements... here and there. Oh, and then the injuries.

I'm glad I don't have to endure the anxiety attacks anymore.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bradford:
Shoulder, ankle, ACLs (2)
Foles:
Is it a sprained or torn ACL? (your comment is the first time I've seen that injury for Foles?)
Head
Hand
Collar bone

While neither is good... I see Bradford's list as being more serious.