Eagles, eh...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
You are certainly welcome to your opinion.

Chip Kelly's offense is unique in the NFL. It is also wildly successful. In 2013 they were the 2nd team in history to rush for 2500 yards and pass for 4000 yards. This season they are the #1 ranked offense through 2 weeks, and they are averaging 32 points a game.

While you may not think that it is modern and unique, I do, and I would love to have it on the Rams.
It is most definitely not anything new, the blow it again Bills in the 90s also went with the no huddle almost exclusively, and every team has a 2 minute offense game plan. Just not every team has the personnel to run a no huddle offense that often.

I also feel like putting your defense back out on the field that quickly throughout the game has a detrimental effect on the team's overall performance. In the end, I think there's a reason why a system that the Bengals actually popularized in the 80s hasn't been responsible for a Superbowl win yet.

Anyway, I'm personally much more fascinated by the variety of formations, motions and the player match-ups that you get with substitutions. That being said, I absolutely feel there is a time and place for hurry up and no huddle and I even have my own ideas of personnel packages that could do that and still offer tremendous variety for the Rams. But I try to be realistic about what is actually possible with regard to execution and reacting to the opposition's defense especially given the quarterbacks that we are using and our offensive line.

AZRamsFan93

It is most definitely not anything new, the blow it again Bills in the 90s also went with the no huddle almost exclusively, and every team has a 2 minute offense game plan. Just not every team has the personnel to run a no huddle offense that often.

I also feel like putting your defense back out on the field that quickly throughout the game has a detrimental effect on the team's overall performance. In the end, I think there's a reason why a system that the Bengals actually popularized in the 80s hasn't been responsible for a Superbowl win yet.

Anyway, I'm personally much more fascinated by the variety of formations, motions and the player match-ups that you get with substitutions. That being said, I absolutely feel there is a time and place for hurry up and no huddle and I even have my own ideas of personnel packages that could do that and still offer tremendous variety for the Rams. But I try to be realistic about what is actually possible with regard to execution and reacting to the opposition's defense especially given the quarterbacks that we are using and our offensive line.
I don't think we could do it with our roster, our philosophy, or our coaches.

That doesn't stop me from wishing we could do it. It is much more interesting to watch.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
"I don't Care!" I just Hate the Teams I mentioned!!^

i-do-not-care-o.gif