Dying for a Chris Long Update

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Going forward I hope Fisher doesn't decide to do anything "balls to the wall"...He could do some serious damage to part of the package !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RamWoodie

Legend
Idk man Jenkins seems to give up a lot of yards when he gets beat, and he gets beat too often I feel. I'm tired of hearing about his "gambles" that leave the offenses with a chance to score, he also has penalties that kill us.

Right now I'd say Jenkins isnt THAT much better than Tru, but I can see Tru getting and being better.(based on what I saw last season)
Jenkins has ONE issue..."biting on the pump fake"...that's what gets him burned sometimes. However...the guy tackles, covers, and has a nose for the ball better than any Rams CB PERIOD!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Tru...he's good, but his size helps him more than anything. Jenkins is much more superior in coverage, tackling, and closing speed.

RamWoodie

Legend
Idk man Jenkins seems to give up a lot of yards when he gets beat, and he gets beat too often I feel. I'm tired of hearing about his "gambles" that leave the offenses with a chance to score, he also has penalties that kill us.

Right now I'd say Jenkins isnt THAT much better than Tru, but I can see Tru getting and being better.(based on what I saw last season)
Jenkins has ONE issue..."biting on the pump fake"...that's what gets him burned sometimes. However...the guy tackles, covers, and has a nose for the ball better than any Rams CB PERIOD!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Tru...he's good, but his size helps him more than anything. Jenkins is much more superior in coverage, and closing speed.

A55VA6

Legend
Getting Chris and Tru back will be huge for the defense. Hopefully they'll both be back in the next few weeks.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We really need Long and Tru back for this road trip. I hope we fair well without them.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We really need Long and Tru back for this road trip. I hope we fair well without them.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

I recall JJ getting beat twice this year. The mistake before the half against SF and the great pass and catch by Foles/Cooper the week prior. That's twice in 6 games and I truly believe he learned from that mistake against the whiners. All CBs get beat. I love what we have in JJ and sincerely believe he is not only the best CB on our team but one of the better ones in the league. His run support has been spectacular and what are these penalties you're talking about? I must have been getting another beer during all of those.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
No injury ever seems to come at the right time....the Chris Long injury may have caused more issues than we ever realized. CL main back up is & has been now for three season William Hayes. I have always liked him, he is a true professional & a great team player IMO. The William Hayes 2014 model is not close to the 2012 & 2013 versions. LDE Hayes play as a starter has been far below his previous play IMO.

Hayes has not been discussed much here since the season began with all our ongoing issues in the defense this season but he has not been overly effective. Hayes in the past years has performed very close to where CL plays where Hayes has had 12 sacks in 14 games in 2012 & 2013. This off season William Hayes underwent three off-season surgeries. Hayes did have some damage to his MCL last season. WH was MIA in OTA's & most all of TC & was slow to contribute in pre season. We saw a lot of Sam & Westbrooks instead. Hayes while still around the ball a lot is much slower & considerably pudgier. Reserve DE Eugene Sims has had a much more impact thus far than Hayes. Hayes current reliever is DL'er rookie Ethan Westbrook but he was slightly injured in the 9er game and was inactive last week. Another Ram reserve Dl'er Carrington has only 1 tack in 6 games.

As Hayes puts more time between him & this past off season surgeries & rehab he should get better & along with Chris Long's return from IR , in-addition the further development of rookie Ethan Westbrooks should turn up the heat as this season goes down the final stretch.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I do believe Coach Fassel, and the 'Boys on ST deserve a Little credit, for coming-up with and "Executing" the Play!! { And while I'm on this subject, some people have said we STOLD the play from Da Bears, maybe, borrow the idea, is more like it!! They tried it, but couldn't execute it! The Rams EXECUTED it with perfection!!:D}

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I recall JJ getting beat twice this year. The mistake before the half against SF and the great pass and catch by Foles/Cooper the week prior. That's twice in 6 games and I truly believe he learned from that mistake against the whiners. All CBs get beat. I love what we have in JJ and sincerely believe he is not only the best CB on our team but one of the better ones in the league. His run support has been spectacular and what are these penalties you're talking about? I must have been getting another beer during all of those.

Honestly you can't pin the Cooper TD on him as a mistake because he was practically inside Coopers jersey, it was a great catch. I think he is several inches taller than Jenkins and that was the difference.

I agree with you about his play, he has been very good this year. He has had a couple of big boo-boos but overall he is not something the team or fans has to worry about at all.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Honestly you can't pin the Cooper TD on him as a mistake because he was practically inside Coopers jersey, it was a great catch. I think he is several inches taller than Jenkins and that was the difference.

I agree with you about his play, he has been very good this year. He has had a couple of big boo-boos but overall he is not something the team or fans has to worry about at all.
No, not a mistake at all! That was a great offensive play and, as The Jackrabbit says "they get paid too". Love me some Jackrabbit!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No, not a mistake at all! That was a great offensive play and, as The Jackrabbit says "they get paid too". Love me some Jackrabbit!

I like that he said that, it shows he has a short memory and that he understands sometimes a guy just makes a play on him.

The 2 glaring mistakes in the 49ers game has a lot of people down on him but they are ignoring how well he has been playing this year.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I like that he said that, it shows he has a short memory and that he understands sometimes a guy just makes a play on him.

The 2 glaring mistakes in the 49ers game has a lot of people down on him but they are ignoring how well he has been playing this year.
Two? I only recall the one just before the half. Refresh my memory?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He got caught looking back as CK scrambled out of the pocket, he lost ground on Boldin who was able to get open.