Dying for a Chris Long Update

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Soon he'll be eligible to come off IR. It's either this or the next game, I think (not sure.)

I saw him at the game. He was walking without any form of restraint. You can't tell a whole lot from just walking but I felt good about it, I guess. We need him badly with Donald coming into his own.

Sack City will rise with a healthy DL.

MFaulk107

The Realness
We need Tru back to! I feel he will surpass Jenkins....

But if we had Long with this Seattle game?! That would have been nuts!

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Sack City has some bad connotations at this point.

Personally I'd like to see the nickname disappear.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think he's allowed to start practicing starting next week, so we should start hearing more about him this week, you would think so anyway!:)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Both Long and Tru will take time to get back into game shape. Playing a full game will take its toll.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think he's allowed to start practicing starting next week,so we should start hearing more about him this week, you would think so anyway!:)

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
As I have heard the rules. He would be available in our 9th game which would be the Nov 9 AZ game. I do not know about when he can start rehabbing in the team enviorment or practicing though.

Here is a definition....
During each season a club will be permitted to return one player from the Reserve/Injured List to its 53-player Active/Inactive List. Such player must have suffered a major football-related injury (defined as an injury that renders the player physically unable to practice or play football for a period of at least six weeks [42 calendar days] from the date that the injury occurred) after reporting to training camp and must have been placed on Reserve/Injured after 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the Tuesday after the final roster reduction. A player who is eligible to return must be noted as "Designated for Return" at the time the player is placed on Reserve.

And furthering the definition.....

A player who has been designated for return is ineligible to practice until six weeks have elapsed since the date he was placed on Reserve, and is not eligible to return to the Active/Inactive List until eight weeks have elapsed since the date he was placed on Reserve. The business day (prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time) that the player is placed on Reserve counts as the first day.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/...hat_it_means_to_giants_ol_geoff_schwartz.html

So it sounds like he can begin practicing after next week but not play until the AZ game. And because of the wording, it might have to be after that game since he wasn't "placed" on IR until after the first game.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I saw him several times at the game yesterday.... was walking fine with no limp that I saw. Looks like his ankle / is just taped as he was wearing shorts. No boot or anything like that. I'm sure he's getting a lot closer!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Appreciate it, fellas. Interesting a player can't say how close they are until activated. At least that's what it appears to be after reading that Twitter feed.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
So we waive a wr and beat the hawks they trade one and cry it's the reason we beat them,poor babies

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Let's hope for the best since Long can start PRACTICING this Week and play against the 49ers if physically able.

RamWoodie

Legend
We need Tru back to! I feel he will surpass Jenkins....

But if we had Long with this Seattle game?! That would have been nuts!
You're entitled to think that...but I'm here to tell you you're dreaming. Tru is a good CB...but surpass Jenkins??? NOPE!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're entitled to think that...but I'm here to tell you you're dreaming. Tru is a good CB...but surpass Jenkins??? NOPE!!!

Tru was really, really coming on end of last year. Jenks is the most talented of our CBs, no doubt, but Tru brings some stuff too. Size, for one, run support for another, and if he can show strong discipline being where he's supposed to be in coverage, he could end up being our best CB. Although now, happily, Gaines may have something to say about that.

Only thing that concerns me with Tru is the way GW uses more of the difficult calls/schemes in this defense. Will he be up to speed with them? I mean, Jenks and Gaines have been making their adjustment mistakes and getting better week by week. If Tru is behind that could hold him back, but barring that, I would not underestimate him. He looked that good in the latter half of last season.

MFaulk107

The Realness
Idk man Jenkins seems to give up a lot of yards when he gets beat, and he gets beat too often I feel. I'm tired of hearing about his "gambles" that leave the offenses with a chance to score, he also has penalties that kill us.

Right now I'd say Jenkins isnt THAT much better than Tru, but I can see Tru getting and being better.(based on what I saw last season)

iced

fisherballs.png