Dunbar, 2 year contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Love it.

The thing is, the other side of the coin, just like all the differing opinions of our posters, all have their own validity. It's what makes for great conversations. Other than great sex, is there anything better than good intelligent conversations among friends?

Skiing. Skiing is def up there.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I was talking in this FA period. We're just bringing the same people back. Dunbar wasn't very good last year. He is limited in what he can do. Was looking for a upgrade. Treading water.

He's a good two down LB. As long as we don't expect him to play pass coverage we're fine.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Glad they brought him back Armstrong never seemed to get it last year and as said had a bunch of penalties although a lot of them we on special teams. There was a noticeable improvement in the defense when he came back last year. His stats were not great but I thought he helped shore up the run defense overall. For relatively little money I think it is a value deal that will help more than hurt.

bluecoconuts

Legend
He's a good two down LB. As long as we don't expect him to play pass coverage we're fine.

Armstrong could play passing downs, or at least you'd think he could, since he's a converted safety. If they do try to work him in more, having him come in on obvious passing situations could be a good place to start.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Armstrong could play passing downs, or at least you'd think he could, since he's a converted safety. If they do try to work him in more, having him come in on obvious passing situations could be a good place to start.

Depending on the opposing team's personnel, absolutely he could play on passing downs. I'm not sure if he has the size to play on obvious running downs. It's all going to depend on scheme. At least we know that Dunbar can blow things up.

Alan

Legend
OnceARam liking that cold weather:
Skiing. Skiing is def up there.
That stuff looks like a lot of fun and if I could do it in 80F weather I'd be right there. How about water skiing in the Bahamas? :)

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Gregg Williams love to have a blitzing OLB. Whose that guy? Ray Ray? Olgetree? Dunbar? 2014 Draft Pick?

Alan

Legend
Ramsey thinking blitz:
Gregg Williams love to have a blitzing OLB. Whose that guy? Ray Ray? Olgetree? Dunbar? 2014 Draft Pick?
Ogletree would be my guess. I read one of the talking heads saying that too but I'm gonna say Ogletree anyway. :LOL:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I was talking in this FA period. We're just bringing the same people back. Dunbar wasn't very good last year. He is limited in what he can do. Was looking for a upgrade. Treading water.
Sometimes treading water on a position that is not a huge need for a scheme is a good thing. I personally like what Dunbar brings. I don't view anything this new regime has done as being just bringing the same people back. They've allowed certain people to test the market and then been able to keep the scheme fits. Let's not throw babies out with bath water and assume that is a good move. We actually DO have some pretty good players here. Returning to OUR system is not by default a bad thing. And I think GW is good indicator of what THIS system wants. I don't think Dunbar is someone we couldn't replace in the draft but there are still a lot of other holes to fill with other cheap contracts. Dunbar's seems pretty cheap to me.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Jo-Lonn is back kick ass...Jo-Lonn now go kick ass...Jo-Lonn goes on to kick ass.

Fuck you Palmer, Kaeperdick and Rusty Wilson. And Pete Carroll and Harbaugh fuck you too! I'm out.

Attachments

• Jobu-Statue2.jpg
    Jobu-Statue2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 121

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Long day at work, just saw this. Was calling for a 2-year deal worth $4M (about the same as 2012 deal) on twitter yesterday, looks like my wish came true!

I love JD and the fire, passion, and tenacity he brings to the field. He is one of the vet leaders on the D and is incredibly important in the locker room. His steroids test likely helped the modest price the Rams got him for. Although he won't be on the field in our nickel downs (JL & Tree) pass D is not what Dunbar is known for. His physicality in vs the run and as a blitzer are where the Rams value him the most. As I mentioned before we won't see him in nickel situations, but JD is a key player when we face run based teams like Seattle and San Fran in the division. Overall a great value signing and one less hole on the defense filled for a good price.

We've signed 2 of the 3 Rams I want us to resign. Now lets just get Barnes to sign the deal

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Sometimes treading water on a position that is not a huge need for a scheme is a good thing. I personally like what Dunbar brings. I don't view anything this new regime has done as being just bringing the same people back. They've allowed certain people to test the market and then been able to keep the scheme fits. Let's not throw babies out with bath water and assume that is a good move. We actually DO have some pretty good players here. Returning to OUR system is not by default a bad thing. And I think GW is good indicator of what THIS system wants. I don't think Dunbar is someone we couldn't replace in the draft but there are still a lot of other holes to fill with other cheap contracts. Dunbar's seems pretty cheap to me.

He started 10 games and made 39 tackles. He's maxed out and not going to improve. He's a huge liability in coverage, so much so on running downs teams would try to flip a TE on him or slip a back into his flat. A depth guy that can fill in at MLB that's fine. But he's a bad player at this point. Now one year older. The Finnegan of the LB core. Treading water might be fine, but every move should improve the team.

I don't know if he's a good individual player but our D went from 32nd without him to 6th with him (may be a complete coincidence), glad to have him back

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Jo fits this defense he knows this defense he is a very good OSLB'er that had a an off year due to a very big mistake made by him....he is still my favorite Ram Lb'er! Dunbar is due for a very big....very big year watch for it!