LEGEND Dumbass of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://wgntv.com/2015/06/02/man-ran-fake-dui-checkpoint-while-drunk-cops/

Man ran fake DUI checkpoint while drunk

SOMERSET, Pa. (AP) — Police say a man who set up a drunken-driving checkpoint complete with road flares while pretending to be a Pennsylvania state trooper was drunk.

Troopers say 19-year-old Logan Shaulis, of Somerset, parked his vehicle diagonally across state Route 601 and set up road flares at about 4 a.m. Saturday.

A motorist who stopped says Shaulis claimed he was a trooper and demanded to see a driver’s license, registration and insurance papers.

When real troopers arrived, police say Shaulis tried to hand a BB pistol to the car’s passenger and said, “I can’t get caught with this.”

He faces charges including drunken driving, impersonating a public servant and unlawful restraint. He remained jailed Tuesday. Online court records don’t list an attorney for him.

A preliminary hearing is set for June 9.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Starting at age 17 through 22, I worked at a fast-food place in San Jose, CA called Jack-in-the-Box. It helped put me through college but also gave me insight on the depravity of my fellow human beings, both co-workers and those staring at us through the windows.

It didn't help that customers drove up to a clown head and talked into the speaker, of course associating the people inside with clowns and treating us accordingly.

Still, I could never understand how people could be so ignorant as to insult someone who was making their food, especially since they weren't able to watch them do it.

I witnessed co-workers wiping their butt with hamburgers buns, blowing snot and spitting onto burgers, peeing into the french fry fryer(which btw it turns out is not a good idea for the person doing that because it splatters and causes burns in sensitive areas), etc. I could go on and on but you get the idea. It's wise to treat those making and serving your food with at least a little bit of respect.

The dumbass candidates here are the waiter and the customer who just couldn't let it go by accepting a full refund and an apology from management. No, like every other lawsuit-hungry American he had to file a civil suit.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-dna-analysis-prove-chilis-waiter-spit-customers/story?id=31495378

Cops Use DNA Analysis to Prove Chili's Waiter Spit in Customer's Drink
Jun 3, 2015
By EVAN SIMON

A New York man who suspected that a Chili's restaurant waiter had spit into his drink got the law involved and investigators were able to determine who spit into the drink using DNA analysis, according to court documents.

The incident took place last July, when Ken Yerdon and his wife, Julie Aluzzo Yerdon, went to dinner at a Chili's restaurant on Route 31 in Clay, New York, according to court documents from a lawsuit filed Tuesday. The couple complained to their server, Gregory Lamica, then 24, that their food was under-cooked and that they hadn't been served chips, Yerdon said.

"They were polite to the server, and even left a tip," Robert Lahm, a lawyer representing the Yerdons in the case, told ABC News today.

ht_chillis_wings_tl_150603_4x3_992.jpg

Courtesy Ken Yerdon
PHOTO: A photo taken by Ken Yerdon after he discovered spit in his Chili's drink.

"We weren't rude or anything," Ken Yerdon told ABC News. "It was a busy night but we didn't expect for our food to get spit in," he said.

Before leaving, the couple asked for to-go drinks and as they drove off, the styrofoam cup's lid popped off, revealing a nasty surprise, Yerdon said.

"The lid popped off and I looked in and there was some spit in the cup," Yerdon said, noting "it was really bad."

Yerdon dropped off his wife and 12-year-old son before driving back to the restaurant, where managers apologized and gave Yerdon a refund and some coupons but did not admit Lamica was responsible for the incident, Lahm said.

Yerdon said he then ran into a sobbing Lamica in the parking lot, where he asked him why he'd spit in his cup. According to Yerdon, Lamica denied that he had spit in the cup, prompting Yerdon to say "you wouldn't be crying if you hadn't spit in my cup."

Lamica told Yerdon he didn't want to lose his job, Yerdon recalled, to which Yerdon replied "you should have thought of that before you spit in my cup."

"It's a backstory that everybody thinks about, what the servers do and what's happening in the kitchen," Lahm said. "It’s disgusting to think about it."

Since Ken Yerdon took two sips of the drink before he saw the spit, he said he decided to get tested for HIV and hepatitis, and in both cases he subsequently tested negative. HIV cannot be contracted through saliva, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Several days after the Yerdons called the state police, investigators showed up at Lamica’s door where he denied spitting in Yerdon’s drink but agreed to have his mouth swabbed for DNA, according to state police. Meanwhile, Lamica had not been fired and he continued to work at the Chili's until last October when he left on his own volition, according to court papers.

Three months after the incident, DNA analysis concluded the spit in the Yerdon’s cup matched Lamica’s, who was brought into a police station where he confessed to the crime and was charged with disorderly conduct, according to state police. Lamica pleaded guilty in February and was sentenced to a one-year conditional discharge and a $125 surcharge, according to Clay Town Court.

The Yerdons filed a lawsuit Tuesday against Lamica, Chili's parent company and the owner of the Chili's for negligence and retention of an incompetent employee. The lawsuit did not specify the damages being sought.

Lamica could not be reached for comment by ABC News.

"Due to company policy and a pending lawsuit, we are waiting to review the case before commenting," a manager at the Chili's in Liverpool, New York, told ABC News today.

Brinker International, Chili's parent company in Dallas, Texas, named as a co-defendant in the lawsuit, did not immediately respond to a request for comment from ABC News.

"We won't be going back to Chili's," Yerdon said.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Japan or China (I can't remember which) is DNA-testing gum found on the sidewalk, and public-shaming them with posters of their face. It's kind of funny.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Japan or China (I can't remember which) is DNA-testing gum found on the sidewalk, and public-shaming them with posters of their face. It's kind of funny.
So you're saying they have a DNA database for the entire population, That's un-American...
Oh, nevermind.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
If there's a dumbass Hall of Fame, the Bieb is well on his way for a nomination. Can you imagine being slapped three times by this specimen?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/05/us-people-justinbieber-idUSKBN0OK2E020150605

r

Canadian singer Justin Bieber arrives for the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala 2015 in Manhattan, New York May 4, 2015.
REUTERS/ANDREW KELLY

Bieber pleads guilty to assault, careless driving in Canada
TORONTO | BY JEFFREY HODGSON

Justin Bieber pleaded guilty to assault and careless driving charges in connection with a collision and altercation with a photographer near his Canadian hometown, his lawyer confirmed on Thursday.

The 21-year-old singer, who appeared at the hearing via video link from Los Angeles, received an absolute discharge on the assault charge and a C$750 ($600.00) fine for the careless driving charge. He was also required to pay a C$100 victim surcharge.

The pop star had originally been charged with dangerous driving following the August incident, but that charge was dropped.

The incident happened during a visit to the Stratford, Ontario, area with pop star Selena Gomez. The two were "disrupted by the unwelcome presence of paparazzi," his lawyer said at the time.

Local media, citing police, reported there was a "physical altercation" following a collision between a minivan and an all-terrain vehicle outside the town.

Bieber's lawyer, Brian Greenspan, said the absolute discharge for the assault "recognized the fact that it was an incident that was somewhat provoked and that it lasted less than a minute."

"The assault was described even by the photographer as a couple of slaps, certainly three at the most, that he deflected with his shoulder," Greenspan said, adding that Bieber acknowledged his responsibility to the judge.

Bieber, whose songs include the hits "Boyfriend" and "Beauty and a Beat," has been a favorite paparazzi target and has had several run-ins with the law.

In August, he pleaded guilty to careless driving and resisting an officer without violence in Florida, part of a deal to resolve allegations that he had been drag racing in a Lamborghini under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

In July, Bieber pleaded no contest to misdemeanor vandalism for pelting a neighbor's California home with eggs. He was sentenced to two years probation.

(Additional reporting by Allison Martell in Toronto and Mike De Souza in Ottawa; Editing byChristian Plumb and Leslie Adler)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://news.yahoo.com/york-man-says-fortuneteller-scammed-him-fortune-190911623.html

New York man says fortuneteller scammed him out $700K

NEW YORK (AP) — A New York man who sought help from a fortuneteller to fix a romantic relationship says she scammed him out of more than $700,000.

Now the allegations have the Manhattan psychic, Priscilla Delmaro, and another person facing charges of grand larceny.

The 32-year-old Brooklyn man told police he consulted Delmaro in August 2013 who told him that evil spirits were keeping him from a woman he claimed to love and wanted to be with who did not share his same affections, The New York Times reported (http://nyti.ms/1dU288a ).

In a statement he and a private investigator presented to detectives last month, the man said that the 26-year-old psychic told him that he and the woman, Michelle, were "twin flames" being kept apart by negativity. Delmaro told him spirits talked to her, so he made multiple payments to her over 20 months, he told investigators.

According to the man, those payments included $80,000 for an 80-mile bridge she said would trap evil spirits into another realm, a $30,000 Rolex she claimed would cleanse the sins of his past and $40,064 for a Tiffany diamond ring to "protect his energy," along with other payments totaling as much as $40,000.

The man— who has not been identified in court documents —told police he had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars before finding out in February 2014 that Michelle had died. But, the man wrote, Delmaro said she could be reincarnated.

More payments and a trip to seek out the "new" Michelle followed before the man said he decided to go to police. By then, he said he was out $713,975.

Delmaro and 27-year-old Bobby Evans were arrested on May 26. Their lawyer, Jeffrey Cylkowski, denied the man's allegations.

Delmaro and Evans remain jailed.

___

Information from: The New York Times, http://www.nytimes.com

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/chinese-actress-sued-her-intense-stare-n372436

Chinese Actress Sued for Her Intense Stare
by EMMA WILKINSON

Zhao Wei, one of the most famous stars in China, has been sued for staring too intensely at the plaintiff through the television screen.

A new court regulations system was passed in China, which authorities hoped would "put an end to obstructive behavior by courts and officials meddling in cases," according to Associated Press. However, an unintended consequence of this change is the increase in frivolous cases like the man who claims Wei's stare caused him "spiritual damage."

Reports say the lawsuit filed by a Shanghai man involves the prime-time TV show "Tiger Mom" which debuted in May and centers on a couple's differing approach to raising their daughter. Zhao plays the big-eyed mother who relentlessly pushes her daughter's development, while the father wants his child to have more freedom.

Gan Wen, deputy head of a case-filing chamber under the Supreme Court, said at a news conference Tuesday that the Zhao case was an example of citizens abusing their right to file lawsuits: "It's not necessary to waste our judicial resources on cases like these," Gan said.

In this photo taken Thursday, Aug. 28, 2014, Chinese actress Zhao Wei poses for portraits during the 71st edition of the Venice Film Festival in Venice, Italy. New rules enacted May 1, 2015 making it easier to file lawsuits in China have led to a new concern over frivolous ones, including a man who is suing actress Zhao for staring at him too intensely through his TV set.
Domenico Stinellis

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wo...sm-row-Female-scientists-are-distracting.html

Nobel scientist says women in science 'fall in love' and 'cry' in labs and stuff
By Radhika Sanghani

tim_hunt_3336164b.jpg

Photo: Johnny Green/PA Wire

Nobel prize winner Sir Tim Hunt has an issue with female scientists - they're too distracting romantically and they cry when criticised.

Hunt, 72, an English biochemist who admitted he has a reputation for being a 'chauvinist', reportedly told the World Conference of Science Journalists in Seoul, South Korea:

“Let me tell you about my trouble with girls … three things happen when they are in the lab … You fall in love with them, they fall in love with you and when you criticise them, they cry.”

He added that he was "in favour of single-sex labs" but "doesn't want to stand in the way of women."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://news.yahoo.com/york-man-says-fortuneteller-scammed-him-fortune-190911623.html

New York man says fortuneteller scammed him out $700K

NEW YORK (AP) — A New York man who sought help from a fortuneteller to fix a romantic relationship says she scammed him out of more than $700,000.

Now the allegations have the Manhattan psychic, Priscilla Delmaro, and another person facing charges of grand larceny.

The 32-year-old Brooklyn man told police he consulted Delmaro in August 2013 who told him that evil spirits were keeping him from a woman he claimed to love and wanted to be with who did not share his same affections, The New York Times reported (http://nyti.ms/1dU288a ).

In a statement he and a private investigator presented to detectives last month, the man said that the 26-year-old psychic told him that he and the woman, Michelle, were "twin flames" being kept apart by negativity. Delmaro told him spirits talked to her, so he made multiple payments to her over 20 months, he told investigators.

According to the man, those payments included $80,000 for an 80-mile bridge she said would trap evil spirits into another realm, a $30,000 Rolex she claimed would cleanse the sins of his past and $40,064 for a Tiffany diamond ring to "protect his energy," along with other payments totaling as much as $40,000.

The man— who has not been identified in court documents —told police he had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars before finding out in February 2014 that Michelle had died. But, the man wrote, Delmaro said she could be reincarnated.

More payments and a trip to seek out the "new" Michelle followed before the man said he decided to go to police. By then, he said he was out $713,975.

Delmaro and 27-year-old Bobby Evans were arrested on May 26. Their lawyer, Jeffrey Cylkowski, denied the man's allegations.

Delmaro and Evans remain jailed.

___

Information from: The New York Times, http://www.nytimes.com
lol. Some people are so gullible.

I went to a fortune teller once on the Boardwalk in Atlantic City with my wife several years ago. We were there to see Andrea Bocelli and were bored one night while we were walking around hitting the bars. She got some stuff right, but there's a method to that. I was just waiting for the money grab to come, and it sure did. I was told I should buy this black river rock she had for $50.00, and keep it under my pillow for 47 days, because it would "attract the spirit of abundance to me." I said, "yeah, that's okay. I'm staying fairly abundant by holding onto my money."

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
lol. Some people are so gullible.

I went to a fortune teller once on the Boardwalk in Atlantic City with my wife several years ago. We were there to see Andrea Bocelli and were bored one night while we were walking around hitting the bars. She got some stuff right, but there's a method to that. I was just waiting for the money grab to come, and it sure did. I was told I should buy this black river rock she had for $50.00, and keep it under my pillow for 47 days, because it would "attract the spirit of abundance to me." I said, "yeah, that's okay. I'm staying fairly abundant by holding onto my money."
okay, I admit it, I had one get me for 300 bucks once. They wanted $2,500 :)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/category/location/md/page/10/

SHOP WITH A COP

Walmart security had it pretty easy over the weekend when a man allegedly decided it would be a good idea to shoplift while 50 police officers held a charity event at the store.

Officials in Maryland arrested Timothy Randall Clark on Saturday after he allegedly attempted to steal over $500 in video game products at the same time that law enforcement authorities were holding their “Shop With A Cop” community program, according to a Charles County Sheriff’s Department press release.

The store’s loss prevention unit discovered the 22-year-old cutting open and shoving video games and accessories into his shirt and promptly contacted police — they were everywhere, anyway — before the suspect could make it to the door.

Shop With A Cop is a nationally held charity program intended to build good relations between law enforcement and local youth.

Authorities say they found 26 Play Station and Xbox games, two controllers, and various other video game accessories valued at $635.04.

Clark is charged with theft.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.myfoxny.com/story/29298046/sprinklers-breached

Woman frustrated with ER wait time sets off sprinkler
By Sheeka Strickland

Posted: Jun 11, 2015

Katlyn Milligan

(Morganton, N.C.)--A woman frustrated with long wait times in a hospital emergency room held a lighter to a sprinkler, dousing the entire ER in water, according to police.

A police report says "copious amounts of water" flooded the emergency room. The responding officer called the scene "chaotic and disastrous" when he got there, as employees rushed to move patients from the ER to a conference area.

Police say Katlyn Milligan, 20, told them she'd been in Carolinas HealthCare System - Blue Ridge in Morganton, North Carolina for at least 90 minutes, waiting for her mother's girlfriend to be treated for a back problem.

They say that Milligan said she grew impatient, so she went to the women's bathroom, turned a trash can upside down, stood on it, and held a lighter to a sprinkler for at least a minute.

Water damage caused ceiling tiles to crumble in the hospital.

After the sprinklers went off, doctors admitted Milligan to the ER to check her for exposure to stagnated water from the sprinkler. Once she was discharged, police took her into custody.

Milligan was charged with burning personal property, damage to personal property, and molesting a fire extinguishing system. She was arrested, and given a $5,000 secured bond.

Milligan told police she'd been charged in Florida before for making a bomb threat.

When reached for comment she said, “I'm sorry I don't want to be bothered.”

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
That freaking Pisses me off.
This happened in a neighboring town. A mom walking past saw the kids locked in a parked car, stood next to the car and called the police. A few mins later the kids' nanny strolled out of a store without a care in the world. The bystanding mom stood behind the car and would not let the kids' nanny pull out of the parking spot until the police arrived.

I never heard what happend after that, but lets hope the nanny was fired.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/eleanor-hawkins-locals-say-gods-5858175

Eleanor Hawkins: Locals say gods were angered by naked student who 'caused earthquake'
10 JUNE 2015
BY DON MACKAY
Indigenous Malaysians blame the natural disaster that killed 16 people on 10 Westerners who stripped off on Mount Kinabalu

Eleanor-Hawkins.jpg

3 months in jail or 10 buffalo heads: Eleanor

British climber Eleanor Hawkins is facing three months in prison after being accused of causing an earthquake by 'stripping naked' on a sacred Malaysian mountain, Mirror Online can reveal.

This morning we revealed that the tourist was arrested by police who claimed she was part of a group of 10 Westerners stripping off the 4,000 metre tall Mount Kinabalu on May 30.

Six days later the country saw one of the biggest earthquakes in decades kill at least 16 people and locals blame the nude tourists for 'offending the mountain god'.

Tim Stewart News
PAY-British-backpacker-Eleanor-Hawkins-24.jpg

British backpacker Eleanor Hawkins, 24, who has been arrested in Malaysia for stripping naked on top of a sacred mountain

Speaking to the Mirror, Eleanor's lawyer Ronny Cham said she is "a bit traumatised" but is "okay because she is being looked after by the British consulate."

The 23-year-old, from Derby, was apprehended by police yesterday at Tawau airport after trying to board a plane to Kuala Lumpur, officials said.

She appeared in court this morning alongside three other defendants, two Canadians and one Dutch national.
Universal News And Sport
PAY-Tourists-strip-naked-before-taking-pictures-on-a-mountain-peak.jpg

Lindsey and Danielle Petersen are two of the ten tourists who are blamed for an earthquake that struck Mount Kinabalu

The four were then locked up behind bars in the police headquarters but Mr Cham requested that they be held separate from Malaysian prisoners.

He added: "Because they are foreigners, they are not entitled to bail but I think there should be no doubt about her safety or her welfare because she is being looked after.

"As far as the Malaysian police are concerned, they are being kept away from other prisoners and we have good diplomatic relations with the British consulate here."

Malaysian Times
Eleanor-Grace-Hawkins.jpg

Eleanor Grace Hawkins who was arrested for posing topless atop a mountain in Malaysia

Earlier today, a Foreign Office spokesperson confirmed to Mirror Online that a British national has been arrested and said they are "providing consular assistance."

Deputy chief minister Tan Sri Alfred Jab also blamed the tourists for the tragedy and said they deserve to be punished.

Among those killed in the earthquake were a dozen students and at least one teacher on a school trip.

The area's MP Wilfred Tangau said: "It is all right, they can laugh at our Native Court. Go ahead.

"This is how we've been living for so long, without police and in harmony. So action must be taken."

Mr Jab told state media: "Some places have their own historical background and are sacred to the local community and, as such, visitors to these places should respect the place, the local traditions and cultures.

British-backpacker-Eleanor-Hawkins.jpg

British backpacker Eleanor Hawkins

"If we go to a mountain, there is what I call a mountain protocol to be observed. We local people believe that there is someone, the guardians of these places, and there is a form of order of sacredness for those who go to the mountain to respect."

Earlier this morning, a British Foreign Office spokesperson told Mirror Online: "We can confirm a British national has been detained in Malaysia and we are providing consular assistance."

Mirror Online has approached the Malaysian Foreign Ministry for a comment.

RhodyRams

well hung member
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SportsBook Bookie
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/11/adam-hirtle-shoots-self-in-foot_n_7564242.html

Some guys shoot themselves in the foot metaphorically. but only Adam Hirtle knows if it's worse to do it literally. And he did it not once, but twice.

Hirtle, 30, of Colorado Springs, Colorado, told investigators he purposely shot himself in the foot Wednesday night because he was curious how it would feel, the Denver Post reported.

Investigators went to a hospital around 7 p.m. after getting a call about an accidental gun discharge.

Hirtle was quick to correct them that his wounds were anything but accidental.

He told officers he intentionally pointed a .22 caliber, semi-automatic handgun at his foot and pulled the trigger , according to Fox News.

Police said Hirtle told them he was in the garage and decided to take off his boot and shoot his foot. Then he put the boot back on and took another shot, according to KDVR.com.

Hirtle did not sustain life-threatening injuries from his self-inflicted wounds, according to 9News.com.

What Hirtle will do with his newfound knowledge is anyone's guess. However, he will be getting an education in the legal system, according to Westword.

Hirtle has been arrested on suspicion of a prohibited use of weapons, reckless endangerment and child abuse, because one or more kids may have been in the vicinity when he fired the gun.