LEGEND Dumbass of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
This is what our society has come to - a pig is now needed for "emotional support."
********************************************************************************
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/49203...ways-flight-emotional-support-pig-disruptive/

Woman kicked off flight after emotional support PIG became rowdy
By Danny Collins

nintchdbpict000367092291.jpg

A PLANE passenger was booted off a flight because her rowdy emotional support PIG caused mayhem on board.

The woman was given her marching orders after the havoc-wreaking hog began walking up and down the aisles.

Even attempts to strap the farmyard animal to an arm rest failed.

One shocked onlooker said the brown swine looked around five stone as it was tossed over the unidentified woman's shoulder and marched off.

Others initially thought it was a duffel bag - but were given the shock of their lives when it began oinking on board the US Airways flight out of Connecticut.

University professor Jonathan Skolnik told ABC: "It turns out it wasn’t a duffel bag. We could smell it and it was a pig on a leash.

"She tethered it to the arm rest next to me and started to deal with her stuff, but the pig was walking back and forth.

"I was terrified, because I was thinking I’m gonna be on the plane with the pig."

Staff were eventually forced to order the pig off the flight when it became too disruptive.

American Airlines, the parent company of US Airways, confirmed it was taken on board as an emotional support animal.

I understand emotional support animals like dogs and cats, but pigs, I draw the line at.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I understand emotional support animals like dogs and cats, but pigs, I draw the line at.
But at the same time, getting a dog because you like the company doesn't make it a service animal. And to be fair, it could be reasonable seen as disrespectful to people that have trained service animals that struggle to live without them.

For example, my aunt in law got a Chihuahua from the local shelter, bought it a vest that says "Service Dog" and swears that it's there for her emotional support. But it's really just a dog. With normal "I have a dog" benefits. Jmo.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
But at the same time, getting a dog because you like the company doesn't make it a service animal. And to be fair, it could be reasonable seen as disrespectful to people that have trained service animals that struggle to live without them.

For example, my aunt in law got a Chihuahua from the local shelter, bought it a vest that says "Service Dog" and swears that it's there for her emotional support. But it's really just a dog. With normal "I have a dog" benefits. Jmo.

Some people absolutely need emotional support, though. Some have severe anxiety, some have severe depression, some people have severe PTSD or have otherwise suffered so much in their life that they need emotional support that cannot be provided by anything other than a dog or cat. Some people suffer from those symptoms so much that they cannot function when something triggers whatever health problems they have.

I look at one of my friends, who has struggled with severe anxiety and has had medical health issues, and she has a support cat who has been with her most of her life. It's not because of liking company so much as being a stress-reducer, as animals have been proven to do.

As a person who literally could have a service animal because of physical health issues (being in a wheelchair), I don't find it disrespectful for others who need emotional support to have a dog or cat to help them with their daily life. I do draw the line at anything other than a cat or dog, so there's that.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Some people absolutely need emotional support, though. Some have severe anxiety, some have severe depression, some people have severe PTSD or have otherwise suffered so much in their life that they need emotional support that cannot be provided by anything other than a dog or cat. Some people suffer from those symptoms so much that they cannot function when something triggers whatever health problems they have.

I look at one of my friends, who has struggled with severe anxiety and has had medical health issues, and she has a support cat who has been with her most of her life. It's not because of liking company so much as being a stress-reducer, as animals have been proven to do.

As a person who literally could have a service animal because of physical health issues (being in a wheelchair), I don't find it disrespectful for others who need emotional support to have a dog or cat to help them with their daily life. I do draw the line at anything other than a cat or dog, so there's that.

Being a veteran I know people with PTSD who have and absolutely need service animals. Trained service animals. Not just some pet they picked up at a shelter or bought some certain breed from a somebody for any of a million reasons and now it's there for emotional support. A trained service animal.

My point was that you can't just label any animal a service animal because you *feel* like it. I mean, I can't just walk around calling myself a therapist or a cop because I feel like it. Service animals, the kind who should be allowed in places pets are not, should be trained service animals, not pets that we add labels to. That's all I was getting at.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
A PLANE passenger was booted off a flight because her rowdy emotional support PIG caused mayhem on board.

I think the pig would have been better served providing nutritional support for all the planes passengers. Bacon strips. Pork rinds. Delicious.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Being a veteran I know people with PTSD who have and absolutely need service animals. Trained service animals. Not just some pet they picked up at a shelter or bought some certain breed from a somebody for any of a million reasons and now it's there for emotional support. A trained service animal.

My point was that you can't just label any animal a service animal because you *feel* like it. I mean, I can't just walk around calling myself a therapist or a cop because I feel like it. Service animals, the kind who should be allowed in places pets are not, should be trained service animals, not pets that we add labels to. That's all I was getting at.

Having managed properties and owned a restaurant for many years I have dealt with this issue way too much. Some people absolutely abuse the service/comfort animal issue. It got to the point where anyone who simply knew the person who “needed” a service or comfort animal could sign a statement saying the person needed it and you could do nothing about it. No training. No licensing. Your friend could just write a letter. We had to allow it. Pathetic.

They have since wised up to a degree but it is still as grey as grey can get. It’s a shame because there are legitimate needs for service animals and these dirt bags were simply making a mockery of the need.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Having managed properties and owned a restaurant for many years I have dealt with this issue way too much. Some people absolutely abuse the service/comfort animal issue. It got to the point where anyone who simply knew the person who “needed” a service or comfort animal could sign a statement saying the person needed it and you could do nothing about it. No training. No licensing. Your friend could just write a letter. We had to allow it. Pathetic.

They have since wised up to a degree but it is still as grey as grey can get. It’s a shame because there are legitimate needs for service animals and these dirt bags were simply making a mockery of the need.
I concur. It has become a pathetic pattern. Claiming your dog is a "service dog" just to bypass apartment restrictions, etc.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Sorry to say it guys but if I had to become a renter I would totally use the "service dog" loophole to keep my dogs.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

This is probably a terrible thing to say but if I had been there when that happened I wouldn't have helped the guy out. Because I would have then lost the pleasure of seeing triple distilled idiocy. It's rare to spot that in the wild.

Having managed properties and owned a restaurant for many years I have dealt with this issue way too much.

Here is SWFL people bring their dogs everywhere. Mattress shopping, out to a restaurant, into clothing stores......everywhere. It's fucked up.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.wtsp.com/news/graphic-obscene-skydrawings-spotted-in-okanogan-co/492521457

Graphic: Navy admits to being involved in obscene skydrawings spotted in Okanogan Co.
Staff , KREM

OKANOGAN COUNTY, Wash. – Officials with the Naval Air Station Whidbey Island said one of their aircraft was involved in the obscene skywritings spotted in Okanogan County.

Photos sent to KREM 2 by multiple sources show skydrawings of what some people are saying is male genitalia. Some sources have even tweeted pictures of what they saw.

View: https://twitter.com/anahi_torres_/status/931266469869977600/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wtsp.com%2Fnews%2Fgraphic-obscene-skydrawings-spotted-in-okanogan-co%2F492521457

In a statement to KREM 2 News navy officials said, "The Navy holds its aircrew to the highest standards and we find this absolutely unacceptable, of zero training value and we are holding the crew accountable."

KREM 2 spoke to the Federal Aviation Administration to get some information about who may have made the drawings. FAA officials said unless the act poses a safety risk, there is nothing they can do about. The official said they "cannot police morality."

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...finds-it-20-years-later/ar-BBF5mZ2?li=BBnb7Kz
Man forgets where he parks his car - then finds it 20 years later
19 / 22

The Independent

Harry Cockburn 19 hrs ago

BBF2ubT.img
© Provided by Independent Print LimitedBack in 1997 in the German city of Frankfurt, a man reported his car as stolen to the police.

Twenty years later, the authorities in the city have tracked down the missing vehicle, only to discover that the man who owned it had in fact, just forgotten where he’d parked the car and had assumed it had been stolen.

The vehicle was found in a garage in an old industrial building that is due to be demolished.

The car was in the way of the demolition so it was reported to the police who then investigated who the owner was.

According to German regional paper Augsberger Allgemein, the man, now 76-years-old, was driven by the police with his daughter to be reunited with the car.

Unfortunately the car was no longer functional and had to be scrapped. “The car can no longer be driven and will be sent to the scrap heap,” Frankfurt authorities said.

The incident is reminiscent of another German case, in which a man was reunited with his vehicle two years after parking up and going on a drinking binge in Munich, only to forget where he’d parked. He reported it missing and eventually police found the vehicle 4km (2.5 miles) away from where the man thought he’d parked it.

It had 40,000 euros (USD$47,000) in cash in the boot, along with 50,000 euros (USD$59,000) worth of tools.

Earlier this year a man from Scotland lost his car after attending a Stoneroses gig in Manchester. He reportedly searched for the vehicle for 5 days before giving up. He even contacted the council and various companies in a bid to trace the vehicle.

He eventually reported the car stolen, but it was found six months later, exactly where he’d left it, though with parking fines estimated at over £5,000 (roughly USD$6,600).

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...finds-it-20-years-later/ar-BBF5mZ2?li=BBnb7Kz
Man forgets where he parks his car - then finds it 20 years later
19 / 22

The Independent

Harry Cockburn 19 hrs ago

BBF2ubT.img
© Provided by Independent Print LimitedBack in 1997 in the German city of Frankfurt, a man reported his car as stolen to the police.

Twenty years later, the authorities in the city have tracked down the missing vehicle, only to discover that the man who owned it had in fact, just forgotten where he’d parked the car and had assumed it had been stolen.

The vehicle was found in a garage in an old industrial building that is due to be demolished.

The car was in the way of the demolition so it was reported to the police who then investigated who the owner was.

According to German regional paper Augsberger Allgemein, the man, now 76-years-old, was driven by the police with his daughter to be reunited with the car.

Unfortunately the car was no longer functional and had to be scrapped. “The car can no longer be driven and will be sent to the scrap heap,” Frankfurt authorities said.

The incident is reminiscent of another German case, in which a man was reunited with his vehicle two years after parking up and going on a drinking binge in Munich, only to forget where he’d parked. He reported it missing and eventually police found the vehicle 4km (2.5 miles) away from where the man thought he’d parked it.

It had 40,000 euros (USD$47,000) in cash in the boot, along with 50,000 euros (USD$59,000) worth of tools.

Earlier this year a man from Scotland lost his car after attending a Stoneroses gig in Manchester. He reportedly searched for the vehicle for 5 days before giving up. He even contacted the council and various companies in a bid to trace the vehicle.

He eventually reported the car stolen, but it was found six months later, exactly where he’d left it, though with parking fines estimated at over £5,000 (roughly USD$6,600).

I can relate to this. After a few drinks and ? at a concert in the 70's, i'd lost my car at the Forum. If security hadn't picked us up almost two hours later, either we'd still be looking or I might have reported this to my insurance company.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://fortune.com/2017/11/22/man-plans-homemade-rocket-space-voyage-to-prove-earth-is-flat/

Man Plans Homemade-Rocket Space Voyage to Prove Earth is Flat
By Emily Price

A California man is pushing a scientific argument that you probably haven’t heard in a while: the Earth is flat.

Mike Hughes told the Associated Press that he thinks that people mistakenly believe the Earth is round because of a conspiracy among astronauts. He plans to prove that we in fact live on a flat disc by launching himself into space and snapping a photo.

The 61-year-old has spent the past few years—and $20,000—building his own rocket to make the journey. For the record: As a limo driver, he has no formal training in space launches.

“I don’t believe in science,” said Hughes, whose main sponsor for the rocket is Research Flat Earth, a group that promotes the idea that we aren’t all living on a spinning ball. “I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air, about the certain size of rocket nozzles, and thrust. But that’s not science, that’s just a formula. There’s no difference between science and science fiction.”

On Saturday, he plans to blast off over Amboy, Calif. at speeds of up to 500 mph from a mobile home that he purchased for $1,500 and converted into a launcher.

After this weekend’s rocket ride, Hughes says he has plans for another big adventure (if he survives): He wants to run for California governor.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I was going to post this non sense. I hope they have it live. The Earth is spherical you can see it during a lunar eclipse! When we are between the Sun and the Moon. How is that hard to understand?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I was going to post this non sense. I hope they have it live. The Earth is spherical you can see it during a lunar eclipse! When we are between the Sun and the Moon. How is that hard to understand?

You get the same shadow from a coin and a marble. You can see the Earth has round edges, but you can't see it's spherical.

He's wrong, just to be clear. I don't believe in a flat Earth. But shadows can't prove 3 dimensional shape.

BadCompany

Rookie
http://fortune.com/2017/11/22/man-plans-homemade-rocket-space-voyage-to-prove-earth-is-flat/

Man Plans Homemade-Rocket Space Voyage to Prove Earth is Flat
By Emily Price

A California man is pushing a scientific argument that you probably haven’t heard in a while: the Earth is flat.

Mike Hughes told the Associated Press that he thinks that people mistakenly believe the Earth is round because of a conspiracy among astronauts. He plans to prove that we in fact live on a flat disc by launching himself into space and snapping a photo.

The 61-year-old has spent the past few years—and $20,000—building his own rocket to make the journey. For the record: As a limo driver, he has no formal training in space launches.

“I don’t believe in science,” said Hughes, whose main sponsor for the rocket is Research Flat Earth, a group that promotes the idea that we aren’t all living on a spinning ball. “I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air, about the certain size of rocket nozzles, and thrust. But that’s not science, that’s just a formula. There’s no difference between science and science fiction.”

On Saturday, he plans to blast off over Amboy, Calif. at speeds of up to 500 mph from a mobile home that he purchased for $1,500 and converted into a launcher.

After this weekend’s rocket ride, Hughes says he has plans for another big adventure (if he survives): He wants to run for California governor.

I see absolutely no way this could go wrong.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...t-Adventure-Jackson-New-Jersey-463032503.html

Snowball Fight Canceled Due to Snow

A snowball fight that was billed as the largest in the world was canceled Saturday -- because of the snow.

Six Flags Great Adventures in Ocean County, New Jersey, had planned a "Snow Day" on Saturday, but instead the park closed as the region experienced the first snowfall of the year.

Ocean County was under a winter storm warning until 6 a.m. Sunday. Up to 6 inches of snow was forecast.

As part of the "Snow Day," the theme park was planning to break the world record for the largest snowball fight.

The snowball fight would use "kid-friendly plush snowballs," according to the theme park's website.