LEGEND Dumbass of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I hate spiders and snakes and would certainly not walk over and pick one up. Who would do that? A dumbass.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dad-of-three-picks-up-deaths-head-6092044

Dad-of-three picks up 'death's head' spider - not realising it's Britain's most venomous arachnid

Nickie King, 25, saw the feared eight-legged creature land on his duster while he was at work cleaning an office. He took a picture of the false widow spider and without realising the danger it posed he picked it up
  • PAY-Nickie-King.jpg
  • Toxin: Nickie King and the spider

A dad-of-three had a lucky escape when he picked up Britain's most venomous spider with his bare hands without realising what it was.

Nickie King, 25, saw the feared eight-legged creature land on his duster while he was at work cleaning an office.

He took a picture of the false widow spider and without realising the danger it posed he picked it up and placed it outside on Thursday morning.

But Nickie, from Cambridge, says he "freaked out" when he realised the injuries the false widow can cause to people.

He said: "I was cleaning and this spider dropped on to my feather duster.

"It made me jump. I thought it was just a common spider so I picked it up with my hands and put it outside.

"It didn't bite me or anything. I didn't know what it was so I took a picture of it and put it on Facebook to ask people.

PAY-Nickie-King.jpg

Death's head: The spider he picked up
"Lots of people said it was a false widow and saying I was lucky I didn't get bitten. They were saying I shouldn't have picked it up."

Spider experts say that false widows pose no serious threat to humans.

Chris Ayre, an entomologist at conservative charity Buglife said the spider pictured is a male steatoda nobilis, who was probably out and about looking for females.

Sightings of Steatoda nobilis, the false widow spider, are on the rise.

It is Britain's most venomous spider and bites can cause chest pains, severe swelling and tingling fingers.

They get their name for their resemblance to the deadly black widow spider.

Adult female false widows have bodies about 15 millimetres long, while males are a little smaller.

The false widow spider has markings on its back shaped like a skull.

Nickie said: "When I saw it had the skull on it I thought it was quite scary."

A spokesman for wildlife charity Buglife said the patterns on the backs of false widows vary from spider to spider.
No thank you. I wouldn't pick up any spider in any situation. Not only are they creepy, but some of them can cause serious, serious damage. When I was an elevator mechanic/installer in Florida, the hoistways we used to work in would sometimes house brown recluse spiders. If you haven't seen what one of those can do to you, have a look (at your peril)

https://www.google.com/search?q=bro...Q_AUoAWoVChMIofT5u5L0xgIVQ1k-Ch1pGwm_#imgrc=_

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://dcw50.com/2015/07/23/man-enters-home-hides-under-bed-for-3-days-and-charges-phones/

Man Enters Home, Hides Under Bed for 3 Days And Charges Phones
BY JAMES RBYRNE

Police have released details of a scary burglary that occurred earlier this year in New Jersey.

Jason Hubbard was arrested on May 10th after he broke into a home and hid under a guest bed for THREE days! Spotswood police say Hubbard entered the house while the homeowner was taking out the garbage.

He was charged with criminal trespass, burglary and theft of services, for allegedly charging his four cell phones while under the bed.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/carjacker-picks-wrong-vehicle-786023

Carjacker Tries To Steal Unmarked Cop Car
Knife-wielding suspect was surprised by armed detectives

-A knife-wielding Florida man who attempted a carjacking Thursday night quickly discovered that the vehicle he targeted was an undercover cop car occupied by a pair of armed plainclothes detectives, according to an arrest affidavit.

Dominique Albert, 27, allegedly approached the car on a St. Petersburg street around 9:45 PM and yanked open the passenger door. Albert leaned into the auto while holding a steak knife in his right hand.

While Albert’s would-be victims were initially startled by the interloper, they quickly rallied.

“Police!,” shouted Detective Daniel Torok from the driver’s seat as he drew his handgun and leveled it at Albert, who “turned and fled on foot.”

Torok and his partner then chased after Albert, who dropped his knife during the pursuit. When the cops caught up with Albert, he “fought Police with violence, but was finally taken into custody after a lengthy fight.” Albert, who allegedly continued to struggle after being handcuffed, stopped resisting after a backup officer “deployed his Taser.”

A search of Albert turned up two other “large, fixed blade knives,” police reported.

Charged with carjacking, resisting arrest, and aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer, all felonies, Albert is locked up on $170,000 bond.

At the time of the alleged carjacking, the hapless Albert was free on bond in connection with an arrest last month for shoplifting at a Walmart store.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
This guy sounds like a dumbass.

http://andyjwells.tumblr.com/post/125829077007/groom-sues-new-wife-for-fraud-after-seeing-her

Groom ‘Sues New Wife For Fraud’ After Seeing Her Without Make Up For First Time

(Rex: Pic posed by model)

A man who saw his new wife for the first time without make up is reportedly SUING her for trauma, after being shocked at her appearance.

The unnamed couple had just got married in Algeria and after spending the night together, the husband woke up to find his wife bare faced.

But rather than admire her natural beauty, instead the man REFUSED to believe the woman was his wife, believing her to be a thief.

Finally realising that this was in fact the woman he loved, the man is now allegedly suing her for fraud and “psychological suffering”.

A source told Emirates 247: “He said he was deceived by her as she used to fill up her face with make up before their marriage.

“He said she looked very beautiful and attractive before marriage, but when he woke up in the morning and found that she had washed the make-up off her face, he was frightened as he thought she was a thief.”

The price of the husband’s “suffering” is £13,000.

fearsomefour

Legend
No thank you. I wouldn't pick up any spider in any situation. Not only are they creepy, but some of them can cause serious, serious damage. When I was an elevator mechanic/installer in Florida, the hoistways we used to work in would sometimes house brown recluse spiders. If you haven't seen what one of those can do to you, have a look (at your peril)

https://www.google.com/search?q=brown recluse bite&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=813&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIofT5u5L0xgIVQ1k-Ch1pGwm_#imgrc=_
Why did I look?
Hitting the basement with a bug bomb this weekend.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
So, Florida is where all the ghetto, white trash, and generally crazy people moved to, huh?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
So, Florida is where all the ghetto, white trash, and generally crazy people moved to, huh?
Thats why I moved away after living there most of my life.....or I just got tired of the fucking horrible humidity...or both..

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Who's the dumbass here? The owners of the restaurant that throws food at its customers or the customer who was surprised when he was hit by food even though the restaurant is known for that? Hey @RamFan503 do you allow this in your establishment? :sneaky: No, you have more common sense than that.
http://wnep.com/2015/08/13/man-sues-throwed-rolls-restaurant-after-he-was-hit-injured-by-roll/

Man Sues ‘Throwed Rolls’ Restaurant After He Was Hit, Injured by Roll
BY TRIBUNE MEDIA WIRE

OZARK, Mo. — A well-known Missouri restaurant, known for being the “Home of Throwed Rolls,” may be in some hot water over a guest who claims he received a roll-related injury.

Lambert’s Cafe, which features dinner rolls being thrown across the room by servers to guests, is being sued.

The suit was filed on Tuesday by Troy Tucker. He claims he “sustained a lacerated cornea with a vitreous detachment and all head, neck, eyes and vision were severely damaged” after being hit by a dinner roll during a visit in September of 2014.

Tucker is seeking $25,000 to cover his medical bills and legal fees. The restaurant’s “carelessness and negligence” as the lawsuit alleges has already caused expenses totaling $10,000.

The lawsuit claims that the restaurant should have known about the dangers involved in their signature practice.

Johnny Fugitt, of the River Front Times, points out that Tucker may not have much of a case considering that back in June, Slugger and the Kansas City Royals were deemed to have not been at fault after a thrown hot dog hit a man in the face and tore his retina.

Fugitt said in that case, the “baseball rule” was referenced, and that by voluntarily entering a baseball stadium the victim assumed some responsibility for personal awareness. He points out that “Home of Throwed Rolls” is posted all over, which could mean Lambert’s diners assume they are putting themselves at risk of being hit by a flying roll, upon entering the establishment.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He claims he “sustained a lacerated cornea with a vitreous detachment and all head, neck, eyes and vision were severely damaged” after being hit by a dinner roll during a visit in September of 2014.
Hahahahahahah - What? Mr. Tucker, also known as China Doll..... HTF does a dinner roll do all that even if it hits you square in the eye?

Honestly, as a restaurateur, I really hate some customers. So a restaurant that is likely a landmark as it has been around for 70 years, will probably either lose their insurance or have to stop a tradition that no doubt thousands of others have enjoyed.

I really hope this guy loses his case and then is attacked in the streets by dinner roll wielding thugs. Of course they could hit him with feathers and he'd sustain severe lacerations. Eat a dick Mr Tucker.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Who's the dumbass here? The owners of the restaurant that throws food at its customers or the customer who was surprised when he was hit by food even though the restaurant is known for that? Hey @RamFan503 do you allow this in your establishment? :sneaky: No, you have more common sense than that.

As a Missourian, I want to go to Lambert's someday and have rolls thrown at me. The food is amazing, and people love that tradition. My best friend and her husband went, and they said that it was an amazing experience for them. Fuck you very much, Troy Tucker. You're possibly ruining that tradition and a Missouri staple restaurant, and I despise you for that.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-08-13-21-34-43

MAN IN BEAR COSTUME HARASSES MOTHER BEAR, 2 CUBS IN ALASKA
BY MARK THIESSEN
ASSOCIATED PRESS

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) -- Authorities want to talk to a man who donned a fairly realistic bear costume - head and all - and wore it when harassing a mother bear and two cubs trying to feed on pink salmon in an Alaska river.

The incident happened Monday on the Chilkoot River near Haines, said Alaska Fish and Game Assistant Area Management Biologist Mark Sogge.

The man began to jump up and down, and then got close to the cubs, within five to 10 feet, Sogge said.

The man then drove off without ever removing the costume head and revealing his face.

Wildlife officials reported the incident to troopers, including the license plate number. Troopers are investigating, spokeswoman Megan Peters said. If warranted, the man could face wildlife harassment charges.

"This is not the first time we've encountered a man in a bear suit," Peters said.

The other incident of a man in a bear suit came during the forest fair in Girdwood, just south of Anchorage, a few years back. That man's arrest was captured on film for the now-canceled "Alaska State Troopers" reality TV show.

Haines is about 500 miles east of Anchorage, near the top of Alaska's southeastern panhandle.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/08/13/sewer-treasure-hunt-flatbush/

3 Men Face Charges After Going On ‘Treasure Hunt’ In Sewers Below Flatbush

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Three men face charges after allegedly going on a treasure hunt in the sewers below Flatbush.

The suspects were pulled out empty handed from the sewers after their four-hour adventure at East 35th Street near Avenue H Wednesday night.

“God knows what they were looking for, and damn sure I wouldn’t be crawling through the sewers of New York,” said Police Commissioner Bill Bratton.

Marquis Evans, 21, Damien Nieves, 35, and David Hannibal, 45, face trespassing and reckless endangerment charges. They apparently went into the sewer with metal detectors to help find valuables, officials said.

Evans, a Department of Environmental Protection employee, allegedly gave the other two access to the manhole. Securing the manholes is challenging due to the number of them.

“We’re not going to weld them all shut,” Bratton said. “Any idiot that wants to crawl below the streets unfortunately can do it by prying.”

The police were alerted to the incident by a citizen who saw them pop the manhole open and climb in. Bratton praised the caller for following the “see something, say something” adage.