Draft and Year One Expectations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't want to get into the QB stats since there's already another thread for that, but the overall expectations are what I'd like to discuss. Here's my take on what we're looking at:

1. Goff. QBs historically are just not going to dominate out the gate. But he will have a good team around him and the question is whether he can QB a solid offense. My expectation is yes; he will upgrade our offense overall.

4. Higbee. TEs tend to need about a year to start really showing what they can do in the passing game and he's probably going to need it too. That said this is a guy who if they hit on him it will be a grand slam. His talent really is impressive and he's got the hands a lot of other freak athlete TEs don't have. My expectations on him are that he'll be thrown into a slot rotation with Cooper early on and that he has a very good rookie season with more and more snaps through the season. Rams can maximize his value if they ease up on the blocking stuff and let the guy do what he's good at as a rookie.

4. Cooper. The most "sure thing" of all our picks. My expectation is he is our starting slot receiver, with Tavon taking the outside more permanently. Also good on special teams which cements his roster spot. He'll probably mix in with Higbee and both these guys are going to get a lot of work.

6. Hemingway. Love the name, since he's my favorite writer. But this is Fish and Snead's secret find of a TE that they were going to pick in round 4 to replace Cook, before a better option slid there. He is raw and a big projection, but he does have better hands than Cook did so who knows maybe he'll be viable sooner than expected. Still, my expectation is special teams and bottom of the roster, probably inactive for many weeks as well.

6. Forrest. Like with Hemingway this is another projection pick where the Rams thought they saw something most other teams probably did not. Good thing with this guy is they are much better at finding the raw guys on defense than they are on offense. So it might work out. Either way, this dude has special teams written all over him and my expectation is if he doesn't win a job on teams he will be cut.

6. Thomas. I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm with this guy because his film is ridiculous. They want this guy on the roster behind Britt and pushing him, but the problem is he's going to need to bring it on teams to ensure the roster spot. I do think he's capable of winning a starting wideout position, btw, but that is unlikely. My expectation is he ends up with heavy teams contributions his rookie season much like we saw with Marquez last year, and if not he might not make the cut.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
To me if Goff has growing pains and plays at an average level this year, his average is still much higher than Keenum and the rest's best year.

TE's can take awhile to get up to speed. It's a complex position, having to learn blocking and passing schemes at same time.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I don't want to get into the QB stats since there's already another thread for that, but the overall expectations are what I'd like to discuss. Here's my take on what we're looking at:

1. Goff. QBs historically are just not going to dominate out the gate. But he will have a good team around him and the question is whether he can QB a solid offense. My expectation is yes; he will upgrade our offense overall.

4. Higbee. TEs tend to need about a year to start really showing what they can do in the passing game and he's probably going to need it too. That said this is a guy who if they hit on him it will be a grand slam. His talent really is impressive and he's got the hands a lot of other freak athlete TEs don't have. My expectations on him are that he'll be thrown into a slot rotation with Cooper early on and that he has a very good rookie season with more and more snaps through the season. Rams can maximize his value if they ease up on the blocking stuff and let the guy do what he's good at as a rookie.

4. Cooper. The most "sure thing" of all our picks. My expectation is he is our starting slot receiver, with Tavon taking the outside more permanently. Also good on special teams which cements his roster spot. He'll probably mix in with Higbee and both these guys are going to get a lot of work.

6. Hemingway. Love the name, since he's my favorite writer. But this is Fish and Snead's secret find of a TE that they were going to pick in round 4 to replace Cook, before a better option slid there. He is raw and a big projection, but he does have better hands than Cook did so who knows maybe he'll be viable sooner than expected. Still, my expectation is special teams and bottom of the roster, probably inactive for many weeks as well.

6. Forrest. Like with Hemingway this is another projection pick where the Rams thought they saw something most other teams probably did not. Good thing with this guy is they are much better at finding the raw guys on defense than they are on offense. So it might work out. Either way, this dude has special teams written all over him and my expectation is if he doesn't win a job on teams he will be cut.

6. Thomas. I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm with this guy because his film is ridiculous. They want this guy on the roster behind Britt and pushing him, but the problem is he's going to need to bring it on teams to ensure the roster spot. I do think he's capable of winning a starting wideout position, btw, but that is unlikely. My expectation is he ends up with heavy teams contributions his rookie season much like we saw with Marquez last year, and if not he might not make the cut.

I pretty much agree with all of that.

I'd say with our system which I don't like and our schedule which is a kick in the nuts especially for a rookie QB, I think he'll struggle for more than a few minutes.

I think the potential is there to be much better next year.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
2 UDFA's that have really caught my eye include Marquez North
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/11589/marquez-north
Rams signed Tennessee WR Marquez North.
North (6'3/223) went pro after a disappointing, injury-plagued three-year run at Tennessee, managing a 74-874-5 (11.8 YPR) career receiving line and hardly playing in 2015. He missed time with knee, back and shoulder injuries in college. North rehabbed his stock somewhat at the Combine, blazing 4.48 with a 35-inch vertical and 10-foot-1 broad jump. North just turned 21 and possesses NFL-level size and athleticism, but his track record isn't inspiring. He's still someone to monitor as a height-weight-speed prospect. Apr 30 - 8:30 PM

& Brian Randolph
http://247sports.com/Player/Brian-Randolph-772
http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brian_randolph_761389.html

I think Snisher may really be on to something with these ex-vols...

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My expectation is that Goff will elevate our offense enough to make the playoffs riding our defense and run game. Looking back at last year we had a shot to make the playoffs with just decent play from our qb. I think Goff provides that from year one. Stats...don't really concern me with a Rookie qb

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I had some questions as to the wisdom of taking two TE's! But know I'm cool with it!
I've researched all the Draft picks, and UDFA signing, and I'm VERY Pleased!!
Watching OTA's and Training Camp is going to be a lot of Fun this year!!
BUT, as always, I expect MY RAMS to Win every Game and set all-sorts of League Records!! NOTHING NEW!!:D:D:yess::football::pillowfight::banana::popcorn::snicker::cheers::shades:

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Friday at 6 pm EDT, NFL Network - Path To the Draft will be live at Oxnard as well as other TC's

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Friday at 6 pm EDT, NFL Network - Path To the Draft will be live at Oxnard as well as other TC's
Thanks for the "Heads-Up"on this! I'm going to Try and be their myself!! ANYONE ELSE going to try and get their!!?!:wow::yess::football::mrburnsevil: