Dominique Easley wants his kids to have no part of football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Dominique Easley wants his kids to have no part of football
deasley.jpg

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...y-wants-his-kids-to-have-no-part-of-football/
New Los Angeles Rams defensive lineman Dominique Easley may play football for a living, but he apparently has little interest in getting his kids involved in the game.

The defensive tackle from Staten Island, N.Y., who played college football at the Florida, sat down with The Breakfast Club to talk about the Rams, football in general and much more.

When asked what he thought about the safety of football, Easley told The Breakfast Club the following:

“I’m not putting my kids in football. It’s a different game nowadays, like when we were growing up it was fun. Nowadays it’s just too much of a business. I feel like you stop having fun when you get out of some colleges, but mostly high school. Nowadays they are changing the game and there’s too many rules. My kids are going straight to baseball. If it’s something they want to do, I can’t stop them. I am just going to try to keep the footballs out of the house.”

The interview continued on, and Easley was asked about his football camp and if its contradictory to be against his kids playing football. Easley had this to say:

“That’s my kids though, I’m trying to encourage other kids who like to play football already. My kids don’t know what they want to do yet. I am going to keep it real (at the camp) I am not going to tell them lies.”

It’s an interesting take to hear from Easley, but we’ve obviously heard differing opinions from NFL players when it comes to their kids potentially playing down the road.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I think it was @LACHAMP46 who posted a link of this radio interview in another thread. Sounds like he doesn't like to play football anymore and he might not have the heart to play for Williams. I was hoping he would turn out to be a steal but my expectations are now very low.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
How is this a story? "Football player with injury issues doesn't want kids to play, but only if they want to"

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"It’s a different game nowadays, like when we were growing up it was fun. Nowadays it’s just too much of a business..."

Really? Look at the movie "North Dallas Forty" and tell me that it wasn't ALWAYS a business? As for those seriously wanting to be a Pro Player, and have the talent to do so, you WANT to take all training seriously in High School and College. I am a frustrated wannabe pro athlete.....To hear a whiner like this complain about having to work hard in a business if you want to be the best, makes me want to jack slap him!:gtfo:

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
People taking this too serious. Dude has has his fair share of injuries and has experienced attacks on his character as well. I understand the comments. Warner has said similar things about keeping his kids from the game.

As for a "lack of passion", he's not the first player to admit he's not a rabid fan of the game. Eddie Lacy didn't watch football before playing and still isn't an avid follower.

Not much to take from this. I only care about him going out and playing well. I'm sure GW and Fisher will keep him motivated regardless.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nowadays they are changing the game and there’s too many rules.
Can't blame him here.

I have to agree that I don't like the sentiment coming from a D-lineman on our team but I get it.

And it's a story because it centers around one of our Rams.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
My dad was a scientist, he didn't want me to be a scientist unless I wanted to be one. He was an admired and respected scientist too by the way.

What do you guys think about that.

Cuz it's about the same thing isn't it!!!

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
People taking this too serious. Dude has has his fair share of injuries and has experienced attacks on his character as well. I understand the comments. Warner has said similar things about keeping his kids from the game.

As for a "lack of passion", he's not the first player to admit he's not a rabid fan of the game. Eddie Lacy didn't watch football before playing and still isn't an avid follower.

Not much to take from this. I only care about him going out and playing well. I'm sure GW and Fisher will keep him motivated regardless.
Lack of passion is a problem and if his heart's not in it he will never live up to expectations. Like I said I will keep my expectations low.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Lack of passion is a problem and if his heart's not in it he will never live up to expectations. Like I said I will keep my expectations low.

He has enough passion to play the game and be productive. That's all I care about. If his heart was really out of it, he would walk out of the league. Not like the Rams are paying him money he can't refuse. Dude's getting minimum.

He'll be fine. He'll produce.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Totally rooting for this guy I think the Patriots organization has a little something to do with it. I remember when Welker sounded off and said its the worst environment in all of football

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Easley lacks heart. He might work out for us briefly, i.e. this season, in order to cash in on it, but he's not going to sustain any sort of top play in this league because he lacks the heart. Once he gets paid big, it's game over he's gonna quit and collect his paycheck.