Dominik: Waynes Going Top 10 --Riddick: DGB Only Ran 3 Routes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN

WR Dorial Green-Beckham risk profile not just off field behavior. Basically ran 3 routes at Mizzou, & didn't run one of them (slant) well.

Good luck trying to decide where the risk vs reward balance out. #totalguesswork

=========

Mark Dominik @MarkdominikESPN (Former Tampa Bay GM)

After watching more games on CB-Trae Waynes, those clubs that were hoping to draft him in the teens won't get him, he's going in the top 10

Interesting that Mariota is good enough for teams like Redskins,Eagles,Rams,Jets,Bears to trade up & draft him but not good for the Titans?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope some of our ROD mockers who have mocked DGB to the Rams in round 2 are wrong. I think he has bust written all over him.

Why does this guy say Mariota is not good enough for Tenessee. Last I read, they were taking a long hard look at him.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why does this guy say Mariota is not good enough for Tennessee. Last I read, they were taking a long hard look at him.

He's not saying that. He's thinks he should be good enough for them, just like all the other teams. You hear more about them trading down than actually staying there and taking Mariota. I wouldn't want to be Tennessee. If they pass on Mariota and Mettenberger is a bust....everyone will be fired. I would take Mariota. If both QB's pan out, they'll have one to trade for multiple picks.

thehammer

Rookie
personally don't think Trae Waynes isn't even worth a top 20 pick(actually have him ranked 20th)...on the plus side like him better then Dennard
very, very few college wr's run a full tree..DGB was unstoppable at Mizzou..scary potential if his head is screwed on right

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
personally don't think Trae Waynes isn't even worth a top 20 pick(actually have him ranked 20th)...on the plus side like him better then Dennard
very, very few college wr's run a full tree..DGB was unstoppable at Mizzou..scary potential if his head is screwed on right

There in lies the problem. I don't like the type of troubles he has had. They seem like baggage related things. I don't trust that he can straighten out.

Who knows though. Randy Moss did..........sort of LOL.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I like the Wake Forest kid a lot more than Waynes. He put on great displays vs. actual NFL talent in the past in games against Kelvin Benjamin and Sammy Watkins.

thehammer

Rookie
I like the Wake Forest kid a lot more than Waynes. He put on great displays vs. actual NFL talent in the past in games against Kelvin Benjamin and Sammy Watkins.

Kevin Johnson just looks like a player....almost identical size but better production, vertical and short times then Waynes who has the better 40

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Kevin Johnson just looks like a player....almost identical size but better production, vertical and short times then Waynes who has the better 40
Hammer, How well do you think Jalen Collins stacks up against these two!?

thehammer

Rookie
Hammer, How well do you think Jalen Collins stacks up against these two!?

coaches at LSU said Jaelin Collins was the only cb who could cover Odell Beckham....that sort of says it all

based on talent might of been a top 10 pick if he had had waited a year....only question was why wasn't he playing sooner? Wonderlic? only started 7 games as a junior...

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
On DGB...Been saying for awhile, if Rams were to draft him, he will be best suited for the Danario role until he learns how to run a full route tree. Danario ran two route his first year with us, the go route and the slant route. DGB should be used in a similar way. Very comparable players.

Athos

Legend
DGB was unstoppable at Mizzou..scary potential if his head is screwed on right

Yep. For all that running 3 routes, he was murdering SEC DBs. Oh, but what what Lucas and Washington you say?

It was DGB opening them up. Teams were putting two guys on him quite a bit. I saw 3 late in the season on occasion. He opened things up for the other two. And he, imo, still didn't get enough looks in games. He blitzed AUB and should have had a 300 yard day IMO.

Seriously. Draft DGB and attach Britt to his hip to really teach him how to use his body like he did with Quick.

On DGB...Been saying for awhile, if Rams were to draft him, he will be best suited for the Danario role until he learns how to run a full route tree. Danario ran two route his first year with us, the go route and the slant route. DGB should be used in a similar way. Very comparable players.

DGB is kind of like what a healthy DX could/should have been. Though DGB is definitely more built, though I think DX had more wiggle in his moves.

Who knows though. Randy Moss did..........sort of LOL.

Hell, if he can half ass it like Moss, I still take him. :ROFLMAO:

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Agree, but only if the Rams can get him for a DA kind of price. I think at least one team will take him too early based in his tantalizing potential

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Agree, but only if the Rams can get him for a DA kind of price. I think at least one team will take him too early based in his tantalizing potential

Getting him as a UDFA isn't going to happen. Hes a top 50 pick.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
DGB would be equivalent to picking Pead in the second. I don't want any part of him. Our second round picks have been the biggest problem with this regime. I want technically sound guys there, but it won't happen. That's the round Fisher likes to gamble on the most.

Athos

Legend
DGB would be equivalent to picking Pead in the second. I don't want any part of him. Our second round picks have been the biggest problem with this regime. I want technically sound guys there, but it won't happen. That's the round Fisher likes to gamble on the most.

That's the biggest insult to DGB you can think up.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott

Other than Pead, I'm not sure I see a problem with who they've drafted in the 2nd.