Disappointed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
@ChrisW
I'm not into hating too much of anything...more disturbed. Of course I disagree on whether true justice was done when the prosecutor didn't really want to bring charges, but agreed to preside over this matter. Something I would consider a conflict of interest. I was also surprised at the questioning of any relevant portions of Wilson's statements/story by the prosecutor. Specifically the fear he felt, and his unease in policing the community. He also described the victim appeared as a "demon". The lack of actual bruising when supposedly struck 2 times ( I'd read somewhere he claimed 9 times previously) in the face by a 300 lb man is also troubling. I was a lil familiar with the grand jury process, but to be certain I looked this up.....http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/how-does-a-grand-jury-work.html

I wonder why the Gov. didn't have the National Guard in place to prevent the rioting? Seems strange...seems disturbing....More like, a riot will ....I don't know.....Disturbing....is my initial response to all of this....

I was listening to the police scanners last night. I heard several mentions of National Guard, but never actually saw them. Maybe that was a decision of the TV networks not to show them.

I'm not going to get too deep into the whole situation of the grand jury. I don't know a lot about it, and I guess we'll see if charges are brought up in spite of the grand jury's decision. However, I don't think we've actually seen if the voting was unanimous or not.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I was listening to the police scanners last night. I heard several mentions of National Guard, but never actually saw them. Maybe that was a decision of the TV networks not to show them.

I'm not going to get too deep into the whole situation of the grand jury. I don't know a lot about it, and I guess we'll see if charges are brought up in spite of the grand jury's decision. However, I don't think we've actually seen if the voting was unanimous or not.

In terms of a grand jury, generally speaking when it gets to that point most of the time they choose to indite. However an interesting note, when it comes to officer involved shootings they tend to take the side of the officer and not indite. There's also the possibility that they wouldn't have even gone that far if not for the high publicity of this particular case. From what I know about the case (which I haven't been following at all, so I have no idea how true it is or not) it seems they likely made the correct choice. The rioting likely stems from a few assholes using things as an excuse, and a lot of mob mentality. I can definitely see where people are coming from in terms of double standards and different ways of handling things, how the social classes fall in line, there's an issue there that we do ourselves a disservice by ignoring. It's just a shame that it's being brought about in the totally wrong way, because it puts others on the defensive and then nothing gets done because everyone is in a more hostile state. These (among others) are probably going to be bigger social issues that'll be big driving forces in the next few presidential elections.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Hate to derail the disappointment but how freaking great is Aneas Williams? I'm on my mobile so I can't attach his tweets but it appears he's in Ferguson giving a helping hand. I don't often use the word blessed but the Rams and St. Louis community are blessed to have him.

If you need a cheer up check out his twitter. He's the man.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Hate to derail the disappointment but how freaking great is Aneas Williams? I'm on my mobile so I can't attach his tweets but it appears he's in Ferguson giving a helping hand. I don't often use the word blessed but the Rams and St. Louis community are blessed to have him.

If you need a cheer up check out his twitter. He's the man.

He is a first class human being.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sad.

People act like this kid was shot innocently.

You want to break the law? Act like a punk and disrespect those trying to protect and serve? You're going to find yourself in a risky postion and deservably so.

The police have a hard job. Incredibly hard! And... deal with a lot of unknowns in dangerous situations. I respect these men and women and surprised more accidents or bad situations don't escalate with the degree of knuckleheads they deal with.

Sad Mr. Brown died. But; honestly... He put himself in harms way.

Sad these athletes and looters lump this into real racist issues.

Sad.

Last edited:

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Not sure if this was posted but a very good read by Benjamin Watson of the Saints. Well said man.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/nfl-players-post-on-ferguson-goes-viral

(WXYZ) - A Facebook post from NFL player Benjamin Watson on Michael Brown's death and the events in Ferguson has gone viral.

Watson is a tight end for the New Orleans Saints.

The post has been shared more than 240,000 times.

Read it below:

"At some point while I was playing or preparing to play Monday Night Football, the news broke about the Ferguson Decision. After trying to figure out how I felt, I decided to write it down. Here are my thoughts:

I'M ANGRY because the stories of injustice that have been passed down for generations seem to be continuing before our very eyes.

I'M FRUSTRATED, because pop culture, music and movies glorify these types of police citizen altercations and promote an invincible attitude that continues to get young men killed in real life, away from safety movie sets and music studios.

I'M FEARFUL because in the back of my mind I know that although I'm a law abiding citizen I could still be looked upon as a "threat" to those who don't know me. So I will continue to have to go the extra mile to earn the benefit of the doubt.

I'M EMBARRASSED because the looting, violent protests, and law breaking only confirm, and in the minds of many, validate, the stereotypes and thus the inferior treatment.

I'M SAD, because another young life was lost from his family, the racial divide has widened, a community is in shambles, accusations, insensitivity hurt and hatred are boiling over, and we may never know the truth about what happened that day.

I'M SYMPATHETIC, because I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what happened. Maybe Darren Wilson acted within his rights and duty as an officer of the law and killed Michael Brown in self defense like any of us would in the circumstance. Now he has to fear the backlash against himself and his loved ones when he was only doing his job. What a horrible thing to endure. OR maybe he provoked Michael and ignited the series of events that led to him eventually murdering the young man to prove a point.

I'M OFFENDED, because of the insulting comments I've seen that are not only insensitive but dismissive to the painful experiences of others.

I'M CONFUSED, because I don't know why it's so hard to obey a policeman. You will not win!!! And I don't know why some policeman abuse their power. Power is a responsibility, not a weapon to brandish and lord over the populace.

I'M INTROSPECTIVE, because sometimes I want to take "our" side without looking at the facts in situations like these. Sometimes I feel like it's us against them. Sometimes I'm just as prejudiced as people I point fingers at. And that's not right. How can I look at white skin and make assumptions but not want assumptions made about me? That's not right.

I'M HOPELESS, because I've lived long enough to expect things like this to continue to happen. I'm not surprised and at some point my little children are going to inherit the weight of being a minority and all that it entails.

I'M HOPEFUL, because I know that while we still have race issues in America, we enjoy a much different normal than those of our parents and grandparents. I see it in my personal relationships with teammates, friends and mentors. And it's a beautiful thing.

I'M ENCOURAGED, because ultimately the problem is not a SKIN problem, it is a SIN problem. SIN is the reason we rebel against authority. SIN is the reason we abuse our authority. SIN is the reason we are racist, prejudiced and lie to cover for our own. SIN is the reason we riot, loot and burn. BUT I'M ENCOURAGED because God has provided a solution for sin through the his son Jesus and with it, a transformed heart and mind. One that's capable of looking past the outward and seeing what's truly important in every human being. The cure for the Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Tamir Rice and Eric Garner tragedies is not education or exposure. It's the Gospel. So, finally, I'M ENCOURAGED because the Gospel gives mankind hope."

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Not sure if this was posted but a very good read by Benjamin Watson of the Saints. Well said man.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/nfl-players-post-on-ferguson-goes-viral

(WXYZ) - A Facebook post from NFL player Benjamin Watson on Michael Brown's death and the events in Ferguson has gone viral.

Watson is a tight end for the New Orleans Saints.

The post has been shared more than 240,000 times.

Read it below:

"At some point while I was playing or preparing to play Monday Night Football, the news broke about the Ferguson Decision. After trying to figure out how I felt, I decided to write it down. Here are my thoughts:

I'M ANGRY because the stories of injustice that have been passed down for generations seem to be continuing before our very eyes.

I'M FRUSTRATED, because pop culture, music and movies glorify these types of police citizen altercations and promote an invincible attitude that continues to get young men killed in real life, away from safety movie sets and music studios.

I'M FEARFUL because in the back of my mind I know that although I'm a law abiding citizen I could still be looked upon as a "threat" to those who don't know me. So I will continue to have to go the extra mile to earn the benefit of the doubt.

I'M EMBARRASSED because the looting, violent protests, and law breaking only confirm, and in the minds of many, validate, the stereotypes and thus the inferior treatment.

I'M SAD, because another young life was lost from his family, the racial divide has widened, a community is in shambles, accusations, insensitivity hurt and hatred are boiling over, and we may never know the truth about what happened that day.

I'M SYMPATHETIC, because I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what happened. Maybe Darren Wilson acted within his rights and duty as an officer of the law and killed Michael Brown in self defense like any of us would in the circumstance. Now he has to fear the backlash against himself and his loved ones when he was only doing his job. What a horrible thing to endure. OR maybe he provoked Michael and ignited the series of events that led to him eventually murdering the young man to prove a point.

I'M OFFENDED, because of the insulting comments I've seen that are not only insensitive but dismissive to the painful experiences of others.

I'M CONFUSED, because I don't know why it's so hard to obey a policeman. You will not win!!! And I don't know why some policeman abuse their power. Power is a responsibility, not a weapon to brandish and lord over the populace.

I'M INTROSPECTIVE, because sometimes I want to take "our" side without looking at the facts in situations like these. Sometimes I feel like it's us against them. Sometimes I'm just as prejudiced as people I point fingers at. And that's not right. How can I look at white skin and make assumptions but not want assumptions made about me? That's not right.

I'M HOPELESS, because I've lived long enough to expect things like this to continue to happen. I'm not surprised and at some point my little children are going to inherit the weight of being a minority and all that it entails.

I'M HOPEFUL, because I know that while we still have race issues in America, we enjoy a much different normal than those of our parents and grandparents. I see it in my personal relationships with teammates, friends and mentors. And it's a beautiful thing.

I'M ENCOURAGED, because ultimately the problem is not a SKIN problem, it is a SIN problem. SIN is the reason we rebel against authority. SIN is the reason we abuse our authority. SIN is the reason we are racist, prejudiced and lie to cover for our own. SIN is the reason we riot, loot and burn. BUT I'M ENCOURAGED because God has provided a solution for sin through the his son Jesus and with it, a transformed heart and mind. One that's capable of looking past the outward and seeing what's truly important in every human being. The cure for the Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Tamir Rice and Eric Garner tragedies is not education or exposure. It's the Gospel. So, finally, I'M ENCOURAGED because the Gospel gives mankind hope."
Feels weird liking anything an ex Patriot has to say... that's meant to be blue font.