Dez Bryant released/Signed by Saints

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i'm trying not to throw anyone under the bus or anything, but Linehan is a punk @ss biatch! ~Dez

"I appreciate your restraint...." ~Torry Holt

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i'm trying not to throw anyone under the bus or anything, but Linehan is a punk @ss biatch! ~Dez

Possibly your best work. Bravo man. I literally laughed out loud.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien

I will not not argue with this statement it's a fact.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What? Dez may have declined and is an asshat but he definitely has met his potential and is far better than Smith and Robinson. Bryant has 3 pro bowls, 1 all pro, and is 37th all time in receiving TDs(1 TD behind Holt). Smith and Robinson struggled to make it 4 years in the league.
That is pretty impressive. Point well taken. He got a huge payday, about the same as Julio Jones and Jones has been crazy productive, worth every penny where Dez has been somewhat average for the last 3 years, stat wise.

LuvMeThemRams

Rookie
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...ining-rams-would-be-fun/ar-AAvWTuX?li=BBnb7Kz

If adding Ndamukong Suh, Brandin Cooks, Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib wasn't enough for one offseason, the Los Angeles Rams could add yet another Pro Bowler to the roster prior to the draft. Dez Bryant, following his release from the Dallas Cowboys on Friday, is an unrestricted free agent and can be signed at any time by any team.

After acquiring Brandin Cooks via trade, the Rams look like unlikely candidates to land Bryant. After all, they have the least amount of cap space, are deep at wide receiver and don't exactly need to add yet another strong personality to the locker room.

That didn't stop Bryant from sharing his thoughts on a potential fit with the Rams, however. He told Mike Fisher of 24/7 Sports that he loves the city of Los Angeles and the direction the team is headed.

"The QB (Jared Goff) is going to be special and (Todd Gurley) is a beast," he said. "(Newly acquired Brandin) Cooks is a good deep threat. That'd be fun."

Everything about the Rams right now is "fun." They have one of the best defensive lines in the NFL, a secondary filled with ball hawks and the NFL's top-scoring offense from a year ago - an offense that just added Cooks to the mix.

Bryant would certainly make the Rams even better, giving Goff a dominant force in the red zone, but he's far from a strong fit in L.A. The Rams have too many players to sign - namely Aaron Donald - and wouldn't exactly benefit from adding an outspoken player like Bryant to an offense that isn't predicated on getting one receiver the ball.

Last season, Sammy Watkins saw only 70 targets, which was less than several tight ends and running backs across the league. That's the sort of attention Bryant would see in Los Angeles, potentially even less with Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp and Cooks as the starting wide receivers.

As fun as it is to think about Bryant coming in and wearing a Rams uniform, it's not going to happen. There simply isn't a great enough need at wide receiver to warrant signing the former Cowboy.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Dez Bryant said:
"The QB (Jared Goff) is going to be special and (Todd Gurley) is a beast," he said. "(Newly acquired Brandin) Cooks is a good deep threat. That'd be fun."

Wait, did Dez just say that Jared is going to be special? @LACHAMP46 , are you getting this?

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Holy crap, everyone wants to play for our team. Unbelievable. 14 months ago, nobody did.

BTW, no to Dez.

https://sports.theonion.com/report-dez-bryant-could-be-perfect-fit-for-nfl-team-la-1825243714
giphy.webp

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wait, did Dez just say that Jared is going to be special? @LACHAMP46 , are you getting this?
Yes I did....key words....GOING to BE....not "is" mento....LOL

He said quite a few interesting things....

Actually, I like Dez....and the other WR from OSU that's not in the league....think he could be a solid
SLOT wr....

But we have a bunch of those already...LOL

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...z-bryant-turned-down-ravens-multi-year-offer/

Dez Bryant turned down Ravens multi-year offer
Posted by Darin Gantt on April 25, 2018

gettyimages-877988110-e1520119020239.jpg

Getty Images

Dez Bryant is apparently willing to wait, and he’s willing to turn down a bird in the hand.

According to Dallas-based former ESPN reporter Ed Werder, the former Cowboys wide receiver turned down a multi-year offer from the Ravens.

Bryant apparently prefers to bet on himself with a one-year deal, giving himself a chance at the free agent market the Cowboys prevented him from enjoying this year.

The Ravens moved on, signing Saints restricted free agent Willie Snead to cap their offseason of churning the position. They also brought in free agents Michael Crabtree and John Brown and parted ways with Mike Wallace, Jeremy Maclin, and Michael Campanaro.