Developmental QBs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Who do you guys like as purely developmental quarterbacks in the 2015 draft? I know we would all love to get Winston or Mariota, but there's always some top-caliber talent that you can really benefit from, if you have the luxury of letting them sit and learn for a year or 2 (see Rodgers, Aaron).

Me, I'm a proponent of Dak Prescott. I'd like to grab him, re-sign Bradford to a lower $$ deal, and let Prescott learn on the bench for two years. Keep Davis around as the #2, and Prescott learns how to play in the NFL and in this system specifically.

Hundley is my other choice.

Who do you like, assuming you are on a pure upside play and not forced to start him in 2015?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Aside from a few of the usual suspects, I haven't paid much attention to potential 2015 QBs. I am only posting to see what others have seen. Yeah - I know I can put it on my watch list but this works too.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Since only discussing developmental prospects,these are some I like.

I like Grayson too for a mid rounder.
Prescott is good too.

I like Taylor Kelly a lot. Would love to grab him.

Shane Carden and Bo Wallace are a couple of others.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I like Grayson too for a mid rounder.
Richard_Grayson_BTBATB_002.jpg

I'm on board.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
On a side note my newborn son's name is grayson
a good friend of mine just had a kid and named him that as well. It's an awesome name. Congrats on the new son!!

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Thanks! Hes been a great kid so far, hopefully he will get to watch some more rams wins

Athos

Legend
Bo Wallace.

2012: 7-4 (3-5 SEC)
2013: 8-5 (3-5 SEC)
2014: 8-2 (4-2 SEC)

Improved each year, which has led to better Ole Miss Teams. Gone from 17 INTs in 12', to 10 in 13', to 8 in 14'. And he's done it without a true #1 tailback either.

Hell, he's accounted for 18 of their rushing TDs in 3ish seasons. Prototypical size.

Bryce Petty would be another developmental guy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bo Wallace.

2012: 7-4 (3-5 SEC)
2013: 8-5 (3-5 SEC)
2014: 8-2 (4-2 SEC)

Improved each year, which has led to better Ole Miss Teams. Gone from 17 INTs in 12', to 10 in 13', to 8 in 14'. And he's done it without a true #1 tailback either.

Hell, he's accounted for 18 of their rushing TDs in 3ish seasons. Prototypical size.

Bryce Petty would be another developmental guy.

No way, Bo-se. Bo Wallace lacks football IQ and situational awareness.

For me, it's Mariota, Winston, Hundley, or nobody. Haven't evaluated Prescott yet.

Athos

Legend
Prescott worries me. Nearly as many rushing attempts in his career as passing. Heck, he only has 3 more passing attempts than rushing this year. All the highlights I see are of a one read, then run play. Not sure if that is by intentional design or if he just isn't scanning the field long enough.

Seems like we'd have to transition to a read-option game or offense like the Hags to be successful with that kind of QB. I don't want a guy who isn't good in the pocket drafted early.

Hundley at least throws it quite a bit. Mariota too.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Prescott worries me. Nearly as many rushing attempts in his career as passing. Heck, he only has 3 more passing attempts than rushing this year. All the highlights I see are of a one read, then run play. Not sure if that is by intentional design or if he just isn't scanning the field long enough.

Seems like we'd have to transition to a read-option game or offense like the Hags to be successful with that kind of QB. I don't want a guy who isn't good in the pocket drafted early.

Hundley at least throws it quite a bit. Mariota too.

That's because he was used as a running QB when he was the backup to MSU's old quarterback. You know, like Blake Bell of Oklahoma. Except Prescott can actually throw the ball.

Athos

Legend
Even more reason to shy away from him. Just way too leery about those kinds of QBs. Even his highlights this year, I see a lot of ball tucking and going.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Even more reason to shy away from him. Just way too leery about those kinds of QBs. Even his highlights this year, I see a lot of ball tucking and going.

Highlights are literally the worst way to look at a quarterback. Prescott's game is so much more than running, and the highlights don't show it. When he steps into his throws, he's able to make every throw in the NFL. His intangibles are off-the-charts as well.