Designs for proposed Los Angeles NFL Stadium

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/designs-for-proposed-los-angeles-nfl-stadium-1412626992-slideshow/

Designs for proposed Los Angeles NFL Stadium
As the 20th anniversary of the NFL’s departure from Los Angeles, the NFL seems closer than ever to returning. Per a league source, the current plan is that the NFL will send one or two teams back to Los Angeles within the next 12 to 24 months.
The timeline would include a team announcing its intention to move in the 2015 or 2016 offseason, with arrangements to play at the Rose Bowl or the L.A. Coliseum pending the construction of a new stadium.

Take a look at the AEG project proposal at L.A. Live in downtown. This is one of the possible sites for a venue in L.A. Other options include the land purchased recently by Rams owner Stan Kroenke at Hollywood Park, Chavez Ravine, and a couple of locations that have not yet been publicly disclosed. Ed Roski’s shovel-ready site at City of Industry is not regarded as a viable destination.
— NBC Sports
LA STADIUM.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
Although this isn't about the Rams moving, it could potentially turn into that topic fast, so I'm not sure if this thread will be here very long..... That being said, it seems those designs are old. I like the idea of a downtown stadium (although I shudder at the thought of the traffic, it's already a mess when 19,000 fans go to Staples, what happens when there's 70 or 80,000? Or when there's a football game and a basketball/hockey game and it ends up being 100,000+ fans all leaving at the same time? Yuck... Whatever they do end up going with, they need to fix the public transportation first, make the trains smarter and easier to use.

fearsomefour

Legend
Although this isn't about the Rams moving, it could potentially turn into that topic fast, so I'm not sure if this thread will be here very long..... That being said, it seems those designs are old. I like the idea of a downtown stadium (although I shudder at the thought of the traffic, it's already a mess when 19,000 fans go to Staples, what happens when there's 70 or 80,000? Or when there's a football game and a basketball/hockey game and it ends up being 100,000+ fans all leaving at the same time? Yuck... Whatever they do end up going with, they need to fix the public transportation first, make the trains smarter and easier to use.
Last time I was in LA I was by the Getty Center, by UCLA sort of, on the freeway and was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic....at 2 am....on a Tuesday. I dont think it matters in LA.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think a smarter model is a smaller stadium that is smartly designed. Bring in the sound engineers. Dont build a multi use stadium, although could still do concerts or whatever. Put the stands close to the sidelines and the field. Make a full 55,000-60,000 seater more of a home field advantage than a massive 2/3 full 80,000 seater.
I think this is a smarter way to do it whether that stadium is in LA, St. Louis, Oakland or wherever. Create a really loud, aggressive. smothering atmosphere for visiting teams....and, if the team does well really creates demand for tickets.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
IMO - this thread is really skirting on the ban against threads about the Rams moving. Not sure I see its purpose here and once again we have an "unnamed league source". Does anyone see any new information here?

Status
Not open for further replies.