Demoff hint at new uniforms/ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
St. Louis Rams hint at new uniforms
Team executive alludes that all options are on the table for throwbacks, regulars

By Paul Lukas | ESPN.com

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...s-rams-executive-hints-new-uniforms-the-works

The Rams have used various shades of yellow or gold for most of the franchise's existence, dating back to the team's Cleveland-based days in the late 1930s. But there was a nine-season window during the Rams' stint in Los Angeles, from 1964 through 1972, when the team's color scheme was much simpler: blue and white. And that look may be coming back.

While interacting with fans Wednesday night on Twitter, Rams executive vice president and chief operating officer Kevin Demoff indicated that the blue and white uniform could soon be revived as a throwback:

Kevin Demoff @kdemoff

A ton of votes for blue and white throwbacks. I'm with you on that and we are working on that as an option long-term.

Even more intriguingly, Demoff hinted that royal blue and yellow might be restored as the team's primary colors, replacing the current navy and gold:

Kevin Demoff @kdemoff

“@ashaffe: how about we abandon navy and gold and just use the Blue and Yellow as regulars and Blue and Whites as throwbacks >> could happen

The Rams are known to be considering a uniform overhaul. In August, Demoff said he expected the team to revamp its look "at some time in the next five years." Judging by his tweets Wednesday night, that process is currently in motion.

The Rams' last full-scale uniform redesign was in 2000 -- the season after their victory over the Titans in Super Bowl XXXIV. That redesign established navy and gold as the team's primary colors. The preceding uniform design, featuring royal blue and yellow, has been worn as a throwback since 2009.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I'd like to keep the blue and yellow as throwbacks and go with an updated blue and white combo for our new uni`s.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If we goto blue and white with no gold or yellow, I'll be pissed.
We're not the fucking chargers, we are the RAMS!
Don't ruin the uniforms!

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
I LIKE the color scheme from 2000. The current uniform's gold color is more like a mustard brown than gold. I liked the gold pants better than the new home blue pants, BUT, if the stripe was changed on the pants I could possibly be convinced to like the blues. I think the Ram logo needs to be moved to the hip, and the horns need to be brought back to the jerseys. I really like the away whites with the white pants. Move the logo to the hip, horns back on the jerseys, BOOYAH!

I do not like the canary yellow and royal blue uniforms with the Navy blue and canary yellow helmet. It's a VERY dated look and may as well be harvest gold and avocado. What's funny is that's the uniform I grew up watching the Rams play in. My personalized authentic jersey bought for me by my wife (who I'm completely not worthy of) is that color. I treasure it...still don't want those colors brought back.

Blue and white throwbacks are OK, although they look like Colts uniforms with horns on the helmet instead of a horseshoe.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
If we go back to what are quite possibly the best uniforms in NFL history I think I'd be OK with that.

The Blue and Yellows are the colors of champions.