Deep draft leaves me excited about us getting some starters in rounds 3 to 4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheTackle

Starter
Thanks for the mocks guys, always enjoy reading them

Some also put up a top 100 which I find more helpful in zeroing in our my candidates to improve our team/squad

In my view - taking this top 150 - we need to trade up back into the top 120 players - perhaps trading down in the 3rd if our edge rusher has been taken

Very deep - with Edge and LB looking great - if teams target other positions according to need

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...andts-top-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft-101150

Who are your favourite players?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If NT Tim Settle drops go get him with the #87. other top favorites would be OTCkuk Okorafor & OT Geron Christian as swing OT's & OG's. My top two Edge Rushers are Kemoka Turay & Jeff Holland....with our top 2 selections @ #87 & #111 picks.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Barring injury, I see only 2 possible positions that a draftee in the 3rd or the 4th might possibly be an opening day starter.

That would be Edge or ILB, of course.

Realistically, all other positions will not see new starters from a draft pick.

For this reason, I think that our pick at #87 will verrrrry likely be a LB. Hopefully, one that Wade loves that fell into our lap.

TheTackle

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If NT Tim Settle drops go get him with the #87. other top favorites would be OTCkuk Okorafor & OT Geron Christian as swing OT's & OG's. My top two Edge Rushers are Kemoka Turay & Jeff Holland....with our top 2 selections @ #87 & #111 picks.

Tim Settle is all over the place on draft ranking boards. I saw one, didn't have in the top 150. So it makes you wonder if there is more to this kid. On paper who looks like a great pick... if we come out with him and two impact LBs we would have nailed it IMO

TheTackle

Starter
Barring injury, I see only 2 possible positions that a draftee in the 3rd or the 4th might possibly be an opening day starter.

That would be Edge or ILB, of course.

Realistically, all other positions will not see new starters from a draft pick.

For this reason, I think that our pick at #87 will verrrrry likely be a LB. Hopefully, one that Wade loves that fell into our lap.

This mock is a pretty bad scenario for us, with LBs coming off the board a plenty

There are also some questionable picks, not least ours - which looks like a round too soon for Burkes

But it shows how deep the position is... don't like our pick, think we take the player picked here at 90 by the falcons- even though he doesn't fit their scheme!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...hrager-2018-threeround-nfl-mock-draft-round-3

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Tim Settle is all over the place on draft ranking boards. I saw one, didn't have in the top 150. So it makes you wonder if there is more to this kid. On paper who looks like a great pick... if we come out with him and two impact LBs we would have nailed it IMO
Raw very raw will need a full yr of the NFL to get up to par with starting NT's.

TheTackle

Starter
Raw very raw will need a full yr of the NFL to get up to par with starting NT's.

I would wait and move up into the top of round 4 personally

Prefer some of the LBs earlier, but he is a space eater and they are hard to find

TheTackle

Starter
Take a look at the disparity between reputed sources

Jeff Holland CBS 67 Brandt's 150 - outside
Duke Ejiofor CBS 65 Brandt's 150 - outside
Fred Warner - OLB Brandt's 150 - 65 CBS 90
Josh Sweat - Edge Edge Brandt's 150 - 69 CBS 49
Arden Key - Edge Brandt's 150 - 78 CBS 72
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo - Edge Brandt's 150 - 81 CBS 15
Shaquem Griffin - ILB Brandt's 150 - 92 CBS 153
Darius Leonard - OLB Brandt's 150 - 100 CBS 48
Uchenna Nwosu - Edge Brandt's 150 - 103 CBS 79
Tim Settle - DL Brandt's 150 - 114 CBS 57
Micah Kiser - LB Brandt's 150 - 115 CBS 138
Hercules Mata'afa - DL Edge Brandt's 150 - 119 CBS 183
Skai Moore - LB Brandt's 150 - 130 CBS 76
Oren Burks - LB Brandt's 150 - 131 CBS 97

Nwosu, Griffin, Key & Holland all in play at 87
Kiser, Mata'afa at one of our later picks

My personal favorite at 87 Okoronkwo is ranked 15th by CBS? Either way, like him, trade up!

A draft of Okoronkwo, Settle, Kiser and some solid meat at OL and I would have kittens

TheTackle

Starter
Griffin is a potential star, but in our 3-4? Not sure

I am certain that one or more players will emerge from that list as pro-bowl caliber players - so plenty to be excited about when the draft moves into our range

One possibility no one is talking about is that we trade both Barron (who was outstanding in our 4-3) and Tavon (not for salary cap, but for draft capital) Once WR come of the board, he will start to come into play - remember, he missed camp, so you sell him on his energy, team-guy, special teams-running-WR i.e. he has value and will make plays. Someone might fall in love - because, I still see Sproles potential - even if I hated the trade up and pick at the time... Barron I like, but we have a cheaper alternative already on the roster - better suited to 4-3 hybrid role he made his own

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Griffin is a potential star, but in our 3-4? Not sure

I am certain that one or more players will emerge from that list as pro-bowl caliber players - so plenty to be excited about when the draft moves into our range

One possibility no one is talking about is that we trade both Barron (who was outstanding in our 4-3) and Tavon (not for salary cap, but for draft capital) Once WR come of the board, he will start to come into play - remember, he missed camp, so you sell him on his energy, team-guy, special teams-running-WR i.e. he has value and will make plays. Someone might fall in love - because, I still see Sproles potential - even if I hated the trade up and pick at the time... Barron I like, but we have a cheaper alternative already on the roster - better suited to 4-3 hybrid role he made his own
We stand to see a number of Inside LB'ers get added here with these 8 selections. I do not see a trade involving Mark due to his sizeable cap hit but I sure see, in the near future that he is released before 2019 Free Agency to make room in order to sign one of our 3 UFA OL'ers.

Littleton who will be a RFA is sure to come @ a much lower price & is a perfect reserve for the Mark Barron position.Rams will have 3 of their inside LB'ers involved in FA'cy Ramik Wilson UFA, Bryce Hager UFA & Cory Littleton RFA. This draft has a good amount of talented inside LB'ers all who could help out with this FA'cy issue.

TheTackle

Starter
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...ayers-rookies-final/p6r3hihwky7u1xy16a5ncsyq1

One more list, plenty of talent still in play, if Lorenzo Carter falls - would you take him? Listed as an OLB - but seemed more comfortable rushing passer - my question would be has been adding muscle since the season finished? How badly does he want it? Talent yes, but production is flakey

Some wild misses on this board. Brandt's looking a better indication - as one might expect from a great former GM - he nailed the Davenport pick - which doesn't look like such a reach according to his board - though giving up a 1st was bizarre...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...ayers-rookies-final/p6r3hihwky7u1xy16a5ncsyq1

One more list, plenty of talent still in play, if Lorenzo Carter falls - would you take him? Listed as an OLB - but seemed more comfortable rushing passer - my question would be has been adding muscle since the season finished? How badly does he want it? Talent yes, but production is flakey

Some wild misses on this board. Brandt's looking a better indication - as one might expect from a great former GM - he nailed the Davenport pick - which doesn't look like such a reach according to his board - though giving up a 1st was bizarre...

Some of the pluses I see in Carter is he played in the SEC & played in real big games faced outstanding players during his time @ UGA. I see Carter best suited for the 34 D weak side Edge Rusher post. Carter would be a good replacement for Rob Quinn IMO.

TheTackle

Starter
Some of the pluses I see in Carter is he played in the SEC & played in real big games faced outstanding players during his time @ UGA. I see Carter best suited for the 34 D weak side Edge Rusher post. Carter would be a good replacement for Rob Quinn IMO.

This draft is stacked... there will be some very good players taken rounds 3 and 4

TheTackle

Starter
Kittens you say?

Nice work!

Hard not to like what we did, especially when you factor in the pre-draft trades! Outside of all the hype on 1st round draft picks, we just picked up two all-pro players and one pro-bowl player at WR & CB + 2nd best DT in all football in FA... I am not sure I have ever seen a better off-season as a Rams fan. Plus, personally, I am glad that Tavon is gone, he summed up everything wrong with the Fisher era - shouldn't have traded up, shouldn't have extended him to a huge deal, should have held him more accountable

I was disappointed we didn't take Settle and didn't like the Allen pick (at that spot). But, it is not like Settle wasn't on their radar and they passed up drafting him on multiple occasions. I will wait and see - Allen is definitely one to watch, because the consensus he is a technician, who would have gone a lot earlier if he was 2 inches taller and ran faster (not exactly key attributes for a center) - once he adds weight and muscle, he might flash early, so I will look forward to hearing and seeing what we have