Dak Prescott shines again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
WEAKNESSES
Beat up this year thanks to poor protection. When he wasn't being sacked, he was being hit hard. Not as competitive a rusher in 2015. Sacks and usage in run game might be taking a toll. Increase in short pass attempts from 86 to 208 this year reason for higher completion numbers. Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply. Pocket poise has been compromised.
Thanks for this....I think getting hit helps some of the QB's...sorta like Goff...His sense of timing...is pro-like already.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If the Rams had stayed put I was hoping they might take a chance on him. I thought he progressed well each year in college and he has the bonus of being a strong guy who can run a little bit too.

He was doing anything but check downs last night and looked very comfortable in the pocket. Great range of throws and put the ball on the hands for his WRs. The running TD he had last night showed poise as well as a good fake on his way to the end zone. Hard not to like what he did last night.

I'd be ecstatic if Goff put up a performance like that. Show me, Jared.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
If the Rams had stayed put I was hoping they might take a chance on him. I thought he progressed well each year in college and he has the bonus of being a strong guy who can run a little bit too.

He was doing anything but check downs last night and looked very comfortable in the pocket. Great range of throws and put the ball on the hands for his WRs. The running TD he had last night showed poise as well as a good fake on his way to the end zone. Hard not to like what he did last night.

If Jared gets decent pass protection tonight, he will show you blackbart... Free Jared & let him loose tonight Boras!!! Hoping for some Roll Outs and Boot Legs to keep the Chiefs Defense honest..

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If Jared gets decent pass protection tonight, he will show you blackbart... Free Jared & let him loose tonight Boras!!! Hoping for some Roll Outs and Boot Legs to keep the Chiefs Defense honest..
That would be awesome, I'll be watching

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are always franchise QB's that slip through the cracks come draft time, just as there are BUSTS drafted high in the first round at times.....Prescott does benefit from having the best Oline in football, and..it's preseason so he is not seeing anything exotic from opposing defenses. The unspoken fear in this thread is "did we waste all of those draft picks moving up for an inferior QB, when we could have has Prescott?" All of the hype and gushing from talking heads on ESPN about Dack Prescott right now, stokes those fears, because they often offer contrast with a "not ready" Jared Goff. It will not get better, rhetoric wise, because Goff will only be seen for a few series, which he may or may not score..

I still think Goff will progress to be a franchise QB, but that won't happen until he is thrown into the fire full time, imo.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Curious to see how he does Game 3 and the regular season. Even if he doesn't replicate his current production, playing well in his first two games (granted they're preseason) will be a good confidence booster on his part.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Not trying to take anything away from him, but lets call it like it is. I have not seen every throw but most have been check down trows or he has all the time to throw or he is throwing to one of the best WR playing right now. He may end up being the best thing since sliced bread, but all this hype on 2 PS games and one had for sure no game planning.

@cvramsfan you are wrong. In actuality very few check downs. Plus he is making big boy throws (throwing WR open at all levels of the field.

No your right he should get all the credit for doing good and I am not saying he shouldn't. He is a great story and seems to someone that is great to root for. Hope is all the success he can achieve, except when playing the RAMS. I am just saying its 2 PS games, good or bad it is PS game one and two.

I agree PS is different from regular season... but he has nailed it in terms of the PS football... calm in pocket, decisive, score the ball and make the plays that are available to you.​

Amend @blackbart

If Goff had put of those numbers, Ram's fans would be going crazy and predicting SB this year.​

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's easy at this point Prescott is light years ahead of Goff.
Lets take another recent QB who blew peoples minds his first two starts his rookie year.

26-33 199 yards 2 td 1 rushing td 1 fumble 0 ints.

Any guess who that rookie sensation was that took the nation by storm?

You guessed it EJ Manuel. Sorry If I don't join this club and endorse Dak as the next HoF QB.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Lets take another recent QB who blew peoples minds his first two starts his rookie year.

26-33 199 yards 2 td 1 rushing td 1 fumble 0 ints.

Any guess who that rookie sensation was that took the nation by storm?

You guessed it EJ Manuel. Sorry If I don't join this club and endorse Dak as the next HoF QB.
No one is saying he is HOF or even a starter in the league, just that he has had a great start. And in fact is the best looking of the rookie QBs in this class at this point.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i haven't seen his 2nd game. did the d put any pressure on him or did they just stand back like the rams d did? even tom brady can look good when he can just stand there for 5 seconds and decide which receiver is open.

goff seems to get the kitchen sink thrown at him every time he steps out there. this may be not be truw but that's the perception i get.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No one is saying he is HOF or even a starter in the league, just that he has had a great start. And in fact is the best looking of the rookie QBs in this class at this point.
Great and that means exactly what for his future or for next weekend or for Goff? Keep in mind Dak is getting almost all of the 1st team reps according to the Cowboys because they're handling Romo with kid gloves. If he didn't look ahead of Goff, who gets very little time with the 1's, then there'd be a major problem. Root for Dak if you want, criticize the FO as many in here are if you want, but if you think in the long run Dak will be better than Goff you're likely going to be disappointed.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i haven't seen his 2nd game. did the d put any pressure on him or did they just stand back like the rams d did? even tom brady can look good when he can just stand there for 5 seconds and decide which receiver is open.

goff seems to get the kitchen sink thrown at him every time he steps out there. this may be not be truw but that's the perception i get.

No sacks and almost no pressure at all. I watched the game the Miami defense looked horrible out of place, bad coverage and no pressure.

KDS73

Rookie
Sounds like Paxton Lynch is playing his way into the starting job. Just seemed like a good thread to throw that out there.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like Paxton Lynch is playing his way into the starting job. Just seemed like a good thread to throw that out there.
I really was liking Lynch when we were sitting at 15 and would have been content to stay there and take him. I think Goff will be much better but Lynch could end up the 2nd best QB of this class.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's natural to look at these guys as they start their careers and think after two preseason games that you know which ones are gonna work out best. But we need to remember that these guys are going to need a season to settle in once the real defenses start to show up with their varied looks and blitzes and all that BS. Nobody knows yet how this thing's gonna shake out because QBs take years to achieve whatever their ceiling is.

And that's the reason we moved up for Goff: his ceiling. We don't know if he's gonna reach it. But why ruin your own enjoyment of watching our new franchise QB's climb to a starting role by hand wringing over whether they made a mistake? Get behind the kid and quit worrying about how the other guys look. This is not a sprint, it's an effin marathon.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Great and that means exactly what for his future or for next weekend or for Goff? Keep in mind Dak is getting almost all of the 1st team reps according to the Cowboys because they're handling Romo with kid gloves. If he didn't look ahead of Goff, who gets very little time with the 1's, then there'd be a major problem. Root for Dak if you want, criticize the FO as many in here are if you want, but if you think in the long run Dak will be better than Goff you're likely going to be disappointed.
I never criticized the front office or said anything about the future. I applauded Prescott and said he looks light years ahead of Goff at this point. If you don't agree that is your right but there really isn't any argument that could be made otherwise. Prescott looks more comfortable, his throws are better, he is reading the defense better and his production is better.

I don't want it to be that way but it is. And, if the Rams want to win football games at the start of this season Keenum will be the starter not Goff.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I just watched all of Prescotts throws from this preseason. He is very good behind the line. Buys time and runs when he needs to like R. Wilson. One thing I noticed is his wr's dont drop balls. Every throw he threw true was caught. Something Goff doesnt have. Dak has a good future in front of him.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
I liked him coming out and thought he would be a nice fit if Snisher decided to use the picks in another manner. 2016 will be remembered as the "Big Splash" year as the Rams re-enter LA. Trading up for the top prospect, Hard Knocks...bothe the Eagles and Rams bet big against Prescott.