Dak Prescott shines again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's dangerous to read too much into a preseason game ... but it's also hard not to get excited about Dak Prescott.

As recently as May, Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones was lamenting the fact that he didn't overpay to trade up for Paxton Lynch, who was a late first-round pick of the Broncos. Instead, Dallas "settled" for Dak Prescott in Round 4, which only led to more questions about the backup quarterback situation behind 36-year-old Tony Romo. That invariably meant questions about whether Jones was going to sign Johnny Manziel.

But after two truly impressive preseason performances, Prescott seems to have assuaged any concerns about the job behind Romo. Last year served as a sobering reminder about what can happen when you lose your franchise quarterback; neither Brandon Weeden nor Matt Cassel were the answer, and Jones obviously didn't think Prescott was when the Cowboys drafted him.

But that's all changed.

Against the Rams last week, Prescott started his first-ever professional game and finished 10 of 12 with 139 yards and two touchdowns. Against the Dolphins on Friday night, he was even better.

Prescott relieved Romo after the second series. When it was over, the rookie was 12 of 15 for 199 yards with two more touchdown passes along with two rushing touchdowns.

For clips and videos;

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...tannehill-improves-5-nfl-preseason-takeaways/

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Damn. Hats off to him. Turning a lot of heads this preseason.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Other than the fact it's Dallas, I'm rooting for him. But... It's early... And preseason. We've seen many PS stars over the years fail to translate to the real games.

That said... It's more promising to shine, than not.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
AND.................................the fact he's looking like a sleeper QB who is actually pretty damn good makes me feel better about our secondary getting shredded by him. He might be able to shred anyone, we were first to get hit by the buzz saw.

Ram65

Legend
He did have lots of time to throw in both games. Vanilla defenses too.

He shows a strong arm, quick and fast legs. In the end he is a freakin' Cowboy, so freak him.

Athos

Legend
Well, I remember a time under Spags the Rams looked like world beaters in the preseason.

Didn't that end with a 2-14 record?

Let's see when teams start hiding coverages and disguising blitzes and playing their full D compliments.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If the often injured Romo goes down again this year he could find himself out of a Job at this rate!!:rolllaugh::D

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
:yay:Dak Prescott!!:help::rimshot:Dak Prescott!!:yess::mrburnsevil:Dak Prescott!!:pillowfight::wow:

Me? Dak Prescott :puke:

Wait a few games, He'll step on his dyck, all rookies do sooner or later.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Like most others Prescott was my fourth choice behind the big three. His passing game improved each year, instead of leveling off and his last season was his best. Maybe he ends up being one of those high ceiling guys that actually reaches his potential.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Other than the fact it's Dallas, I'm rooting for him. But... It's early... And preseason. We've seen many PS stars over the years fail to translate to the real games.

That said... It's more promising to shine, than not.

It's better not to suck against vanilla/no scheme defenses, so good on him for that. Still, he he didn't see the scheming devil that Gregg Williams is on a regular season game day, nor a healthy Robert Quinn/Aaron Donald pass rush in all of its glory, as of yet......(Ram's case)

…..

Legend
I like the way he stands up in the pocket. He's not looking very rookie-like. Fairly poised.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not trying to take anything away from him, but lets call it like it is. I have not seen every throw but most have been check down trows or he has all the time to throw or he is throwing to one of the best WR playing right now. He may end up being the best thing since sliced bread, but all this hype on 2 PS games and one had for sure no game planning.

As I said not to take away anything from him as he does look very poised and the game does not look to big for him, just need to slow the roll. COME ON MAN its 2 PS games!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Not trying to take anything away from him, but lets call it like it is. I have not seen every throw but most have been check down trows or he has all the time to throw or he is throwing to one of the best WR playing right now. He may end up being the best thing since sliced bread, but all this hype on 2 PS games and one had for sure no game planning.

As I said not to take away anything from him as he does look very poised and the game does not look to big for him, just need to slow the roll. COME ON MAN its 2 PS games!

He had a really good deep pass yesterday.
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000687916/Dak-Prescott-connects-with-Brice-Butler-for-a-58-yard-gain

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
image.jpg

…..

Legend

No one hyping him up.....just noticing.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

Man...this dude is throwing everything at these defenses....1st team defenses...2nd team defenses...Starting wide receivers...Backup wide receivers...Fades, stops, ins, outs, bombs, checkdowns....C'mon man...gotta give credit where/when it's due....In fact, I'm calling he replaces Tony Romo in a few weeks as a starter...His ball looks way better...touch & accuracy...
If he sucked it would matter...since he's shining, it doesn't???

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man...this dude is throwing everything at these defenses....1st team defenses...2nd team defenses...Starting wide receivers...Backup wide receivers...Fades, stops, ins, outs, bombs, checkdowns....C'mon man...gotta give credit where/when it's due....In fact, I'm calling he replaces Tony Romo in a few weeks as a starter...His ball looks way better...touch & accuracy...
If he sucked it would matter...since he's shining, it doesn't???
No your right he should get all the credit for doing good and I am not saying he shouldn't. He is a great story and seems to someone that is great to root for. Hope is all the success he can achieve, except when playing the RAMS. I am just saying its 2 PS games, good or bad it is PS game one and two.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
He's the best rookie QB in the preseason after 2 games thus far hands down & no arguments from me...... The thing for Dak is he's not going to play much if at all in his rookie season in the regular season unless Romo gets bit again. To date his throws and read/react anticipation have all the signs of a future starting QB.

He could very well be one of those rare types that has a great pro career after not getting the accolades from his college career. I'm rooting for the guy because I want the NFL to have as many quality QB's as possible. It just makes the game more enjoyable to watch imo..

For selfish reasons I would rather the new up and coming QB's be in the AFC but hey if our QB can't match their QB in performance then we need to beat them down with our Defense and SP Teams. no hating here

32 NFL Teams and how many of them have solid starting playoff caliber QB's under the age of 30?

Prescott was no slouch at Mississippi State

QB Dak Prescott 6'2 226 lbs (Turns 24 on 07/29/2017)
CjZchl-UgAAfcoJ.jpg

Miss State: Attempts.. 734/1169.. 62.8 %.. 9,376 Yards.. 70 TD's.. 23 INT's

STRENGTHS

Thick, muscular frame. Has proven over last three seasons that he can withstand a pounding. Has enough natural arm strength and hip snap to fit throws into an NFL window. Stands tall and delivers a tight spiral with over-the-top delivery. Very little windup and gets ball out with the flick of a wrist. When pocket is clean, can deliver accurate strikes around the field. Played with improved vision and care for football this season and eliminated many of the ill-fated throws that turned into interceptions in 2014.

Still a work in progress, but continues to show a level of growth as a passer. Threat with his legs, scoring 37 rushing touchdowns over last three seasons and had 94 rushes of ten yards or more during that time. Can be used as goal-line rushing option. Willing to extend plays outside of pocket with legs but look to finish the play with his arm. Mentally tough enough to carry a heavy offensive burden for the Bulldogs over last three years. When protected better in 2014, showed an ability to challenge deep and strike with accuracy and touch.

WEAKNESSES

Beat up this year thanks to poor protection. When he wasn't being sacked, he was being hit hard. Not as competitive a rusher in 2015. Sacks and usage in run game might be taking a toll. Increase in short pass attempts from 86 to 208 this year reason for higher completion numbers. Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply. Pocket poise has been compromised.

prescottbidingtime.gif

Last edited: