Cutting Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Based on what?
You really wanna open that with him?

pandoras-box.jpg

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The problem is I do not see one team in the NFL that would give him more than a make good contract or as a backup qb. He has too many injuries and lost games for any team to give him much. I dont think he has as much leverage as people think. He is brittle and other teams know it.
so, you are one of those guys who thinks a QB has a W-L record?

scifiman

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You started this thread saying it makes sense to cut him and re-sign him to an "incentive-laden" contract, and you ended it by saying it's time to move on, he's a bust (not worth signing again). That's fence-sitting. You either think he should come back (in some capacity) or never come back.
Of course I did not make myself clear and is my fault and apologize profusely. My intent in my post was IF the rams were to want him back that was the best course. I myself do not want him back and think it foolish to go forward with him other than a backup at best as he can not be counted on to stay healthy. The position is too important for the team to have someone so injury prone.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The position is too important for the team to have someone so injury prone.
On that we agree. I don't subscribe to your other criticisms of Bradford, but it is what it is.

scifiman

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lost games due to injuries not actual games he won or lost on the field.
And some qb's do elevate their teammates to a higher degree of success like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or even Russel Wilson. So w/l records do kind of count when you also look at their qb rating etc stats.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
And some qb's do elevate their teammates to a higher degree of success like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or even Russel Wilson. So w/l records do kind of count when you also look at their qb rating etc stats.
so now we are gonna go there? no thanks!!!!!

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
The problem is I do not see one team in the NFL that would give him more than a make good contract or as a backup qb. He has too many injuries and lost games for any team to give him much. I dont think he has as much leverage as people think. He is brittle and other teams know it.

Agreed.

No matter what happens I think sam will still be a ram next season. I was under the impression that a player doesn't lose a starting spot because of injury according to fisher. But who really knows what will happen. I like Sam, I'm rooting for him to come back and be our franchise guy and I'm sure fisher feels the same.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Here's the thing @scifiman, members here can and do start any type of threads they want(except on politics and religion of course). Heck, I've vigorously defended Tim Tebow threads and other such thread topics that are way out there in order protect the OP's right to do that. There is however such a thing as good and bad timing.

Sam Bradford's knee is still probably throbbing as he gets ready for his next surgery, and here we are discussing whether he should be cut from the team or not. That's a bit coldblooded, imo. As others here have mentioned, there's absolutely nothing that can be done about this man's contract situation until the offseason. That would be the best time to have this discussion. This thread will not be locked, at least not by yours truly, just something to consider. Carry on.......

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
As stated by other posters Sams agent isn't about giving anything away. On the flip side it's a buisness for the Rams as well. Sams pure class but it's a fact he got hurt-a lot. Don't you think they will wait and see how shaun hill plays before they lay out their strategy for 2015 and beyond?

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Worst case we need two qb next year. We already crossed that draft em than startem bridge. Pretty sure we won't go there again. So if Hill doesn't play up to expectations and they cut ties with Sam-Yiiiiiiikes! I'm depressing myself.

Philly5

Rookie
Too many variables to know what will happen. Does Bradford want to play? Can he play in 2015? How does the recovery go? What is the reinjury risk? What other options are on our roster, in the draft, or in FA? Will Bradford play for less money? Etc...

See where it lands in six months.

AZRamsFan93

As others here have mentioned, there's absolutely nothing that can be done about this man's contract situation until the offseason.
That is actually not true. The Rams and Bradford could part ways with an injury settlement that is up to the entirety of his 2014 salary, but could be less. He is owed nothing for next year but the Rams will incur a $3.595M cap hit of dead money from his signing bonus.

The Rams could choose to move on now but I don't think they want to.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
That is actually not true. The Rams and Bradford could part ways with an injury settlement that is up to the entirety of his 2014 salary, but could be less. He is owed nothing for next year but the Rams will incur a $3.595M cap hit of dead money from his signing bonus.

The Rams could choose to move on now but I don't think they want to.

Fair enough. Can we agree that cutting ties now would not be advantageous to either side and that it would be better to wait until the offseason?