Create Your OWN Forum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

Have you ever wanted to start your own forum but were turned off by the idea that it would be too much work? Cost too much? Be overly complicated to setup?

Today your wishes become a reality.

With a few mouse clicks, every one of you can have your OWN forum that YOU moderate and YOU decide who you members are.

You will notice on the homepage there is a new category called "user created forums"

screenshot_424.png

Simply click the link and you will be taken to a list of created forums.

screenshot_425.png

To CREATE your forum, simply click on the "create new social forum" button.

screenshot_426.png

Fill out the name of your forum and give a brief description. You then have the option of clicking the "moderate" box to manually approve new members to your group. Then click "create social forum"

screenshot_427.png

That is is. Your forum is now created and uses ALL of the same functionality of the current board.

To change the "avatar" of your newly developed forum click "edit avatar" **this is only available to the creator of the forum**

screenshot_428.png

I hope you guys enjoy using this and it allows you to find others who share similar interests.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't know if I'll use it (time, you know) but this is great. Thank you for putting in the work for us. (y)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Have you ever wanted to start your own forum but were turned off by the idea that it would be too much work? Cost too much? Be overly complicated to setup?

Today your wishes become a reality.

With a few mouse clicks, every one of you can have your OWN forum that YOU moderate and YOU decide who you members are.

You will notice on the homepage there is a new category called "user created forums"

screenshot_424.png

Simply click the link and you will be taken to a list of created forums.

screenshot_425.png

To CREATE your forum, simply click on the "create new social forum" button.

screenshot_426.png

Fill out the name of your forum and give a brief description. You then have the option of clicking the "moderate" box to manually approve new members to your group. Then click "create social forum"

screenshot_427.png

That is is. Your forum is now created and uses ALL of the same functionality of the current board.

To change the "avatar" of your newly developed forum click "edit avatar" **this is only available to the creator of the forum**

screenshot_428.png

I hope you guys enjoy using this and it allows you to find others who share similar interests.
HEEELARIOS. Kudos.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just want to see what interests others have outside of football.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I just want to see what interests others have outside of football.
I have some, but Rams are my number one, and I know that I could NEVER be able to do what you guys did, and I have an idea, of how much work it is. I hope others realize it too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So theyz can haz politix?

That sounds like a good solution to a common complaint. So, to clarify, nobody can enter a user-owned forum unless they were invited, correct? Despite being able to see the kinds of forums that have been created?

PhxRam

I have some, but Rams are my number one, and I know that I could NEVER be able to do what you guys did, and I have an idea, of how much work it is. I hope others realize it too.

This hopefully takes the vast majority of the leg work out of creating a forum and potentially jump starts someone who has other interests that they wish to share.

ON A SIDE NOTE.

Those of you who wish to partake in controversial topics that have been forbidden from the board, here is your venue. (heavy politics and religion are still forbidden)

You want to start a board talking about rams to LA? Here is your soapbox. I provided you an area to discuss the topics that interest you and I expect them to REMAIN there. Those of you who get offended by such topics, it was YOUR choice to join that particular group. If you elect to join such group and get offended, you really only have yourself to blame.

PhxRam

So theyz can haz politix?

That sounds like a good solution to a common complaint. So, to clarify, nobody can enter a user-owned forum unless they were invited, correct? Despite being able to see the kinds of forums that have been created?

The creator of the group can elect to moderate ALL new members wishing to join. Creators can also add moderators to their group as they see fit.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The creator of the group can elect to moderate ALL new members wishing to join. Creators can also add moderators to their group as they see fit.
Moderate in what capacity? Editing posts, banning members (from that forum only), etc?

PhxRam

Moderate in what capacity? Editing posts, banning members (from that forum only), etc?

Every moderator privilege that our board moderators have on this board, they would have on THAT board

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
This looks really interesting. I have plans for my own forum...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Every moderator privilege that our board moderators have on this board, they would have on THAT board
Gotcha. I noticed a header on one of your test boards. Is that a feature the forum owner will be able to implement themselves, or is that something you would have to provide for them?

PhxRam

Gotcha. I noticed a header on one of your test boards. Is that a feature the forum owner will be able to implement themselves, or is that something you would have to provide for them?

The header was just a image in replace of a description

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The header was just a image in replace of a description
K. I'd also like to know how much wood a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
And don't go to PFF for your answer either. I want empirical data.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
K. I'd also like to know how much wood a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
3 1/2 cords per shift.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The official writing forum of the board has been created. Anyone who wishes to join can certainly ask permission.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You should sticky this so the second shift of posters don't lose sight of it.

PhxRam

According to a Wall Street Journal article, New York State wildlife expert Richard Thomas found that a woodchuck could chuck around 35 cubic feet of dirt in the course of digging a burrow. Thomas reasoned that if a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would chuck an amount equal to 700 pounds