Count Down - Jersey #6

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is another short list of Players, I could find only two!!
Starting with Punter John Misko: (1982-84)

Misko1.jpg

He had 201 Punts for 8128 Yds. w/a long of 67 Yds. he had two blocked and had an aver. of 40.4

Now compare that to my last man. Punter Johnny Hekker: (2012-present)

Hekker2.jpg

He's kicked 240 punt's for 11,086 Yds. a long of 68 Yds. and had 2 Blocked. for an average of 46.2!

Hekker1.jpg
And his passing hasn't been anything to shake a stick at either!
He's completed 5 of 6 for 79 Yds. Zero Ints. w/a long of 21 Yds. a comp. rate of 83.3% and a QB rating of "158.3"!!
Hekker4.jpg

In 2013 he made the Pro Bowl and was voted an All Pro!
Hekker10.jpg
He's a Player the opponents have to worry about and wonder, ' Is he going to really kick it or will he pass!!!?!

Hekker9.jpg
This^ says volumes!

Johnny-Hekker.jpg
He's one of my favorite Rams on the current squad.

Hekker5.jpg

I wish I had the Video of what he's doing here to share with you but I don't! Anyone have it!? It was quite a show!!

Hekker8.jpg

I would like to see him as our 'Side-Line commentator after he retires! HE'S VERY POPULAR WITH THE FAN'S!

codemonkey.jpg

This^ is for @CodeMonkey & @-X-! " Hekker is obviously going into competition with you gentlemen designing Avatar's!!:LOL::D

That's all I have for today. Anyone have anything to add? gif's, memories? comments?

GO RAMS!!
addon.jpg

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hecker! Heck of a good player not just a punter!

ramsfake.gif

rampunt.0.gif

trickymustachecoach.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Like like like like like like like like like!!!!! x 1000

I don't think the Rams have ever had such a dual-threat ST weapon as Hekker, aside from the returner burners we've had.
I don't know if this counts, But Bothe Bob Waterfield & Norm Van Brocklin Alternated at K/P/QB, and did real well at All three positions!

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had a feelin' you'd be the one to come up with this first!!:D

I love my job :love:….I mean my actual Job ;)…the one I’m at right now :D…sitting in my office goofing off :sleep:…only because I’m proficient at what I do…:rolleyes::LOL:

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
codemonkey-jpg.9970

This^ is for @CodeMonkey & @-X-! " Hekker is obviously going into competition with you gentlemen designing Avatar's!!:LOL::D
They had a fan play pictionary last night with Hekker as the artist. The fan guessed the picture/answer was "sharknado". Sorry but I don't have an image of it but it was pretty good. Hekker is a nut and a pretty decent artist too.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As I turn out there are only 3 Players that have ever warn the #6 Jersey to date. So here's the 3rd man:
* K Carlo Huerta - 1996
Carloshuerta1x.jpg

I could only find photos of him from when he was at the "U" ( Univ.of Miami)
Huerta2x.jpg

In his 1 Season with the Rams he played in 1 game and had 2 XPA's and 2 XPM's. then he was Traded to the Bears. I couldn't find what we got for him.

NEXT! A Up-Date:
* Punter - Johnny Hekker - 2012 Present ( He's going into his 5th Season with the Rams!!
johnny-hekker12a.jpg

He's now totaled 336 Punts for 15687 Yds. w/ a long of 68 Yds. had 2 Blocked/ and his Average is 46.7
johnnyhekker14a.jpg
Passing he's 6 of 10/ 60%/ for 99 Yds. and 1 TD w/ a long of 21 Yds./ a 9.9 Aver. w/ a QBR of 126.7 / Defensively he's had 2 FR's and 1 Tackle.

snead-rams-kickers.jpg

He's now been to 2 Pro Bowls and been Named All-Pro twice!! AGreat Choice by Snead and Company!!
GO RAMS!!
addon.jpg

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
In a game of field position. What Hekker brings to our team can't be understated.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
In a game of field position. What Hekker brings to our team can't be understated.
My guess is he'll get another Pro Bowl appearance after this year and another All-Pro spot! He's definitely on his way to becoming the Best Punter the Rams has ever had!!(y):D

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Some more great contributions from @T-REX on today’s thread.

Only 3 to ever wear the number 6 for the Rams. Is it possible we will retire the #6 some day?

GOAT I do not believe to be an exaggeration.

Johnny Hekker

FC1C7113-0266-4A30-B476-D869ED32370E.jpeg