Cooking with wine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OK Juggs - You inspired me.

Tonight I made a Cannelloni of sorts only way different. For the pasta, I pounded chicken breast extremely thin. Then I took some Andouille sausage I made from venison and elk and formed it into sausages and cooked it in some Pinot Grigio. I then wrapped the sausages, a few cilantro leaves, and some orange flesh with the chicken and lightly salted it with Kosher salt and pepper. I seared those "cannellonis" in EVOO and then set them aside. I took the sausage renderings and added a bit more wine and the orange peels and left over orange parts and made a reduction. I then cut the "cannelonis" and drizzled the reduction over them. For an accompaniment, I just drizzled some EVOO on zucchini and sprinkled some of our Chipotle Rub on them and grilled them. It was pretty freaking tasty.

Here you go:
AndouilleChickenRoll.JPG

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is who I used to watch on TV. I wonder how many of you remember Graham Kerr. Most of you probably weren't even a sparkle in your daddy's eye yet. Anyway, goofy MFer but as a little kid of about 7 or 8, I made some of these dishes and it really got me started tasting foods for real. Color me strange but I loved this show.

View: https://youtu.be/qbjr_gIRyKI?list=PLGf2ZdVj_cKUd5BqEKZTICeswRFqgb_ZZ

Cardncub

Rookie
This is who I used to watch on TV. I wonder how many of you remember Graham Kerr. Most of you probably weren't even a sparkle in your daddy's eye yet. Anyway, goofy MFer but as a little kid of about 7 or 8, I made some of these dishes and it really got me started tasting foods for real. Color me strange but I loved this show.

View: https://youtu.be/qbjr_gIRyKI?list=PLGf2ZdVj_cKUd5BqEKZTICeswRFqgb_ZZ

I used to watch this show all of the time as a kid. I do all of the cooking in my house but I tend to just concentrate on the main dish (meat) & let the wife heat up some sides.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I used to watch this show all of the time as a kid. I do all of the cooking in my house but I tend to just concentrate on the main dish (meat) & let the wife heat up some sides.
Yeah - before the restaurant, we always joked about my wife being my sous chef. My youngest moved into that position at a very young age too and is quite the cook. Being that we have used our kitchen at home 3 times in the 7 years we've owned it, she hasn't had to do a lot of prep work. It's more, "what are you feeding me tonight?" these days. She earns her keep in other ways. :cool: