Connor Cook plans on staying in school

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Good move, he isn't ready for NFL prime time imo.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Would've like him as an option, but he's a smart kid and this decision will be an excellent one for him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What he plans to do and actually does... Well... :sneaky:

SierraRam

Recreational User
Would've like him as an option, but he's a smart kid and this decision will be an excellent one for him.

You convinced me to start watching him and he is impressive - now I like him even more!

I wish more collegians would do the same and stay in school.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You convinced me to start watching him and he is impressive - now I like him even more!

I wish more collegians would do the same and stay in school.

It really comes down to what their situation is or truly how far along they thing they are. Who knows maybe someone got in his ear and convinced he'd be better of coming out in 2016, however, my reason for liking the kid is what he offered from the neck up besides having a big arm and being very strong.

I agree with you about staying in school, but some are ready and some need the money because of family and other scenarios, he's at a good school and in an elite program IMO and another year will serve him well.

Philly5

Rookie
They all plan to stay in school at this time of year. The smell of $$$$ usually brings them around after the season.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Smart move, he will battle Christian Hackenburg for the 1st overall pick in 2016 assuming they both continue to ascend in their development.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Smart move, he will battle Christian Hackenburg for the 1st overall pick in 2016 assuming they both continue to ascend in their development.

Hackenburg has regressed behind a porous offensive line. He rarely has time to throw and his receivers aren't always getting open. He has been holding onto the ball too long, when he does have time. At times he makes in incredible throws. The talent is there. He looked very good under OBrien. Hack looks jumpy and doesn't seem to feel the pass rush. He has been sacked 25 times and that does not count the times he made throws with guys hanging on him(a la Big Ben).

A very predictable and often head scratching offensive plan doesn't help matters. Franklin is a great recruiter, but having one of his best buddies be his OC is going to bite him in the butt down the road. He has a fantastic DC though and the D alone is responsible for any success they have had other than the UMass game.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Smart move. Unless he's improved quite a bit from early this season when I saw him, he isn't even close to being ready to make the jump into the NFL.