Connor Barwin hopes to return to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/18/connor-barwin-hopes-to-return-to-rams/

Connor Barwin hopes to return to Rams
Posted by Josh Alper on January 18, 2018

879838662-e1516313896202.jpg

Getty Images

Linebacker Connor Barwin signed with the Rams as a free agent last March, which gave him a chance to take part in one of the bigger turnarounds in the NFL this year.

Barwin would like to help the Rams keep their newfound perch at the top of the NFC West. Barwin is set for free agency again this offseason and said he would like to be back with a team that has “the strongest foundation” of any he’s been with in his career.

“I’d love to be back,” Barwin said, via the team’s website. “This is my third time [that] I’ll be a free agent. I’ve been down this road before. I’ll just let it take care of itself, enjoy these next couple of months, and then hope to be back and get to work.”

Barwin had five sacks in 14 games this season, which marks the fifth straight year he’s had at least that many sacks. The team has several other free agents, including cornerback Trumaine Johnson and safety Lamarcus Joyner, and may also want to address defensive tackle Aaron Donald‘s desire for a new contract, so it remains to be seen where Barwin ranks on their list of priorities.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Bring him back as a coach unless he's willing to sacrifice the starter role and accept less money. I believe Ebukam may be the future on the left side. jmo.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
We still don't have enough quality linebackers to run the 3-4, so bring him back for cheap if possible.

fearsomefour

Legend
He earned that C patch for a reason.
Made $3.5M last year. Similiar sort of deal and I'd bring him back. Samson flashed at OLB but still has a way to go to be an every down guy. Longacre, Samson, Littleton, Barwin a FA, another Rookie....the Rams could develop a good, deep OLB rotation this offseason.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I think our weakness is ILB. We need someone that's willing to take on pulling guards and plug the hole. I like Barron a lot but I don't think he fits in this D anymore. If Josh Johnson played like crap, I would suggest moving him back to safety. I want to slide a run stopping punisher next to Tree.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think our weakness is ILB. We need someone that's willing to take on pulling guards and plug the hole. I like Barron a lot but I don't think he fits in this D anymore. If Josh Johnson played like crap, I would suggest moving him back to safety. I want to slide a run stopping punisher next to Tree.
FA.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Wouldn't mind Barwin at the right price. A good veteran presence. But he should be more for depth. We still need edge rushers and our ILB's are undersized. They're athletic and good for sideline to sideline speed but our defense got gashed in the run game quite a bit.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Football smart guy. Still has game. Good for rotation. Keeper.
On a similar contract as last year, he still provides a lot to this team. Veteran leadership is important. The LB corp could use an upgrade, but Barwin as a rotational piece is fine with me.