Concealed Carry

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Concealed carry in Missouri costs about $150-$200 for the mandatory class. The permit itself is $25. And is good for 5 years.

As a 17 year old marine private I guarded bases with M16s so I'm not sure how a pistol would be more risky. I would suggest they simply allow service people to carry if they comply with local laws on their own time and purchase their own weapons. All costs solved.

People use self defense effectively all day every day, they just don't compile stats. CC people are the safest gun group according to my swat instructor, safer than cops, security, hunters, every armed group. They are also more likely to hit their target than everyone but cops.

Criminals, on the other hand, rarely have training and are horrible shots. I believe they hit their targets 12% of the time?

Personally, I would ban all handguns and make a crime with a handgun 10 years mandatory with no pleas allowed. I carry because it's so easy for criminals to get a gun and I'm on their turf a lot. I would be fine with less than leathal.

The part we can't avoid is 3D printers will soon be very common and people will print their own guns.

That 3d thing is crazy shit. Cool stats too btw.

I have been around guns since I was 12 years old. I am comfortable with them but still very conscious of the danger. I don't ever want to see a handgun ban. There are more gun crimes in areas that don't allow them in the US. I do think permit applicants should be required to take a course though.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know. Both hard plastic and metal printers. It's already been done.
When I was in NYC earlier this month, we stopped by the B & H Camera store. They had four of them running inside the store making plastic models. That's some awesome stuff. The sky is the limit with those things.

RamzFanz

Damnit
When I was in NYC earlier this month, we stopped by the B & H Camera store. They had four of them running inside the store making plastic models. That's some awesome stuff. The sky is the limit with those things.

It's still early in the technology, but damn, they are printing in metal now. It's amazing.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's still early in the technology, but damn, they are printing in metal now. It's amazing.

I'm a Nascar fan. When I go to Charlotte to the races, I tour the race shops. The Stewart-Haas shop has these automated lathes that are essentially 3D printers. They are making car parts like spindles out of blocks of aluminum. Something to see.