Colin Kaepernick Played 2013 Season With Chipped Bone In Foot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Thought this was interesting. LOL at him trying to come off as a tough guy.

--

If you look at Colin Kaepernick's rushing stats from 2013, you'll probably notice they took a nosedive after Week 2. Apparently there's a pretty good reason for that.

Kaepernick told the Sacramento Bee he suffered a chipped bone on his forefoot and ruptured a capsule on the ball of his foot in a 29-3 loss to the Seahawks in Week 2.

"Running down the sideline and went down," Kaepernick said of the play where he was injured. "And I think it was one of their linemen or linebackers landed on my foot when I was on the ground."

After rushing for 87 yards against the Seahawks, Kaepernick only averaged 15.75 yards per game over the next four. The 49ers quarterback was listed on the team's injury report with a foot problem until the San Francisco's bye in Week 10, although the team never specified the severity of his injury.

"It was something that was always there," Kaepernick said. "Never spoke about it, never said anything about it because you're a football player; you play through pain. Unless you're being carted off, you should be on the field. If it's something you can play through, that's what you do."

Kaepernick-chipped-bone-foot.jpg

Kaepernick added that that's the mentality of everyone on the team.

"I think that's the kind of players we have on this team: You're not going to let something that's minor, that's not a true injury, keep you off of the field," Kaepernick said. "You're going to hurt, yes. You're going to have tweaks and problems. But you're a football player; you can play through those."

During a press conference Tuesday, the 26-year-old quarterback said the injury didn't require offseason surgery and healed with rest. Kaepernick also said that the injury wasn't a factor at all when he was asked if his foot bothered him in the NFC title game against Seattle.

The 49ers are obviously satisfied with Kaepernick's health or they probably wouldn't have signed him to an extension in June.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-played-in-2013-with-chipped-bone-in-his-foot

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Reports out of the whiner training room state that Kaperdick only required the aid of 2 midal and a fresh tampon before each game to be able to endure the pain.

This guy is a warrior.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I thought the chip was on his shoulder....

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It wasn't a bone chip.
His toenail polish was chipping.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Typical prima donna complex. Kap hasn't quite reached the status of Kobe-i played-with-a-sore finger Bryant yet...
th

...but give him time.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
boo hoo -- every player will have some sort of injury that prevents them from doing certain things -- it's about management of the injury -- and not every footballer in the NFL feels the need to offload it to the press and attempt to convey an image that they are some sort of courageous individual doing it tough for the betterment of mankind.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Reports out of the whiner training room state that Kaperdick only required the aid of 2 midal and a fresh tampon before each game to be able to endure the pain.

This guy is a warrior.
Post of the Year

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I heard Colon buries a dildo in his butt and uses his customized, G string jock strap to hold it in during the game. If he can run with his prison pocket packed with goodies then a chipped bone should be a snap.
The only thing better than a Ram win is a 9er loss.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Oh man! It all makes sense. That must be why he threw those two key INTs in the playoffs too. But of course I'm not a doctor and didn't know what a forefoot was nor did I know where the capsule is located in the ball of the foot. And to think. Now that I know, I still think he is FOS.