Coach’s Corner: Mike Groh Grooms Rams WR Crops

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Very great addition is Groh. He will shine with the WR growth. Really like it, & add Pete as RB coach.Your going to see a lot of extra options. They know about space & time .
-- Play action is going to be fun to watch.There is going to be movement with a purpose. --Hate movement & loss an option.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I might be hearing things but, at the 1:00 mark I'm fairly certain he says, "hopefully we can get Kenny back healthy". Is he referring to Britt? Is he injured? Was just a slip up? I am just hearing things?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...n-rob-boras-mike-groh-to-improve-passing-game

Rams counting on Rob Boras, Mike Groh to improve passing game
The Rams officially promoted Rob Boras to offensive coordinator and brought in Mike Groh as passing-game coordinator. Mark J. Rebilas/USA TODAY Sports
  • Nick WagonerESPN Staff Writer

The Los Angeles Rams are moving closer to the beginning of the final phase of the offseason conditioning program. That would be the time when all players can come together on a field and go through full-squad practices (with some limitations, of course): organized team activities.

The Rams' first OTA is set for May 31 at their current temporary training facility in Oxnard, Calif. Before we get there, we're counting down five of the questions we'll look to get answered when the Rams get going again:

The question: The Rams made some changes to the coaching staff in the offseason, bringing in Mike Groh as passing-game coordinator and officially promoting Rob Boras to offensive coordinator. Will there be changes to the offense and what wrinkles should that pair be adding to improve one of the worst passing games in the league last year?

Outlook: By now, it's no secret that the Rams had the least-effective passing attack in the NFL in 2015. They finished last in the league in passing yards, passing touchdowns and QBR. Entering the offseason, it didn't take a genius to figure out that they had to do something about it. Fans knew it, players knew it and, most of all, the team knew it. So they made the biggest move of all in an effort to turn things around, trading up from No. 15 to No. 1 to land quarterbackJared Goff. But while that move made most of the headlines, there were also a couple of coaching changes that the Rams hope will help jump start things.

First, they officially promoted Rob Boras to offensive coordinator after he held that role for the final four games of last season. Boras' move up didn't result in any major step forward for the passing game but the offense did seem to have at least a little bit more success under his guidance and Case Keenum played his best game against Tampa Bay with Boras calling the shots. Now that he's got the job full-time, Boras has had a full offseason to add more of his own concepts to the offense. This round of OTAs will give Boras and the Rams a chance to begin installing his offense, which will still focus on running back Todd Gurley but the Rams hope will be more balanced in 2016.

While Boras is in charge of the offense, the Rams brought on some help in an effort to expand their passing game. The Rams hired former Chicago Bears receiver coach Mike Groh to take on that role and become the new passing-game coordinator. In Chicago, Groh worked with new Dolphins coach Adam Gase, who comes from the Mike Martz coaching tree. That means Groh brings a much better understanding of a wide-open attack that works to create favorable matchups across the board. Beyond the additional passing concepts Groh brings to the table, he could also be helpful in developing the team's underachieving receiving corps. That's one area the Rams didn't address this offseason aside from some late-round draft picks, so any improvement in that area will have to come from in-house. Perhaps Groh's past success with the likes of Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall will help players like Tavon Austin, Brian Quick and others reach their potential.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Yeah I heard that too about Kenny :wtf::bueller:

I would think he referring to the nagging hand, wrist and or shoulder injuries that he played with most of the last half of the season. Not severe enough to miss a game but he left several games for numerous plays after getting hit.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I might be hearing things but, at the 1:00 mark I'm fairly certain he says, "hopefully we can get Kenny back healthy". Is he referring to Britt? Is he injured? Was just a slip up? I am just hearing things?
:burp: "Just a little 'sports hernia' while doing some off-season filming."

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just nice to see the drills. I really like how they have the WR's using there hands.