Co-worker lost a bout with a rattlesnake yesterday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Bill was successfully taken off the ventilator today. He still isn't awake but they are slowly taking him off of sedation. Brain seems unharmed but they are still doing kidney dialysis. I kinda think the jury is still out on his condition.
Praise God! Sounds like there is hope.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Poor guy was putting deer corn out and got struck in the foot. Evidently, the fang caught a vein because they had to put him in a coma due to his organs shutting down. They say the next 72 hours will determine if he lives or not. He fell and detached a retina trying to get out of the woods too. Bad bad day for the guy. Prayers would be appreciated.

OMG, that IS a bad day.

Best wishes for him.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Southeastern Reptile Rescue
4 hrs ·

On Tuesday (September 27th), Bill Sublett was bitten by a rattlesnake outside his home in South Georgia. We visited with Bill and his family in ICU and provided updates of his condition here on our Facebook page. We've been in contact with multiple family members since his bite. Today, the family provided us with the following information to share regarding Bill's recovery.

On Tuesday (October 11th) the Neurologist told family members that changes in Bill's condition may not be noticeable for six to eight weeks. On Wednesday (October 12th), the Occupational Therapist came by and he sat on the edge of the bed for a few minutes. From that point, Bill began mumbling and by the end of the day was talking. Some things were not discernable but he asked to "blow his nose". His family asked if he wanted water and he said yes. When asked if he wanted more, he said, "sweet tea". He was also able to request that the TV be turned on. When visiting hours were over, a family member asked if he wanted them to stay with him and he said "I should be ok". Some of the nurses confessed that when he came in they didn't believe he was going to make it.

On Friday (October 14th), Bill was transported by helicopter to a hospital that specializes in acute care. This will begin the next step in his journey. He arrived safely and the family asks that everyone continue to pray.

Today is Bill's 17th day in the Intensive care Unit. Currently, he is still receiving dialysis

From the family of Bill Sublett:
The evidence of the power of prayer is showing everyday. God bless you all and all praise to our Heavenly Father who holds the world in his hands. He made it because he has many people praying and our All Powerful God touched him with healing hands. Thanks for all the prayers and please continue as we have many days of therapy ahead but what a great start. My love to you in Christ.

Please continue to pray for Bill's improvement as well as strength and peace for his wife and family.

~Jason Clark
Southeastern Reptile Rescue
SnakesAreUs.com

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm glad your friend has improved. I live in Northern Florida. The snakes here are nothing to fuck with. My dad hunts a lot. He always wears snake boots now. Why? About a decade ago, he stepped on a massive diamondback rattlesnake. He was able to shoot it before it got him.

But I gotta say, I fear moccasins more than any other snake. Those fuckers are aggressive and hide well. I remember being in a boat and heading under a bridge on the St. John's River. I made the mistake of looking up and realizing there were a bunch of moccasins on the rafters above us.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm glad your friend has improved. I live in Northern Florida. The snakes here are nothing to freak with. My dad hunts a lot. He always wears snake boots now. Why? About a decade ago, he stepped on a massive diamondback rattlesnake. He was able to shoot it before it got him.

But I gotta say, I fear moccasins more than any other snake. Those fuckers are aggressive and hide well. I remember being in a boat and heading under a bridge on the St. John's River. I made the mistake of looking up and realizing there were a bunch of moccasins on the rafters above us.
Yeah, heard tons of stories of them landing in boats and people giving up the boat. They are very aggressive and will chase you. I hate moccasins.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Hey, thanks for asking about Bill. He is doing much better. He still isn't back to work but he's home, getting better all the time. I'm still not so sure he won't be feeling effects from this the rest of his life but I do see him pop up on Facebook every once in awhile.