Co-worker lost a bout with a rattlesnake yesterday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Poor guy was putting deer corn out and got struck in the foot. Evidently, the fang caught a vein because they had to put him in a coma due to his organs shutting down. They say the next 72 hours will determine if he lives or not. He fell and detached a retina trying to get out of the woods too. Bad bad day for the guy. Prayers would be appreciated.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Man! Definitely positive thoughts heading his way. That would suck.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My thoughts go to him. Nobody should ever suffer that fate.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well damn man, so sorry to hear that.
I hope he pulls through.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Several years ago,,, a friend of ours was dating a guy that got bit by a pygmy rattle snake. Tiny little snake apparently. This guy thought he could just suck the poison out "John Wayne" style.

Our friend called us and asked if he was crazy... I told her hell yes, TAKE HIS ASS TO THE HOSPITAL.

Long story short... he was forced to go to the hospital. His digestive tract shut down completely, and he was lucky to survive. He would have died if he didn't go to the hospital. He does still suffer from that bite to this day.

Good luck to your friend Bo.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These things are not to be taken lightly. Years ago I worked with a young cowboy. He was tough as nails and a wee bit crazy. I say this because he was also a bull rider. And in my mind anyone who gets on a 3000 lb killing machine is a wee bit crazy. Anyway sometime in his past he had been bitten by a copperhead. He had ridden it out claiming "It just makes you a little sick is all." This is the exception not the rule. Seek medical help pronto for anything like this. Hoping for the best for your co-worker.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This is why I refuse to go anywhere on my land without thick boots and a very watchful eye. I usually carry a 410 with me as well in case i run into anything. We don't have much for Rattlesnakes here tho people will tell you we have them, I've never came across them. We deal with copperheads and cotton mouths. Nothing as bad as a Rattlesnake. I'm terrified of snakes and will shoot every time unless it's a black snake.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I mean this sincerely, but did he not hear the rattle? Rattlesnakes don't attack unless provoked or get to close, that's what the rattle is for.

But man, stuck in the vein. Poison + pain. Cannot even imagine. Hoping the doctors can fix this.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
"For those that call on the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13

My prayers for your friend, for the Lord to work through the doctors, and to remove the poison from your friend, in the name of Jesus.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The guy had a rough night. They lost him once. Dr says he has heart and kidney damage. Doesn't look good. He's definitely in the fight of his life.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I mean this sincerely, but did he not hear the rattle? Rattlesnakes don't attack unless provoked or get to close, that's what the rattle is for.

But man, stuck in the vein. Poison + pain. Cannot even imagine. Hoping the doctors can fix this.
I've been hearing reports of rattlesnakes not using their rattles on occasion before striking. That to me is terrifying because we have lots of them here and they blend so well. I think he actually stepped on this one.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Man this is just awful. Positive vibes to him, I hope he can pull through.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Sorry to hear. That's some tough luck. I too am surprised he didn't hear a rattle as a warning. But depending on time of day and a few other factors, its entirely feasible he just surprised the damn thing and got struck. Best of luck to him.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Sorry to hear. That's some tough luck. I too am surprised he didn't hear a rattle as a warning. But depending on time of day and a few other factors, its entirely feasible he just surprised the damn thing and got struck. Best of luck to him.
Hearing from hunters here that rattlesnakes often don't rattle in the woods because of wild hogs. The hogs eat them. I never knew this.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The snake bite victim, Bill, coded again. He is on dialysis and still in an induced coma. He has been administered 24 vials of anti venom. He's still hanging on though.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I've been hearing reports of rattlesnakes not using their rattles on occasion before striking. That to me is terrifying because we have lots of them here and they blend so well. I think he actually stepped on this one.

Interesting. What part of the country are you in? Either way, always watch the ground b/c other venomous critters could be lurking.

Truly hope your co-worker makes it.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Interesting. What part of the country are you in? Either way, always watch the ground b/c other venomous critters could be lurking.

Truly hope your co-worker makes it.
Thanks man and we live almost on the Ga/Fla border.