Clowney & opposing DE's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I posted in another thread about the amazing show Jadeveon Clowney put on against the Rams on the weekend, he was so disruptive, he basically snuffed out our Offense in the first half, pretty much on his own.

I've not taken much notice of our upcoming opposition tbh - are there any elite pass-rushers on the teams that I should keep an eye out for? I know we've got to deal with Cam Jordan with the Saints (I had them in the ROD draft!) Is he the best we're going to come up against??

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I posted in another thread about the amazing show Jadeveon Clowney put on against the Rams on the weekend, he was so disruptive, he basically snuffed out our Offense in the first half, pretty much on his own.

I've not taken much notice of our upcoming opposition tbh - are there any elite pass-rushers on the teams that I should keep an eye out for? I know we've got to deal with Cam Jordan with the Saints (I had them in the ROD draft!) Is he the best we're going to come up against??

Look no further than this week with Everson Griffen and Linvall Joseph.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Everson Griffen is on the Vikings.

Thing is Clowney was not a factor in the second half. The Rams made an adjustment at halftime and took away whatever he was doing to get free runs. He was neutralized. We can deduce that Kromer or Wade fixed something about Havenstien's technique, or that Clowney just wore down by the second half, or even quit once the Rams started to score. I think he was so happy with himself that he smoked a joint in the locker at halftime.:whistle:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks - I'll be honest I've only seen the one Vikings game this year (against the Browns) and I can't remember the DEs in that game - I'll have to go back and have another look :)

Everson Griffen is on the Vikings.

Thing is Clowney was not a factor in the second half. The Rams made an adjustment at halftime and took away whatever he was doing to get free runs. He was neutralized. We can deduce that Kromer or Wade fixed something about Havenstien's technique, or that Clowney just wore down by the second half, or even quit once the Rams started to score. I think he was so happy with himself that he smoked a joint in the locker at halftime.:whistle:

Thanks - I think Clowney must have run out of steam, he was a beast at the start of the game!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which one goes up against Whit .... coz that’s the one we don’t have to worry about

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Griffen does look like a handful - from the clips, it looks like he'll be on Whitworth's side??

fearsomefour

Legend
I think Griffen. But Sully is going to have his hands full. Joseph is a beast.
Vikings D is legit.
If I were I am running stunts inside that have Joseph attacking Brown.
Running may be tough sledding. Quick passes may be key.
Vikings D is very good.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
What is Griffen's injury status, if I'm not mistaken he was out last week.

Ram65

Legend
Griffen does look like a handful - from the clips, it looks like he'll be on Whitworth's side??

It's going to be tough in the trenches this weekend...

Thanks these are very insightful. They look good. last week they were stringing out the runs so the Skins could get the edge. Later in the game the Skins got better yardage by the RB cutting up field well before the edge. I guess that was without Joseph. Quick passes and screens could be the way to go early.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Just please no Austin hand-offs up the middle... they never worked under Fisher and haven't worked under McVay. YUCK

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Vikings D is legit.
If I were I am running stunts inside that have Joseph attacking Brown.
Running may be tough sledding. Quick passes may be key.
Vikings D is very good.
If Goff gets off to a fast start We'll be fine! I think "No-Huddle" will gas there D eventually!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's going to be tough in the trenches this weekend...

That one guy saying Linval had like 70 tackles. He has never had more than 42 tackles in any season. Still very good for a tackle but....

In watching these clips, the Viqueens have been going against some pretty average O-lines. I look for ours to handle them better than any team they have faced this season. Gurley hitting off tackle is something that no matter how quick Joseph is, he's not getting to TG before TG gets by him.

The queens have a very good defense - no doubt about it. But I think it is exploitable and our defense should be able to not only pressure Case but lure him into a couple careless throws where he thinks his receiver has the best chance at it.

Look for at least two Zimmerman melt downs during this game.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Just please no Austin hand-offs up the middle... they never worked under Fisher and haven't worked under McVay. YUCK

I understand that there are times that Tavon is stopped immediately - just like any of our running backs.

But Tavon has had many runs with great success up the middle. He has really good vision, quick feet, and has an ability to get small through the hole.

Is he someone I want in there when I want to push the pile? No.

But Tavon has had a lot of run up the middle that have had success.

I do expect we'll see some of that misdirection game vs. the Vikings though. They have very athletic linebackers and we are going to need to keep them off balance.