Cignetti gettin' it done

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  1. Loved Frank Cignetti in week one
  2. Was not happy in week two
  3. Very displeased in week 3 golden opportunity to beat those animals from Pittsburgh
  4. Frank was my hero finally beating that villain of a Head Coach in Bruce Arians.
Some might call this unfair and some might call it not loyal, but I reserve the right to pass judgment on Frank Cignetti when it's all said and done, but I did appreciate his look of disgust when they showed him in the booth early in the game at Arizona as I've had the same look for a number of years now.

ACignettiAP631983261409.jpg

Some might call it unfair but some of us call it accurate. He's had his bumps in the road to week 5. But so far he's an improvement over Shotty.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Austin is just incredible with the ball in his hands. Look at the patience, vision, and anticipation in the first gif.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess I'm reserved about it too, but I'm very optimistic that, given a few more games & time for the OL to gel together & get comfortable & confident with the scheme, the results will come. No kool aid.
As for Schotty, just look at Georgia. So many pundits are scratching their heads & wondering what happened with Mark Richt, their HC, against Alabama. Well, I heard Georgia was blown out in the second half. How many times, under Schotty's helm, did the Rams seem to be close / ahead after the first half, then get blown out / shut out in the second??? smh, poor Georgia.
Cignetti may not turn out to be Bill Walsh, but he's getting some results. The Pittsburgh game would be a W if only a sure fired TD pass were caught by our highly-paid TE--the play design was excellent, & everyone executed....just needed Kendricks to haul it in. Oh, well. Point being, the play designs are there--just need some time for the O to gel together.
Actually, after the first 5-6 games last year, weren't we ready to have Williams fired? the D just needed time to get comfortable in GW's schemes. I believe the same just needs to happen with the O: just need a few more games & they'll be studs.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Some might call it unfair but some of us call it accurate. He's had his bumps in the road to week 5. But so far he's an improvement over Shotty.

I concur, but I am hoping there is more to see from the alum of IUP!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Yep, I honked Cigs horn since he got here. Not that it's hard to do, all you really need to do is avoid Schott's pitfalls. He made things overly complex, he couldn't adjust to save his life, we'd always start strong, but teams would figure out what we were doing and Schott simply had no answer for it.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Good example was Bill Walsh who would make SF run the same play over and over for hours until everyone executed their responsibility perfectly. But again IMO the true strength of his offense was the above two areas.
Walsh didn't invent repetition. He didn't even invent "his offense". He didn't even invent being a pompous ass that took credit for everyone else's work, but that was his actual true strength, and it's still being regurgitated today even while he's rotting in hell.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
As he should be. You know why because he is sitting in the booth above. Shotty should of been doing the same thing instead of pretending to be important on the sidelines.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Still reserving judgement on Cigs but I kind of agree with Merlin in that he will be above average.
It's just too bad it took 3 seasons to make the switch at OC.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I'm reserving some . . . but I love seeing adjustments being made. Even this past week when they showed him in the booth. He was consulting his team (coaches) and trying to figure out the best way to move forward.

We are a work in progress, but like the size of our line, if we get rolling, that snowball will be hard to stop.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Watching through those gifs I have a few questions. . .

Why do we see a couple of our Oline guys washing back towards the line of scrimmage? I saw Jamon and Greg do it and in both situations it looks like they should have just moved forwards. . .
-Is it apart of confusion due the zone blocking?

Why do we have times that our Oline looks like their feet are on skates? Is it more of a technique issue? Or do these guys need to find some better cleats? Kind of worries me going onto the Green Bay Grass field.

P.S. Note: Todd easily scored on that last run if he wanted to. . . What a play!