Chargers to LA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://jimrome.com/2017/01/13/own-it-dean/

gettyimages-184672475.jpg

Chargers owner Dean Spanos had to know he was going to get annihilated for deciding to move his team to L.A. but apparently, the reaction was even worse than he anticipated. Apparently, he wasn’t prepared to find out San Diego hates his guts and never wants to see him or any of his family ever again. He wasn’t prepared to get Modell’ed the way he is right now: quote, “it’s awful. I’m human like anybody else. I have emotions.”

Right, you have emotions. And you have billions. And you probably should have used some of it to fund a stadium in San Diego where you belong instead of going to L.A. where no one and I mean no one wants you.

What the hell did you expect, Dean? That people in San Diego would understand you stabbing them in the heart? And that the folks in L.A, would be happy to see you? Well, they’re not, and the folks in San Diego will never forgive nor forget what you’re doing to them. So stop crying about much this hurts. It’s just going to make the people there hate you even more. No thousandaire has any sympathy for a billionaire.

In reality, this is going exactly how you’d expect. Exactly how Spanos should have expected it to go. Horribly. How could it go any other way? No one wants this! No one. Starting with the City of Los Angeles. No one here wants the Chargers. No one here asked for it. And no one here needs it. And the next Charger fan I see here will be the first.

L.A. doesn’t want the Chargers in L.A.. The Rams don’t want the Chargers in L.A. the NFL doesn’t want the Chargers in L.A. and the Chargers really don’t want the Chargers here in L.A. but to quote Rex Ryan… here we are! Here we bleeping are. Even no one, anywhere, wants this, other than Dean Spanos.

But Spanos thinks S.D. burning their Charger gear and generally freaking out because he ripped their team from them is awful. What’s awful is you trying to make yourself out to be the victim here. You ripped a team from a fanbase that loved them. You’re not victim. You’re paying more than a half a bill to leave San Diego because you think you can make even more money in L.A. so I’m sure Charger fans will be happy to tell you you can dry your tears with hundred dollar bills.

It’s pretty hard to figure out what it is that you like about this Dean. Why you’re so much better off here than staying where you belong. Why you’d leave a town that loved you for one that doesn’t give a damn about you. You and your team have no connection to this area. No fan base here.

You can set up shop here, watch the Raiders move to Las Vegas, and the silver and black will still be more popular in L.A. than the Chargers ever will. Just know that.

Also know that you’re going to spend the next two years playing in a 27,000 seat stadium as the JV to a soccer team. Instead of pumping a chunk of it into your own stadium in a town that loves you, you’re going to have to chip off more than a half bill to the league to relocate for the right to be the L.A. Galaxy’s little brother until the Rams stadium is built, so you can then be their little brother; and make no mistake: that’s not your house. That belongs to the Rams.

They’re building it. You’re just some glom crashing on their couch and contributing nothing to it. You’re not offering to pay any rent, or even do any of the dishes. You’re just an unwelcome guest drinking their beer and slamming their grub.

And enough about how you did everything you possibly could to make it work in San Diego. You didn’t. You did everything you could to get the tax payers to pay for it for you, and when that didn’t work, you bounced. You’re worth more than $2 billion bucks; you didn’t need tax payer to get this deal done. Stan Kroenke paid for that stadium you’re going crash in with his own dough. You could have scratched a check or two and made it work in San Diego. But you didn’t want to. That’s fine. Just own it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't believe I'm gonna say this but I agree with Rome and congrats to him for saying it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dean and Stan.

Snuggle bunnies!
I don't think they like each other at all but Spanos is afraid of spending his daddies money to build something so he's taking the easy way out. He's going to spend more money to rent the Inglewood stadium then he was being asked to contribute to build one of his own in SD. That's just an amazing level of scumbag.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't think they like each other at all but Spanos is afraid of spending his daddies money to build something so he's taking the easy way out. He's going to spend more money to rent the Inglewood stadium then he was being asked to contribute to build one of his own in SD. That's just an amazing level of scumbag.

I don't think the rent will be that high, and he will make plenty of money.

I have heard that Spanos and Kroenke do not like each other, but this is money and greed is every bit as powerful as dislike so they will be snuggled up and cozy LOL.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I would honestly be willing to boycott an entire season of NFL football to send a message to these fat cat owners. I would bet there are millions of other fans (of bad teams at least, haha) that would as well. I love football, but these old, rich, greedy bastard s and their douchnozzle mouthpiece are seriously fucking up a good thing. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's not the fans fault. The Rams need to put a better product on the field. Until then they don't deserve to be supported. Fandom shouldn't be a one way street.
So your a "Fare Weather" Fan? you only support the Team when things are good?o_O
Remember Fan is short for Fanatic!!(y):D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Right, you have emotions. And you have billions. And you probably should have used some of it to fund a stadium in San Diego where you belong instead of going to L.A. where no one and I mean no one wants you.
THIS!!!!!!^^^^(y)(y)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No I'm not, but the majority of fan bases in every city are. It's just the way it is.
That's one thing that annoys me when a team and city have their fans criticized for bad attendance. Every sports team everywhere (except for big league soccer in Europe) are subject to fickle fans. Good luck finding a team in any league here that has great attendance when a team is winning only 10-20% of their games and especially if they're doing it for multiple years. Every fan is fickle and a front runner as far as going and spending money to put their butts in a seat.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think the rent will be that high, and he will make plenty of money.

I have heard that Spanos and Kroenke do not like each other, but this is money and greed is every bit as powerful as dislike so they will be snuggled up and cozy LOL.
Rent is only $1 a year. He will however have to pay $500 million relocation fee and he's expected to pay $350 million towards construction costs. That's a lot more than he was expected to pay in San Diego. In fact if he'd paid that much there he could have his own $1.25 billion dollar mansion for his team to play football in.

FRO

Legend
That's one thing that annoys me when a team and city have their fans criticized for bad attendance. Every sports team everywhere (except for big league soccer in Europe) are subject to fickle fans. Good luck finding a team in any league here that has great attendance when a team is winning only 10-20% of their games and especially if they're doing it for multiple years. Every fan is fickle and a front runner as far as going and spending money to put their butts in a seat.
What percentage of the fan base are actual die hard fans? 30%? Even then it's hard to justify dropping big money down to go see a loser. Just because you're a die hard doesn't mean you have unlimited funds. When teams are as bad as the Rams have been for as long as they've been you'll have empty seats. It wasn't St Louis' fault, nor is it LA's.

FRO

Legend
Rent is only $1 a year. He will however have to pay $500 million relocation fee and he's expected to pay $350 million towards construction costs. That's a lot more than he was expected to pay in San Diego. In fact if he'd paid that much there he could have his own $1.25 billion dollar mansion for his team to play football in.
He's an idiot for moving the team.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

The relocation fee really isn't "out of pocket" he will just get less from revenue sharing from the league and he has many years to pay for it so it's not like he is going to notice a big difference. He's not actually "spending" but if he built a stadium those bills come with due dates and are all out of pocket.

I think the original proposal asked him to pay but wasn't the final proposal without that clause? I think that's what Kroenke wanted but didn't get.

As far as staying in SD I wish he would but he is greedy like the rest of these fucks. The people of SD don't want him badly enough to pass a tax on tourists that wouldn't cost them anything, I'm sure that was the final FUCK OFF in his mind.

He's an idiot for moving the team.

Only if the team continues to decline. If they right the ship they will draw and he will make plenty of cash.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Something I feel that is being lost in all this hate/criticism of spanos is that SD had the option to vote to pass a HOTEL tax to for the city's funding of the stadium. Now I think owners should have to pay for their own stadium, but if the people of SD really wanted the chargers to stay I dont see why you wouldnt just vote for the hotel tax. Rarely are you going to stay at a hotel in your own city so its really just for visitors, and essentially costs the people of SD nothing.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Spanos is a total asshole. At least there are fans in LA who love the Rams. Nobody in LA, and I mean nobody wants the Chargers to be there.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
What needs to happen is some other Billionaire needs to buy the team from Spanos for $3.5B or something outrageous with a plan to move them BACK to San Diego.

He'd be a freaking SAVIOR and engender the LOVE of the San Diego community. And the team would sell out like no one's business.

Then they need to build a football stadium that's built for football... 60k seats where every seat feels like it's perfect for the game. Nothing too extravagant, MORE RESTROOMS THAN FOOD STANDS (cuz it sucks to miss a quarter just cuz you have to pee), great sight lines and more focus on a winning football TEAM than luxury boxes and what size the damned jumbotron is. Also...put some decent seating in. Most stadium seats are assbusters. It's a 3.5 hour event and it's mostly Americans sitting in those chairs. Don't put in Economy class chairs like we're trying to all fly to Hong Kong for $80.

Beyond that... Chargers are going to be the Clippers until they're either sold or Dean turns it over to a family member like happened with the Bidwells in AZ.

SAK11

Rookie
What needs to happen is some other Billionaire needs to buy the team from Spanos for $3.5B or something outrageous with a plan to move them BACK to San Diego.

He'd be a freaking SAVIOR and engender the LOVE of the San Diego community. And the team would sell out like no one's business.

Then they need to build a football stadium that's built for football... 60k seats where every seat feels like it's perfect for the game. Nothing too extravagant, MORE RESTROOMS THAN FOOD STANDS (cuz it sucks to miss a quarter just cuz you have to pee), great sight lines and more focus on a winning football TEAM than luxury boxes and what size the damned jumbotron is. Also...put some decent seating in. Most stadium seats are assbusters. It's a 3.5 hour event and it's mostly Americans sitting in those chairs. Don't put in Economy class chairs like we're trying to all fly to Hong Kong for $80.

Beyond that... Chargers are going to be the Clippers until they're either sold or Dean turns it over to a family member like happened with the Bidwells in AZ.

The Clippers play 2nd fiddle to the Lakers but they still do very well. Probably one of the more profitable franchises in the NBA. I wouldn't be surprised if Spanos had that same thought, that if they set things up right and win [that's huge], they can be successful in LA. Like the Clippers.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I was wondering when this was gonna get started. Rivers made clear for years he didn't want to move to LA.