Chargers to LA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Less filled seats for sure, but I think there are a couple factors. Getting the butt kickings the Rams were by then surely didn't help. Add to that the holidays, XMAS eve, NY day, it was even tougher. I tried to give away a pair of my tix on NY Day, everyone either had plans, or were hungover...LOL. When I sent out tailgating info to the group on XMAS eve peeps were like.. "Dude..it's XMAS..no game.." All that being said, at the end of the day, I think we all know winning will take care of any issue.
It's not the fans fault. The Rams need to put a better product on the field. Until then they don't deserve to be supported. Fandom shouldn't be a one way street.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Heard on radio that since they will only be playing in a 30K seat stadium, they plan on charging double the price to make up the revenue loss. :dizzy: You can't make this shit up.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
This is going to be good for the Rams.
Stan and Spanos will have to compete for top dog.
I doubt very much Stan would accept being 2nd fiddle in his own damn stadium. He needs to win and win every year, to prevent his team from becoming the Clippers instead if the Lakers.

jap

Legend
0a217eab-f0e6-4073-8d25-ac9edd960e10.jpg

Eric D. Williams/ESPN Staff Writer

A San Diego Chargers fan just drove by and dumped his team gear on the street.

Did he get flagged and fined by the NFL for polluting the local environment?

fearsomefour

Legend
Hoping for a miracle to stop this. I do think the owners are going to lean hard on Spanos to stay put, but I just don't know how hard they can lean.

What I find insane is that Spanos can come up with over half a billion $$ to pay a relocation fee, but can't put that toward a stadium. That may not be enough to build something like Stan's Taj Mahal, but that along with the fund the NFL would provide should be enough to build a quality stadium.
Spanos is an idiot.
He wants a new stadium and didn't like leasing one....so his answer is to lease from another owner.
The Chargers are the worst. The Padres of the NFL.
I love San Diego but it is the worst sports city in the country....
GO GULLS!'

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Spanos is an idiot.
He wants a new stadium and didn't like leasing one....so his answer is to lease from another owner.
GO GULLS!'
I hope Stan makes em pay through the ass for the privilege... couldn't image jerry letting anyone share his stadium

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Just another team that will also be home games when we play there.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just another team that will also be home games when we play there.
Nah, after the Cowboys lose again in their 1st round matchup again, it will be an off season of whining about Garrett, JJ and how poor DEz cant catch a break.
The majority of Cowboys fans will be some other "hot" team fan by then....

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Spanos is an idiot.
GO GULLS!'

I don't know much about San Diego these days ... but did spend about 6 months at various Navy schools there in 1983 and liked it quite a bit then. But I do know you are right about Spanos being an idiot ... just a spoiled, entitled little trust fund brat that never had to earn anything in his life - and now wants somebody else to pay for his stadium.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I don't know much about San Diego these days ... but did spend about 6 months at various Navy schools there in 1983 and liked it quite a bit then. But I do know you are right about Spanos being an idiot ... just a spoiled, entitled little trust fund brat that never had to earn anything in his life - and now wants somebody else to pay for his stadium.

It's worse than that.

In an age where public financing is going the way of the dodo... when the last two mega stadiums were totally self financed by the owners...

He COULD have had both public financing AND league money to go in with San Diego State.

BUT... HE wanted to have a DOWNTOWN WATERFRONT ENTERTAINMENT complex and wouldn't settle for ANYTHING ELSE. Moreover, he wanted the taxpayers to pay the bulk of it while he got to own the bulk of it.

It was a crap deal and the people of San Diego, in light of the entirely reasonable alternative to go in with San Diego State (they need a new stadium, also, and SDSU is a pretty big deal down there) decided that they weren't going to be held hostage and ultimately lose out like the folks in St. Louis.

The only way they would have stayed is if the taxpayers in San Diego completely bent over, but not before signing a blank check to Spanos.

I used to like the Chargers... now? I hope Rivers makes good on his threat to retire and they suck for a generation...

And that new logo? It's ugly like a 200lb catfish...

FiftyFive

UDFA
As a (former) Chargers fan, this sucks for us just like last year sucked for St. Louis fans. It warms my heart to see that LA doesn't want this loser franchise just as much as we didn't want them to go to LA.

All you need to know is, Dean Spanos turned down a new stadium proposal that would have required him to pay $350 million. As a result, he is now going to pay $650 million to be a soccer team's bitch for a few years and then pay rent to Kroenke forever. He is an absolute moron, and the silver lining to this move is that his idiocy will be another city's problem.

FiftyFive

UDFA
freak THE CHARGERS! Stan does all the work and they just get to move in to the nicest stadium in the league. BULL crap!:puke:Never believed it would happen.:palm:
That's Deano for you. A total leech who's never had to work for anything in his life and always has his hand out. Pathetic.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
That's Deano for you. A total leech who's never had to work for anything in his life and always has his hand out. Pathetic.

Well to be fair, his mindset fits the bill of the NFL in general: They both want short-term gains at the expense of sustainability. Even the Raiders are on the verge of moving to Vegas despite near sellouts in Oakland throughout the regular season.

It's a shame though he's ruining his father's legacy every year. Alex Spanos worked hard to get where his family is at and his son is burning it to the ground.

FiftyFive

UDFA
Alex Spanos was a horrible owner too. He didn't build anything. Barron Hilton built the Chargers - Gene Klein and the Spanos family destroyed them. Alex's first act as owner was to run Don Coryell out of town and install his guy, Al Saunders, at the top. Saunders went 17-22, never sniffed the playoffs and never got another head coaching job. That set the tone for decades of idiocy and mistreatment of the Chargers' coaches, players and fans that continues today.

Deano's douchey behavior has dominated the headlines for the Chargers in recent years, but it was Alex who started threatening to move the team in the first place right after our Super Bowl run. And it was Alex who told a reporter that he wanted a new stadium or else he was moving to LA just a couple years after the city spent tons of money on a stadium renovation and an unfair ticket-guarantee plan. He shoulders blame for this mess just as much as Dean does.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Alex Spanos was a horrible owner too. He didn't build anything. Barron Hilton built the Chargers - Gene Klein and the Spanos family destroyed them. Alex's first act as owner was to run Don Coryell out of town and install his guy, Al Saunders, at the top. Saunders went 17-22, never sniffed the playoffs and never got another head coaching job. That set the tone for decades of idiocy and mistreatment of the Chargers' coaches, players and fans that continues today.

Deano's douchey behavior has dominated the headlines for the Chargers in recent years, but it was Alex who started threatening to move the team in the first place right after our Super Bowl run. And it was Alex who told a reporter that he wanted a new stadium or else he was moving to LA just a couple years after the city spent tons of money on a stadium renovation and an unfair ticket-guarantee plan. He shoulders blame for this mess just as much as Dean does.

I was talking about the Chargers success from a business standpoint under Alex Spanos's time managing the operations. Dean Spanos is making a clusterfuck of horrible decisions every year both in football operations and business. The way things are going right now, the NFL looks like it's going to crumble in the near future, I hope the NFL owners get hit the worst from this.

FRO

Legend
I wonder if the greed of the NFL and its owners will ever catch up with them. They hold cities for ransom for stadiums. They have a billion commercials for every game. Every move they make seems to be one to please their business vision over what would please their fans. While their product is declining, they still have a great product. I just wonder if there's going to be a tipping point. I know ratings were down, but in the grand scheme of things they were pretty good. I just wish they could hear and listen to the voices of the fans.