CELEBRATE !! Celebration thread pissing in gumbo edition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
This is Staley, Jets at Rams 2020--lookie, both Seb. Joseph Day and Gaines in a zero technique. By your logic they are 2-gap NT. But you logic is flawed because your information is outdated (and wrong).
Here is MY evidence --- In this case you can see Williams has the B gap to the center's left. Brown, from 0-tech slants to the A to the center's right. They share the A-gap to the center's left. You can see both playing good gap-½ technique -- watch them peeking the working back to the ball ... once their gap is controlled... squeeze or help. In this case, the ball went to Williams' gap

2-gap technique does not look like this. And this is how you know: Go by what the coach tells you it is. And then you can see the film. In this era of information, all this is out there. And it is fun to learn. Getting stuck into any orthodoxy can limit open-minded learning

Enjoy:

View: https://x.com/53_jim70721/status/1738433201935179972?s=20

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Honestly do no know what the breakdown was ... looks like Cover - 6 wth quarters to the top side and Cover-2 near side....if so Fuller does right thing...

But Johnson --- comes close to LOS and jumps slant, maybe? But that guy blows by Spoon.

Or, it could be a Cover-3 buzz (backer has flat) out of shell look ..

View: https://x.com/53_jim70721/status/1738791352299594230?s=20

2023-12-23_22-22-44 3.jpg
2023-12-23_22-22-44.jpg

after that ---- so you guess is as good as mine ... not sure why neither Johnson nor Fuller would have help, either as a 1/2 field safety or as a MOF safety ... Fuller turns to trap the top side guy ... Johnson looks to maybe rob the single side outside guy

a cluster

2023-12-23_22-23-06.jpg
2023-12-23_22-23-25.jpg
2023-12-23_22-24-13.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I've finished watching the game and the late rally by New Orleans, following the same thing by the Commodes last week, is really worrisome. It isn't good to get complacent and think that the game is over- you play hard until the last play of the game.

The other thing that stood out is what a difference a true lockdown corner and a legit pass rusher opposite Young would make to this defence. There are loads of Round One prospects in the 2024 draft at both positions, so we should snag the best CB or Edge available in the first round and then hope that a good one drops to our second pick. There are several excellent safeties entering free agency, so securing one of them and locking up Dotson would be my main FA priorities.

One thing's for certain- nobody is going to want to face us in this year's playoffs, if we get there, and we could well be an elite team next year.
I agree on corner and Edge being priorities 1A-1B.

The draft is lacking in safeties so, like you said, a free agent would be best.

You are right on the money.

Last edited: