CBS Panel: Rams Worst Team For Fantasy FB Purposes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Dave Richard, Jamey Eisenberg and Jamie Erdahl break down the St. Louis Rams from a Fantasy perspective to help you succeed on Draft Day. Eisenberg rates the Rams as the worst team for Fantasy Football purposes.

Watch Rams Fantasy Outlook

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
:censored:
PigFeathers Logo Right.jpg

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Probably pretty reasonable....realize this is for "Fantasy" football nota reflection of the teams win-loss...
1. our best asset is defense...probably ranked pretty high there...but generally D has a low value in FFB
2. as it stands we do not have work horse back - if you are drafting where would rank either Gurley or Mason...at this point you have to assume they split workload (and thus value), you are probably safe grabbing Mason for early season work (but since you can expect that to drop off you aren't going to use a high pick), and safe grabbing Gurley for late season run (but since you do not know when the flip will occur at this point...won't draft him high)
3. None of our receivers have ever broken 1K yards - the up an coming talent is full of questions (injuries and utilization - Quick/Tavon) the best experienced talent would be viewed as being what it is (Britt), besides this is a run first team with Oline questions...
4. our TE are solid but not exciting - if you get Cook you know you will get 7-800yrds and 6-8TD...pretty good, but not top tier, Kendricks at most is a fill in for your primary TE for a bye week...
5. Foles is a big question...question on talent, question on Oline, question on O scheme...even if you think he is the talent from 2013 do you get excited for him here with the other two questions? I like Foles a lot! but in FFB he is at best a backup QB in draft status due to the other items...

Note that I am watching closely to see how Quick is in camp and how Gurley progresses...neither would be top flight pick more of a middle to late round sleeper with high potential assuming standard progress there.

bskrilla

Starter
Probably pretty reasonable....realize this is for "Fantasy" football nota reflection of the teams win-loss...
1. our best asset is defense...probably ranked pretty high there...but generally D has a low value in FFB
2. as it stands we do not have work horse back - if you are drafting where would rank either Gurley or Mason...at this point you have to assume they split workload (and thus value), you are probably safe grabbing Mason for early season work (but since you can expect that to drop off you aren't going to use a high pick), and safe grabbing Gurley for late season run (but since you do not know when the flip will occur at this point...won't draft him high)
3. None of our receivers have ever broken 1K yards - the up an coming talent is full of questions (injuries and utilization - Quick/Tavon) the best experienced talent would be viewed as being what it is (Britt), besides this is a run first team with Oline questions...
4. our TE are solid but not exciting - if you get Cook you know you will get 7-800yrds and 6-8TD...pretty good, but not top tier, Kendricks at most is a fill in for your primary TE for a bye week...
5. Foles is a big question...question on talent, question on Oline, question on O scheme...even if you think he is the talent from 2013 do you get excited for him here with the other two questions? I like Foles a lot! but in FFB he is at best a backup QB in draft status due to the other items...

Note that I am watching closely to see how Quick is in camp and how Gurley progresses...neither would be top flight pick more of a middle to late round sleeper with high potential assuming standard progress there.

Yup. I'd imagine our D will likely be one of the first off the board in most drafts, but apart from that you're looking at a lot of late round flyers that have the potential to hit big (Quick, Gurley, Austin, Britt).

…..

Legend
I don't know a lot about the rosters of the Jags and Raiders but given the knowns I'm not at all surprised.

What we KNOW

Top 10 Fantasy defense
Top 10 Fantasy TE in Jared Cook

outside of that? ALL unproven.

Even if you are in an IDP league, our individual defenders aren't all that, though as a DL (not DE) you gotta give Donald a top billing.

I think we'll change the unknowns this year by adding a value WR and RB

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's not forget kicker in leagues that use them - especially if FGs are worth extra depending on length - although that's another position normally drafted fairly late. But yes, if I still played fantasy football I wouldn't draft a Rams RB or WR early. Cook is a mid-rounder. Even if Foles is at the upper end of what is to be expected he won't be an elite QB for fantasy purposes. That's just not a Fisher system.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Not the way This 'DICK' Jamey Eisenberg Talks!! He's bashing the Team every way possible!:seizure:F--k him!:jerkoff:

…..

Legend
Let's not forget kicker in leagues that use them - especially if FGs are worth extra depending on length.

True, but Greg the Leg is only a legend on Rams message boards and chat forums. Especially considering last years stats and enigmatic misses.

The plain truth is that though Greg can boom them from 50+....... Jeff backed off on taking chances with that. But take that away and assume Greg hit all his field goals, the Rams just don't score enough touchdowns to make their kicker a viable proven option.

None of us would rank Greg the 21'st best kicker in the NFL......but that exactly what ESPN has him ranked for FF purposes

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
These guys don't know shit, even for fantasy purposes.

Brian Quick got hurt. He played with Austin Davis the majority of the time, not the revolving door.

He doesn't know the OL isn't good.

Besides, I had the Rams defense and Tre Mason last year. So screw them!

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I don't know a lot about the rosters of the Jags and Raiders but given the knowns I'm not at all surprised.

What we KNOW

Top 10 Fantasy defense
Top 10 Fantasy TE in Jared Cook

outside of that? ALL unproven.

Even if you are in an IDP league, our individual defenders aren't all that, though as a DL (not DE) you gotta give Donald a top billing.

I think we'll change the unknowns this year by adding a value WR and RB

Cook has been Garbage in fantasy football.

…..

Legend
Cook has been Garbage in fantasy football.

I thought I read this week that even though he has been a disappointment overall, he still scored enough fantasy points to be top 10.

Trust me I did not check. Just assumed what I read was factual,

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
OK now I looked.

ranked 29th

you win but it bolsters the point of the original thread topic.

Rams suck as a FF option.

so lets all root LOUDER and change the perceptions ;-)

Yea unfortunately he's been pretty bad but that could easily be due to playing with back up QBs. Lets hope this can change with a consistent starter in Foles.

Imo the Rams defense has been the only consistent fantasy football option we've had lately. I do think this could change this year though. The only problem is who do you draft? Quick, Britt, Tavon and Bailey can all breakout at WR. Gurley looks the part to be a beast but when does he start and how many carrys are split with Mason? This is what makes the Rams hard for fantasy every year, so many quality players but you cant draft them all and if no one drafts them and they breakout week 1 everyone is putting a waiver in on them the following week lol.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
With the uncertainty surrounding the Rams offense this year I can see how their skill players will be devalued in FF. The Rams defense has been very good to me in FF especially in the later half of the last two seasons.

I only play FF in my work/office pool (12 teams usually). I plan on grabbing the Rams defense in the early mid rounds because they are usually one grabbed up quickly. I will probably take late round flyers on Cook and Mason and I always get GZ with my last pick. I also plan on taking Gurley but I am not sure where he will be ranked. If he flashes this preseason he could move up the draft boards quickly. I always have several Rams on my team just to make it fun and sometimes they end up being pretty good sleeper picks because very few of them get drafted high.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I won the FF league I was in last year and only used the Rams defense a time or two and picked up Zuerline once or twice.

As many have said, the words "Jeff Fisher" and "dynamic offense" usually are not in the same sentence.

Doesn't mean you can't win that way AND THAT'S WHAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT!!!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
From a FF perspective We don't compete at the skill positions.
D And special teams we have a couple options but otherwise we are unproven or haven't performed well enough for anything but depth or emergencies.

iced

given the strength of this team is on defense, its pretty reasonable.

the only offensive options are the running backs, Cook, and Quick really

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
That's fine. Gurley is going pretty high in mock drafts and so is the Rams D. That's about it though. Quick, Mason, and Britt are getting drafted but late. On D, Donald, Laurinaitis,Quinn, Ogletree, and Long often get drafted.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You realize how worried I am about the Rams winning the Fantasy Superbowl?