CB Sidney Jones carted off field at pro day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Thats terrible for him. He was a sure 1st rounder too. Kid possibly lost millions ouch. This is the kinda thing that happens and a good team like the Patriots will land him later in the draft and sit him for a year till hes healthy and end up with a 1st round talent later on.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wonder how far he falls. He is still at least a second or third. Cleveland would have the luxury of using an extra second round pick on him and put him on IR.

I doubt the Rams get a second for Tru but if they did that would be a nice pick for a team that won't be sniffing the Playoffs anyway.

Psycho_X

Legend
From a pure Rams point of view this reduces the good CBs who can step in and play day 1 which makes it that harder for us to land one with our first or second pick in the draft.

For the kid though, talk about heart breaking. But he should still get his payday eventually. And a team will eventually get a bargain drafting him wherever he ends up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd still draft him....he's definitely worth our 4th round pick...

Yeah if they can get him with a round 4 or later pick, sure, I'd be good with them bringing him in. Problem for us is, like @Psycho_X pointed out, we need dudes who can step in this year. Rams are gonna run out of picks tbh, I mean they are probably looking at CB, TE, LB, and Center as primary needs and starting from round 2 that's most of the picks assuming they have value/need, not to mention they might also have a guy from another position fall to them they can't pass on.

Didn't list WR though I probably should have. Just going bare minimum wrt needs, but yeah they gotta be careful this offseason and maximize those picks and the injured types just come with a lot of risk so hard to say.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I mean they are probably looking at CB, TE, LB, and Center as primary needs and starting from round 2 that's most of the picks assuming they have value/need, not to mention they might also have a guy from another position fall to them they can't pass on.
Excellent assumption. 2 CB's....even if the sign Webster.....cause we need to move on from Tru...Great TE class, should be excellent value in the later rounds....more talented than Higbee or Hemingway....Hemingway could be a stud....Need one ILB.....or a stud OLB/DE....just in case Littleton, Hager, and ....whats the other name??? Oh yeah Josh Forrest....Other than Hager, not much faith in those guys.....And center....welp, at LEAST Sean McVay....and this new Snead agree with over 80% of the Rams fans that want to change there....I want a rookie...but understand a need for ....what's the dude from Buffalo? Or Mangold...I like Nick...He seems like a high character guy. But I'll go with Kromers call here...If he wants...his old.... Ryan Groy....not sure why..I mean he's only played a few games as a center...He did grade out well....big dude too....

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we don't trade TruJo, spending our 3rd round pick on Jones could make sense.

We could grab another CB in the 4th round for depth this year, and Jones is our replacement for TruJo next year.

But I said 3rd because, IMO he will be over drafted despite his injury. I doubt he makes it to our 4th.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
What's the prognosis on a ruptured achilles? I ruptured my patella tendon and it will never be the same.