CB McGee placed IR promoted CB Jemea Thomas from PS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://archauthority.com/2014/10/25/st-louis-rams-place-brandon-mcgee-ir-promote-jemea-thomas/

The St. Louis Rams finally made a move Saturday that was seemingly imminent for weeks, placing cornerback Brandon McGee on injured reserve and promoting rookie cornerback Jemea Thomas from the practice squad to fill his roster spot.

The 23-year-old McGee, a fifth-rounder last year, played in only two games this year. He played primarily on special teams in the opener, and then saw his most extensive action of the season in Week 2 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, picking up four tackles while playing the nickelback spot in place of the injured Lamarcus Joyner.

McGee has been held back by a foot injury all season, and he tried to return to practice this week but then re-aggravated it shortly after. It was a bit of a mystery why the Rams didn’t bite the bullet and place him on IR earlier, as McGee had been passed up on the cornerback depth chart by rookie E.J. Gaines and probably would have needed a few weeks of practice to rehabilitate his form before he would ever be able to contribute from scrimmage.

Thomas, a 5-foot-10, 195-pounder, was selected out of Georgia Tech in the sixth round by the New England Patriots this year. He also had a short stint with the Dallas Cowboys following his release by New England. Thomas has been on the Rams’ practice squad since September 19.

The rookie will likely dress on Sunday in Kansas City as an emergency depth guy and special teams contributor, as veterans Trumaine Johnson, who has only gotten scout team work while recovering from an injury suffered in the preseason, and Janoris Jenkins, who missed practice all week after suffering a knee injury, are not likely to suit up. Three rookies–Gaines, Marcus Roberson, and Lamarcus Joyner–are likely to comprise the group of corners who sees action from scrimmage tomorrow.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Worth a try. McGee just hasn't been good when he has played.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I think Jenkins plays. He was in for the second half last week. No way do we roll with 3 rookies.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I thought Thomas showed some potential in college and had interest in him as a late round pick. He has the physical tools.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Worth a try. McGee just hasn't been good when he has played.

Plus McGee can't stay healthy he's like freaking Dan Curley revisited...McGee is even hurt during OTA's one positive about Thomas is his durability, that in itself will be an upgrade over You & Me and Brandon McGee!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
So another PS spot open. Interesting to ponder who that goes to.

Rams0307

The McGee era should come to an end. He's just not a good enough cb to keep for another year.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Well McGee was a liability, anyhow. I too think Jenkins plays. EJ is playing awesome.

Not all bad.

Good thing is Johnson is getting closer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well McGee was a liability, anyhow. I too think Jenkins plays. EJ is playing awesome.

Not all bad.

Good thing is Johnson is getting closer.

I wish he was playing this week.

manmaderam

The one and only
At this point why not pick up Champ Bailey. Hes a little aged, that's true but hes still a free agent and he would give the veteran leadership to the young bucks on the rams. I mean it's just a thought

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Chiefs are gonna try to to jam it down our throats anyway tomorrow. I actually wouldn't be too surprised if JJ and anyone else who is questionable sits this one out. Fisher has shown that he really targets the divisional games in terms of going "all in." Niners next week.