Catching up with ex-Rams DT Jeff Zgonina

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Zgonina

^^^Love this pic.^^^ :snicker:

He earned a Super Bowl ring as a member of the St. Louis Rams in 2000, and also played for the Carolina Panthers, Atlanta Falcons, Indianapolis Colts, Miami Dolphins, and Houston Texans.

Zgonina signed a two-year contract with the St. Louis Rams on March 12, 1997. He played in 15 games in 1997, producing two sacks and 21 tackles. He was released by the Rams on August 21, 1998.

Zgonina re-signed with the Rams on March 27, 1999. He spent four seasons with the Rams, becoming their starting defensive tackle during the 2000 season. He earned a Super Bowl ring in 2000 after St. Louis beat the Tennessee Titans in Super Bowl XXXIV. He was also a member of the 2001 NFC Champion Rams, starting 13 games and playing in Super Bowl XXXVI. He recorded 144 tackles, 10.5 sacks, three forced fumbles, and six fumble recoveries in his second tenure with the Rams.

In 2013, Houston Texans hired Zgonina to become an assistant coach for the defensive line. As an assistant coach for the Texans, he worked closely with defensive line coach/assistant head coach Bill Kollar who was his coach at Purdue University in 1989.[1] In 2016 he became the assistant defensive line coach of the New York Giants under defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo and defensive line coach Patrick Graham.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ng-jeff-zgonina-to-help-coach-defensive-line/

Giants hiring Jeff Zgonina to help coach defensive line
Posted by Darin Gantt on February 12, 2016

82294034.jpg
Getty Images

The Giants added some experience to their coaching staff, with a guy who played in the league for nearly two decades.

According to Alex Marvez of Fox Sports, the Giants are hiring longtime NFL lineman Jeff Zgonina as their assistant defensive line coach.

Zgonina held that same job with the Texans in 2013.

He played in the league for 17 years, doing stints with — take a deep breath here — the Steelers, Panthers, Falcons, Rams, Colts, Dolphins and Texans. He won a Super Bowl with the Rams, and finished his career in Houston.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Remember when Madden said that Jeff Z didn't have ankles... "he has cankles". Because it looked like his calves just connected directly to his feet.

LOLOLOLOLOL

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Remember when Madden said that Jeff Z didn't have ankles... "he has cankles". Because it looked like his calves just connected directly to his feet.

LOLOLOLOLOL
Beat me to it. I was just gonna post "CANKLES!"

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

LOLOLOLOLOL

Oh crap. The doctor told me I had cankles and gave me some penicillin. You mean I could have played 17 years in the NFL instead? ...(n)...oh wait. Never mind.