Case Keenum Excited About Opportunity with St. Louis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
The last handful of days have been a bit of a whirlwind for Case Keenum, moving into his new home in St. Louis earlier this week, and now just a few days later he’s in Abilene. The former Wylie Bulldog came to town for a number of FCA events. In March, the St. Louis Rams acquired Keenum from the Houston Texans. Keenum is familiar with the Rams, having spent some time on the teams roster in 2014. Keenum said he is excited about his opportunity in St. Louis.

Watch Keenum Interview

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It will be Keenum vs. Davis and IMO, Fisher gained respect because Keenum went 2-0 for the Texans albeit one of those games against the Jags, but the other against a playoff team in the Ravens.

Overall, Keenum does have a better arm than Davis and maybe with Cignetti taking more shots down the field arm strength will be an asset for the vertically challenged Keenum!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'm looking forward to seeing Keenum this camp. While it's unlikely, he could give Foles a run for his money. It's not like Foles is a slam dunk QB.

fearsomefour

Legend
Making half a million dollars for more than likey doing nothing have no expectations attached to your salary.....Id be excited too.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I'm excited to see him sit the bench and pat Foles on the back after big plays.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Keenum > Davis as a backup.

But, I don't want either for more than a game or two.

Sick of watching our 2nd and 3rd string QB's during the season.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Unless we do something about our OL, we may be seeing more of Keenum than we might have earlier expected.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
He has always shown flashes, hopefully we can continue to groom him and he never actually has to hit the field this year. In the event he does, I just want him to be ready

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
He does have the tools. I think he just needs more confidence to excel.

GO RAMS!!!!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Some of these replies are spot on...LOL....
Austin Davis did earn my respect, but he kept snatching it away with pick-sixes.....:LOL::notworthy::whistle:

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Some of these replies are spot on...LOL....
Austin Davis did earn my respect, but he kept snatching it away with pick-sixes.....:LOL::notworthy::whistle:

Austin strikes me as a guy who needs to learn when to push and when to back off. It's like he didn't understand on a big drive that every throw doesn't have to win the game.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Austin strikes me as a guy who needs to learn when to push and when to back off. It's like he didn't understand on a big drive that every throw doesn't have to win the game.

True. But, what bothers me is some (not saying you) seem to grade him as if he were an established veteran or something. IMO, he was basically a rookie and looked like one.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True. But, what bothers me is some (not saying you) seem to grade him as if he were an established veteran or something. IMO, he was basically a rookie and looked like one.

Except he wasn't a rookie. Not an established veteran either, but he did have backup experience, all sorts of film room experience, some practice and preseason time, etc.

Don't get me wrong - I was in favor of him staying in longer, getting the playing time when the season was in the dumpster anyway, since there was some chance - small as it is - that he could become a quality starter. And he still could become one. But I'd have to say he's behind Keenum, who looks like he's picked up more in his opportunities to learn. Davis will be there in camp, but if I were going to bet, barring a major injury Keenum will be the backup, not Davis.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Except he wasn't a rookie. Not an established veteran either, but he did have backup experience, all sorts of film room experience, some practice and preseason time, etc.

Don't get me wrong - I was in favor of him staying in longer, getting the playing time when the season was in the dumpster anyway, since there was some chance - small as it is - that he could become a quality starter. And he still could become one. But I'd have to say he's behind Keenum, who looks like he's picked up more in his opportunities to learn. Davis will be there in camp, but if I were going to bet, barring a major injury Keenum will be the backup, not Davis.

Like most, if not all, NFL backups, he probably got little to no reps in-season his first couple years (one of which he was re-signed mid-season) outside of perhaps scout team stuff. And while film room experience and some preseason time is nice, he only played with real bullets firing this year. And some things you simply can't learn and/or improve upon until you experience them.

I don't know what's going to happen in camp. And I don't know how anyone can say that Keenum has picked up more in his opportunities to learn when he has yet to play a down with the team. But, I still say that some grade this kid as if he were some established veteran or something.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.

Like most, if not all, NFL backups, he probably got little to no reps in-season his first couple years (one of which he was re-signed mid-season) outside of perhaps scout team stuff. And while film room experience and some preseason time is nice, he only played with real bullets firing this year. And some things you simply can't learn and/or improve upon until you experience them.

I don't know what's going to happen in camp. And I don't know how anyone can say that Keenum has picked up more in his opportunities to learn when he has yet to play a down with the team. But, I still say that some grade this kid as if he were some established veteran or something.
either way Davis' throwing mechanics suck so unless he fixes that it doesn't matter. grenade thrower