Carson Wentz: 2016 FCS Championship

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That first completion on the 3rd down was damned impressive. Strong throw to the sideline where the db couldn't get it and perfect for the WR.

Nodak

UDFA
Name
Noday
NDSU fan here from Fargo.

Funny thing about this game. Jacksonville State came in very confident. They had only lost one game all season and that was to an Auburn team that they should have beat. NDSU was very used to the pregame routine because it was their 5th straight time playing in the FCS national championship game. Usually the teams mimic how they come out at home and run out as a group so the fans can get a loud cheer going. So NDSU was waiting in the tunnel and seniors were up front near the coach, just like always, so Wentz was standing next to coach Klieman. Meanwhile Jacksonville State was supposed to go on the field first and they just kept straggling out of the other tunnel with no organization. So one of the their players, and I think it either a starting DE or a safety, looks over and sees the whole NDSU team standing there and yells "hey number 11 (Wentz) your gonna be on your a** all day today". One thing you don't want to do is give Carson any more motivation. Klieman said that Wentz had to be physically restrained from running over there and teaching him to open his mouth. This is attitude that he plays with at all times. Basically he is a linebacker playing with quarterback skills. There is no primmadonna in Wentz. Needless to say, the JSU player eventually got his beating that he had coming.

Last edited:

jjab360

Legend

Funny thing about this game. Jacksonville State came in very confident. They had only lost one game all season and that was to an Auburn team that they should have beat. NDSU was very used to the pregame routine because it was their 5th straight time playing in the FCS national championship game. Usually the teams mimic how they come out at home and run out as a group so the fans can get a loud cheer going. So NDSU was waiting in the tunnel and seniors were up front near the coach, just like always, so Wentz was standing next to coach Klieman. Meanwhile Jacksonville State was supposed to go on the field first and they just kept straggling out of the other tunnel with no organization. So one of the their players, and I think it either a starting DE or a safety, looks over and sees the whole NDSU team standing there and yells "hey number 11 (Wentz) your gonna be on your a** all day today". One thing you don't want to do is give Carson any more motivation. Klieman said that Wentz had to be physically restrained from running over there and teaching him to open his mouth. This is attitude that he plays with at all times. Basically he is a linebacker playing with quarterback skills. There is no primmadonna in Wentz. Needless to say, the JSU player eventually got his beating that he had coming.
People keep saying we need to draft Goff because he's a California kid, but Wentz is the one with the real L.A. personality imo. The more I hear about this guy, the more I can't wait to see him in horns.

Hard Knocks is gonna be a trip.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Welcome Aboard! Stick around, you'll find this a nice Forum!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hard Knocks is gonna be a trip.

Truth. Cannot effin wait to see this team come together with a new QB. I don't think I have ever been this geeked for a season.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Truth. Cannot effin wait to see this team come together with a new QB. I don't think I have ever been this geeked for a season.
Ditto! Does anyone out-their in ROD-Land know the starting date of 'Hard Knocks'!?:football:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Brock Jensen was a stud for ND State, and cant get a whiff in the NFL. How is Wentz that much better that not only can he play in the NFL, but be the #1 pick overall?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ditto! Does anyone out-their in ROD-Land know the starting date of 'Hard Knocks'!?:football:

August 9th. It is an easy date to remember because it is my Birthday. So whenever you try to recall what day it starts, just say 'Oh yeah, it starts on Elmgrovegnome's birthday!"

Seriously though. It has to be some kind of omen right?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
August 9th. It is an easy date to remember because it is my Birthday. So whenever you try to recall what day it starts, just say 'Oh yeah, it starts on Elmgrovegnome's birthday!"

Seriously though. It has to be some kind of omen right?
Gotch-ya! Now I can't forget either one!!:yay::D

Brock Jensen was a stud for ND State, and cant get a whiff in the NFL. How is Wentz that much better that not only can he play in the NFL, but be the #1 pick overall?
You can't teach 6'5" almost 6'6 or 237lbs. Brock didn't have the arm strength Carson has either.

Nodak

UDFA
Name
Noday
Brock will always be a legend at NDSU. And yeah, it was mostly an arm strength issue on deep balls. He's doing quite well however. I believe he will be the backup this year for the Ottawa CFL team with the opportunity to take over next year. Carson was just a little bit better at all the technical aspects of the position. Brock was incredible on game days. Watch highlights of the NDSU win over Kansas state in 2013. People like to say NDSU couldn't play with the big boys, but they spotted the defending Big 12 champs 22 scholarships and played on their home field in 100 degree heat, and ground them into hamburger at the end. Only 3 losing seasons in the past 50 years. That's the tradition that Carson had to uphold. And people say he never played under pressure.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brock will always be a legend at NDSU. And yeah, it was mostly an arm strength issue on deep balls. He's doing quite well however. I believe he will be the backup this year for the Ottawa CFL team with the opportunity to take over next year. Carson was just a little bit better at all the technical aspects of the position. Brock was incredible on game days. Watch highlights of the NDSU win over Kansas state in 2013. People like to say NDSU couldn't play with the big boys, but they spotted the defending Big 12 champs 22 scholarships and played on their home field in 100 degree heat, and ground them into hamburger at the end. Only 3 losing seasons in the past 50 years. That's the tradition that Carson had to uphold. And people say he never played under pressure.
Its just amazing that just that little difference in talent means the difference between being a back up in Canada and the 1st overall pick in the NFL Draft (potentially)
Brock lost only 2 games in 3 seasons, winning 3 Nat Championships
Wentz lost twice last year in 7 games. Lol

jjab360

Legend
Its just amazing that just that little difference in talent means the difference between being a back up in Canada and the 1st overall pick in the NFL Draft (potentially)
Brock lost only 2 games in 3 seasons, winning 3 Nat Championships
Wentz lost twice last year in 7 games. Lol
I can't speak on why Jensen is where he is, but some guys just project better to the pros and Wentz projects damn near perfectly.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't speak on why Jensen is where he is, but some guys just project better to the pros and Wentz projects damn near perfectly.
Agree. And he backed it up at the Senior bowl and the combine. Absolutely worth the risk but can't deny that only 1 full year as a starter doesn't carry a shroud of doubt. That carries doubt regardless of the level of play.

Nodak

UDFA
Name
Noday
Wentz - had to wait his turn behind the guy who led the team to 3 national championships, is the all-time leader in FCS wins, and is cashing paychecks in pro football.

Goff - Had to beat out Zach Kline, who transferred to FCS doormat Indiana State and watched his team lose to NDSU while he stood on the sidelines.

Go Cal!

Last edited: