Cardinals Head Coach Bruce Arians – Conference Call – September 28, 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cardinals Head Coach Bruce Arians – Conference Call – September 28, 2016

(On what has led to a slow start for Arizona in the last couple of games)
“It’s dropped balls; just not converting third down like we normally do.”

(On the play of QB Carson Palmer)
“Carson has been very solid. He didn’t have an interception until the fourth quarter the other day, when he was trying to force some things down the field. But, he’s been extremely solid for us.”

(On if QB Carson Palmer has been better this year, in comparison to years in the past)
“Yeah, I’ve been so familiar. That’s one of the things that’s a little bit disturbing, because we’ve had some miscommunication with the receivers. But, it’s more on the receivers than it is on him.”

(On his impression of the Rams defensive line these last few games)
“It’s been more than the last few games; it’s been the last few years. They’re outstanding; probably one of the best, just straight foursomes, that there is in the game right now. You got two complete game wreckers, and two really, really good players.”

(On his thoughts about DE Robert Quinn)
“It looks like he’s back to himself, full speed. He handles the run as well as the pass, but he’s just a tremendous player coming off that edge.”

(On his thoughts about DT Aaron Donald)
“Same thing; when you have a game wrecker up the middle, and a game wrecker off the edge, that’s probably as good of pair you can have. Aaron is a high-motor guy, strong, can blow up the running game. Obviously, he puts a lot of pressure in the middle of the pocket. So, it’s a great challenge for our offensive line.”

(On what he knows about RB Todd Gurley now, that he wishes he would’ve known last season)
“[There’s] probably nothing that we didn’t know. Coming out of Georgia, we didn’t know how healthy he was when he played against us. But, he was obviously healthy. Loved him coming out of Georgia, had a high, high grade on him. Nothing he’s done has surprised me, because I thought he was a top first-round pick”

(On how QB Carson Palmer has handled his injuries and other adversities over the years)
“I don’t know if there’s a more resilient guy that I’ve ever coached. He takes the bad, and just looks it in the eye with a smile and a smirk, and says, ‘Hey, bring it on.’ You love that in your quarterback and your leader. Doesn’t point fingers, just goes to work, and a tireless preparation guy.”

(On if the end of last season was a motivation for QB Carson Palmer going into this season)
“There was motivation for all of us, because that ending of last season was a 53-man roster and a coaching staff that stunk.”

(On if he sees anything different in LB Alec Ogletree playing middle linebacker, in comparison to weak-side linebacker)
“Same guy; runs fast, hits hard, he’s a perfect Mike linebacker for that system, because of his speed, and he can hang on the pass, and then still make up for it on the run. I always thought he’d be a great Mike in that system.”

(On if he’s had the change the plan of attack for RB David Johnson)
“He’s fun to have, because he can do so many things, whether it be running the football, receiving it coming out of the backfield, or just lining up out wide. You try to create things where you can get a match-up that you really like each week with him in space, or just let him pound the ball.”

(On how impressed he’s been with S Tyrann Mathieu coming back from a season-ending injury last year)
“He thought the second time, mentally, was easier for him. He’s getting close to being his old self. He made a play the other day. I know he’s back when he picks it up and scores, because he’s the only guy I know that can make that play. I was shocked when he didn’t pick it up and score. But he’s getting closer, and closer to his old self. Great kid, a tireless worker.”

(On if there’s anything different in QB Case Keenum’s performance as a Ram, than when he played for Houston)
“No, I liked him then. He had a solid game against us. You see him getting more comfortable week-to-week now with his guys. Obviously, they had success in Tampa. I think they’re trying to build on that. It’s going to be a great chore for our defense.”

(On if it’s possible to overestimate the importance of having a consistent long snapper)
“No. I promise you, you don’t.”

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Neither Arrians nor Palmer underestimate the Rams, unlike the legion of internet trash tv talking heads.

jap

Legend
Neither Arrians nor Palmer underestimate the Rams, unlike the legion of internet trash tv talking heads.

I will leave Carson alone because I like him. However, we have records of every single unholy crap that spilled out of Arians' mouth about our Horns over the past two years. We remember him calling us an 8-8 team after they beat us up late in 2014, which really hurt because we were actually a 7-9 team. We want to clobber his team so bad, he will afterward have to genuflect every single time he calls us by name.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I will leave Carson alone because I like him. However, we have records of every single unholy crap that spilled out of Arians' mouth about our Horns over the past two years. We remember him calling us an 8-8 team after they beat us up late in 2014, which really hurt because we were actually a 7-9 team. We want to clobber his team so bad, he will afterward have to genuflect every single time he calls us by name.
As far as i'm concerned the payback(for lack of a better term) for Arians' chicken shit post game comments after a 6 point win in 2014 was settled the very next meeting when the Rams took em out in their house last year. Fisher's Rams answered that bell.

I think there's some mutual respect now between the two coaches...where there was obviously none before from fat boy. I will say this from my readings of Cards fans...even before the slow start this season, there's a growing number of them starting to tire of his mouth and stubborn bravado bullshit. "Please just STFU and keep winning."

jap

Legend
It would be nice if there is actual respect coming from Arians. Nevertheless, he is the coach of a divisional rival, and we are professionally obligated to kick their butts anyway. We need to do something to free up the Gurley Man---our offensive scheme thus far is way too easy for good defenses to attack.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
It would be nice if there is actual respect coming from Arians. Nevertheless, he is the coach of a divisional rival, and we are professionally obligated to kick their butts anyway. We need to do something to free up the Gurley Man---our offensive scheme thus far is way too easy for good defenses to attack.
Not sure why they stopped using Tavon to free up Gurly.Was deadly last year.