Can Cashman get some Kudos?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Astros get Cole for less than what the Yankees were offering. I love it.
Really hope the Yankees aren’t in on Darvish. If they were going to spend big $$ on a fa pitcher, I’d rather kick the tires on Arrieta.
Or in a trade scenario, I’d go for Archer.
Wish they could trade Ellsbury, reports are that they would eat half that contract. Is he worth 11 mill a year to somebody?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Astros get Cole for less than what the Yankees were offering. I love it.
Really hope the Yankees aren’t in on Darvish. If they were going to spend big $$ on a fa pitcher, I’d rather kick the tires on Arrieta.
Or in a trade scenario, I’d go for Archer.
Wish they could trade Ellsbury, reports are that they would eat half that contract. Is he worth 11 mill a year to somebody?

I don’t think eating half of Elsbury’s contract is going to be enough to entice a trade.

I think that Cashman got tired of the Pirates demands. They pushed too hard and Cashman completely walked away. So the Pirates got what they could. I read that they Yankees were trying to work a deal with Frazier or Adams as the main piece, but not both together. The Pirates wanted Frazier and Andujar but he wouldn’t do it.

Cashman took Andujar, Torres, Sheffield and Florisl off the table right off. It tells you which prospects he thinks are must valuable.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Cubs blew this one, Darvish can't pitch in post season, he vomits when the spotlight is on him...Huge mistake by the Cubs.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wish they would sign Cobb or someone similar. The last I read was they are monitoring what is going on with Lance Lynn. Odd because they had no interest in him until now

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wish they would sign Cobb or someone similar. The last I read was they are monitoring what is going on with Lance Lynn. Odd because they had no interest in him until now
I heard they were asking about Oderizzi. I’d like that. Lynn? Not so much

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah Lynn doesn’t excite me either. If they can’t unload Elsbury then a guy like Lynn is all they can fit under the luxury tax threshold

Don't sell Lynn short. He's a two-hundred-inning pitcher. He has the ability to alter his fastball, overpower hitters, make it sink. He has a workable two-seam fastball and a cutter as well. Add in the fact that he had just come off of Tommy John surgery and was still one of our best pitchers, and you might have a bargain if you sign Lynn.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't sell Lynn short. He's a two-hundred-inning pitcher. He has the ability to alter his fastball, overpower hitters, make it sink. He has a workable two-seam fastball and a cutter as well. Add in the fact that he had just come off of Tommy John surgery and was still one of our best pitchers, and you might have a bargain if you sign Lynn.
He was a 200 inning pitcher. Before tommy John. He’s gonna cost 15 mill per which seems pretty high for 30+ guy
He’s decent but with Yanks commiting to Shane Green as a starter, Lynn would make 7.
Not a fan

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was a 200 inning pitcher. Before tommy John. He’s gonna cost 15 mill per which seems pretty high for 30+ guy
He’s decent but with Yanks commiting to Shane Green as a starter, Lynn would make 7.
Not a fan

The Yanks aren't committing to Chad Green as a starter. He'll work as a starter in spring training, but he will almost definitely end up in the pen unless he's utterly dominant. Unless he's significantly changed, he's better suited for the pen (and can be dominant there).

But if they can get Lance Lynn on a short-term deal, I'd give him a shot. Frankly, I'd have rather had him than C.C., and I respect what C.C. has done, but eventually, that guy is going to breakdown. It won't be pretty when that happens.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Yanks aren't committing to Chad Green as a starter. He'll work as a starter in spring training, but he will almost definitely end up in the pen unless he's utterly dominant. Unless he's significantly changed, he's better suited for the pen (and can be dominant there).

But if they can get Lance Lynn on a short-term deal, I'd give him a shot. Frankly, I'd have rather had him than C.C., and I respect what C.C. has done, but eventually, that guy is going to breakdown. It won't be pretty when that happens.

Lance Lynn is a fly ball pitcher. That usually is bad news in Yankee stadium. I keep wondering about these reports. Supposedly they were interested in Odorizzi, and he is a fly ball pitcher too. So far it doesn't look like they can move Elsbury, so unless they part with Gardner or Hicks they will be signing a reclamation project or roll with Adams, Cessa, and German. With all of the Steinbrenners money it is going to suck if they miss the world series because they were one good starter short. I get the luxury tax thing but what is one more year? They have a lot of money coming off the books next year. C.C., Texas, A-Rod....and with Stanton in uniform it is less likely they go after any of the Big free agent outfielders. If Andujar pans out they may even forget about Machado next year. At least they appear to be set up for the next few years. There are lots of good minor league pitchers coming up. If one turns hits their ceiling like Severino, they should be set. I am not a big believer in Chance Adams but in Sheffield I am. I like Montgomery a lot too. I think he keeps improving. With extra money and a good farm they will figure out the rest of it.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Lance Lynn is a fly ball pitcher. That usually is bad news in Yankee stadium. I keep wondering about these reports. Supposedly they were interested in Odorizzi, and he is a fly ball pitcher too. So far it doesn't look like they can move Elsbury, so unless they part with Gardner or Hicks they will be signing a reclamation project or roll with Adams, Cessa, and German. With all of the Steinbrenners money it is going to suck if they miss the world series because they were one good starter short. I get the luxury tax thing but what is one more year? They have a lot of money coming off the books next year. C.C., Texas, A-Rod....and with Stanton in uniform it is less likely they go after any of the Big free agent outfielders. If Andujar pans out they may even forget about Machado next year. At least they appear to be set up for the next few years. There are lots of good minor league pitchers coming up. If one turns hits their ceiling like Severino, they should be set. I am not a big believer in Chance Adams but in Sheffield I am. I like Montgomery a lot too. I think he keeps improving. With extra money and a good farm they will figure out the rest of it.
Lance Lynn’s peripherals scare the crap out of me. I know he’s been a decent pitcher for a while but I fear the wheels are going to come off soon. I’m not a Yankees fan, but how come they aren’t considering Adam Warren as a 5th starter? I know his value is greater out of the pen but he’s had success in his 21 career starts. I think Odorizzi would have been worth trading for at the relative bargain Minnesota got. I don’t know a lot about Chance Adams but I feel like he’s worth considering for the first half, and then making a trade if he doesn’t work out.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Drury is a solid pick up for the Yankees. Provides insurance for Torres and he still has value even if Torres is ready to go because of his flexibility.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Drury is a solid pick up for the Yankees. Provides insurance for Torres and he still has value even if Torres is ready to go because of his flexibility.

I liked that trade. They gave up very little for him too. Solar looks to have a future but he will be blocked by Torres, and or Wade .

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Lance Lynn’s peripherals scare the crap out of me. I know he’s been a decent pitcher for a while but I fear the wheels are going to come off soon. I’m not a Yankees fan, but how come they aren’t considering Adam Warren as a 5th starter? I know his value is greater out of the pen but he’s had success in his 21 career starts. I think Odorizzi would have been worth trading for at the relative bargain Minnesota got. I don’t know a lot about Chance Adams but I feel like he’s worth considering for the first half, and then making a trade if he doesn’t work out.

I think Warren is worth a shot. Adams is a highly rated prospect but he has too many holes. He walks a lot of batters and can be inconsistent. I really thought they would be able to trade him with some other prospects this winter.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, so much for more rookie excitement. Cushman traded for Drury to play third and Walker to play second. I am not buying that the kids could still win starting jobs. Tyler Wade has played well this winter. Torres looked very rusty according to Axisa. He has been sent down. Andujar has played well. Trading for Brandon Drury likely means that he is Scranton bound. I am a bit disappointed, because he can really hit. I am not so surprised about Torres. He hasn't even played a full year in AAA. Maybe they will both be back but Neil Walker is a good major Featherstone baseman and Brandon Drury is a good third baseman. I guess it is insurance for possibly slow rookie starts.

Florial is an electric player, but he is still struggling with any pitch that bends. I hope he gets it figured out. He will be fun to watch in a few years.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, so much for more rookie excitement. Cushman traded for Drury to play third and Walker to play second. I am not buying that the kids could still win starting jobs. Tyler Wade has played well this winter. Torres looked very rusty according to Axisa. He has been sent down. Andujar has played well. Trading for Brandon Drury likely means that he is Scranton bound. I am a bit disappointed, because he can really hit. I am not so surprised about Torres. He hasn't even played a full year in AAA. Maybe they will both be back but Neil Walker is a good major Featherstone baseman and Brandon Drury is a good third baseman. I guess it is insurance for possibly slow rookie starts.

Florial is an electric player, but he is still struggling with any pitch that bends. I hope he gets it figured out. He will be fun to watch in a few years.
Torres was a long shot to start the year in the majors because of service time. Andujar started out the spring hot but has been cold lately. Drury is a great pickup and I think will be a huge surprise for them this year
Neil Walker pickup is crazy. Crazy that he’d be available for so cheap. We’ll see Andujar and Torres this summer

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Torres was a long shot to start the year in the majors because of service time. Andujar started out the spring hot but has been cold lately. Drury is a great pickup and I think will be a huge surprise for them this year
Neil Walker pickup is crazy. Crazy that he’d be available for so cheap. We’ll see Andujar and Torres this summer

It looks likely that we won't see them until September call ups, barring injury to Drury or Walker. I like both Walker and Drury. They are good fits. It's just being a longtime minor league follower, and rooting for prospects along each level, I get excited and impatient when I know that the Yankees finally have some legitimate mlb players in the farm system that have reached AAA. It's not a total loss in that regard though. I live an hour from Scranton. It should be a good season to see some more high quality prospects play at AAA. I took my son several times to see Sanchez and Judge. He loved it. It gets him more excited to watch the NY Yankees now too because he knows and has rooted for those two.

Years ago, I got the Yankees magazine for all of the minor league info. That was before the internet was around. I used to order shirts from some of the minor league affiliates. I drove to Harrisburg to watch Bernie Williams. He stood out from everyone on both teams. He was huge and easily the best athlete on the field. I remember thinking that Domingo Jean was a much better prospect than Mariano Rivera. Ill never tire of following team development.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Speaking of prospects, I really hope that Yairo Munoz makes the Cards roster as a super-sub. He has the bat to profile everywhere, and he's played all positions except for catcher and pitcher.