Bucs Hire Lovie Smith

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

As per Glazer.

Great job by them he had a great record in Chicago and will have success again, good for him. Tedford will be his OC who has had some success coaching QB's

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This makes me smile. He is a good man who never deserved to lose his job. Especially to a CFL guy. I'm glad he can go to a place that will fit his scheme. Good luck to him

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Appears done now:
Lovie Smith has reached an agreement to become the next head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, sources told ESPN.

The former Chicago Bears coach will replace the ousted Greg Schiano on a four-year deal, according to sources.

There is a fifth-year option for Smith at the team's control, a source said.

Smith met with the Glazier family Tuesday and was offered the job, according to sources. Talks for a contract extended until Wednesday when a deal was reached in the evening.

Terms of the contract weren't known, but sources said Smith is expected to make in excess of $5 million a year.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10229285/lovie-smith-tampa-bay-buccaneers-reach-agreement

RFIP

This makes me smile. He is a good man who never deserved to lose his job. Especially to a CFL guy. I'm glad he can go to a place that will fit his scheme. Good luck to him

One of the two biggest coach firing injustices I can remember. The other, Marty getting canned after going 12-4 in SD.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great hire. He'll have that defense in the top 10 next year. Now, will the offense and Glennon get it done?

RFIP

Think they could be an option to trade up?

I think they'd give Glennon a shot as he did pretty well this year (19/9) but then again when a new coach comes in and he didn't bring the QB with him you just never know.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Imagine him and Lavonte David. He can turn him into an even bigger beast. And I agree that Marty was a bullshit firing as well, two great guys undeserving of that fate.

moklerman

Warner-phile
They have a pretty good nucleus on offense already with Glennon, VJ and...dang, can't remember their RB who got hurt early but he's good and their o-line is pretty good too. They continued to run the ball pretty well even though the team was struggling.

duckhunter

Starter
I think they'd give Glennon a shot as he did pretty well this year (19/9) but then again when a new coach comes in and he didn't bring the QB with him you just never know.

He's got a rocket for a arm.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I don't know that I would want to send Clowney to that D with Lovie as the coach.

iced

so glad the bucs hired him - there's our clowney partner. Bucs need help desperately on the edge and Lovie likes some big, nasty 4-3 players (Peppers), especially with his defense being predicated on getting pressure with the front 4.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
Tampa is going back to the early 2000's again with the Cover 2 scheme....Very good hire for Tampa. He's one of the very few coordinators to turn into a good head coach.