Broncos fans start petition to ban CBS' Phil Simms from Broncos broadcasts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
SBNation-
4fa40f5cc5a4cb7e576d0b12ef5c1523

It's gotten that bad.

Denver Broncos fans have dealt with the perceived bias of CBS analyst Phil Simms for years. I've always tolerated it - fans often claim an analyst or ref is biased, and being an objective color commentator is difficult when you're rooting for close games.

But now that Denver has Peyton Manning, and the Broncos are ratings juggernauts, CBS has decided to make them their afternoon game featuring their #1 crew of Jim Nantz and Simms virtually every week. It's all Simms, all the time.

And it's torture for Broncos fans.

It appears Simms is truly unable to call a fair, unbiased game when the Broncos play. Virtually every penalty or near-penalty or close call under review in Sunday's Chiefs victory provided Simms a soapbox to argue in Kansas City's favor. Even when the refs reviewed a call in Denver's favor, Simms still disagreed. It came off whiny and, yes, biased.

The words, "I don't mean to root against Denver, but..." even came out of his mouth. When you have to justify your next sentence with that type of disclaimer... you're rooting against Denver.

"The People of Denver" have spoken and started a petition on Change.org to have Simms banned from Broncos games. It received nearly 100 signatures in its first five minutes. As of Monday morning, the petition has over 3,000 signatures. Their goal is 5,000 signatures.

Petition by

The People Of Denver

We do not know why he is assigned to the Broncos games every year. It is sure and complete torture for Bronco Fans to have to listen to his biased drivel every week. Please sign this petition so our voice can be heard. We are tired of Phil Simms in Denver!

If you'd like to sign the petition, click here. Enough of Simms' bias ruining Broncos games for Broncos fans.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Can we do that for Dick Stockton? That guy has had a great career, but now he's just brutal.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Lol, Change.org . So they are petitioning the White House to get rid of Simms? Let me know how that goes for you Denver. I'm sure Obama really cares who calls your games.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Wait till you hear him broadcasting Giants games, it's comically biased.

jjab360

Legend
Lol these people couldn't survive as Rams fans. They have one announcer who isn't hugging their nuts and they go crazy and start a petition. Every game I saw on NFL Network last night had about 4 minutes of highlights and all types of analysis. Rams win and all the highlights they get is a field goal.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I was very, very impressed with Morrison. This has to be his first season in the booth and he did a fantastic job.
Really? I thought he was just okay... But I've kind of gotten to the point that I don't really expect any great broadcasting to be on the Rams games.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Yeah I waited 40 minutes to see the highlights on NFL network and after ever game they reviewed they cut to the pressers or a locker room interview after a comprehensive featurw of the game
For the Rams - a field goal and Mike Evans fuck up and then that was it
No mention of Austin Davis - they didn't even comment on TJ's hit
Weak

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I would like to start a petition to put Chris Collinsworth on all Whiner games
Chris has a hard time hiding his dislike for frisco. He was quite enjoyable last night.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Kenny, Moose and Goose are the best. By FAR.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'd like to start a petition to have him banned from broadcasting on my Madden 15 franchise. Even when Bradford was injured and Keenum would trot out for me he would say "here comes a young man closing in on elite status". SERIOUSLY?

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Off topic: Have you decided which way you're going on Thursday? (Assuming you are going to vote).

No. As in, I haven't decided. I was the biggest no going till a few months ago and now I'm genuinely struggling to decide. Heart says yes, head says no. It'll be a decision I'll make at the ballot box and will subsequently immediately regret.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Really? I thought he was just okay... But I've kind of gotten to the point that I don't really expect any great broadcasting to be on the Rams games.
I enjoy Mortensen and Ryan. At least they know the Rams players.

Chris use to be on a sports talk show here in so cal. He would often talk about the Rams. As if he was a fan.
Ryan as well. (On serius radio)

AnarchyRam

Rookie
I remember hearing Simms say "I'm not rooting for the chiefs here" or something. But wow, bronco fans got no idea how bad it could be.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
lol online petitions don't work. At all. Waste of time.

Just tune them out, low volume; laugh at their silliness. Who cares what they say as long as your team plays well? Any fan can form their own opinion.