Brian Baldinger's Mock Draft: Day 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Think we gotta wait and see how Everett looks next year. If he ends up giving this offense the impact TE it needs, that pick will be hard to beat.

Kinda pi$$ed at Everett right now, but the fact remains it's tough for these guys to make big impacts year one. Let's wait and see how he looks after another camp and offseason.
I’m the same man... I was mad at Kupp for a bit but got over it.

Everett really is in my dog house. Idk what happened to him. Was it just me but didn’t he look promising like weeks 1-5? It seems like the last 5 weeks he’s crap and he’s sliding down into Cook territory for me. I know rookie TE’s take 2-3 years etc. but ffs how does it seem like he relapsed this bad throughout the season?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Everett really is in my dog house. Idk what happened to him. Was it just me but didn’t he look promising like weeks 1-5? It seems like the last 5 weeks he’s crap and he’s sliding down into Cook territory for me. I know rookie TE’s take 2-3 years etc. but ffs how does it seem like he relapsed this bad throughout the season?

Yeah it's disappointing because I figured with McVay's history with TEs and all the guy would be able to come on down the stretch late in the season. But it never happened. And worse is that the TE position overall has underwhelmed given McVay's history with Washington. So I think that the unit will eventually get there, but obviously it won't be this year which is too bad. Because we could have used some TE badassedness in this playoffs to help give us an edge.

What's messed up is I didn't like the pick when it happened, but warmed to it very much after seeing him in camp. Where he did indeed look promising.

Good thing here is McVay knows what he's doing, and especially with the TE position. So who knows, maybe they'll surprise us in the playoffs.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Yeah it's disappointing because I figured with McVay's history with TEs and all the guy would be able to come on down the stretch late in the season. But it never happened. And worse is that the TE position overall has underwhelmed given McVay's history with Washington. So I think that the unit will eventually get there, but obviously it won't be this year which is too bad. Because we could have used some TE badassedness in this playoffs to help give us an edge.

What's messed up is I didn't like the pick when it happened, but warmed to it very much after seeing him in camp. Where he did indeed look promising.

Good thing here is McVay knows what he's doing, and especially with the TE position. So who knows, maybe they'll surprise us in the playoffs.

You know I feel the same way. I think a part of that was due to Higbee playing better during the season. That could have stunted his growth a bit (if you will). I would like to see better tight end play next season. If Hemingway is as good as advertised, maybe he can be a difference maker.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think a part of that was due to Higbee playing better during the season.

Yeah Higs did improve greatly, but most of his improvement was in the run game and you can see it translated in the run game in the second half of the season where he made some great blocks and contributions. In the pass, well, at least he's come on a bit of late, so maybe he'll be that guy who gives us a boost in the playoffs idk. Would be nice to see someone in that room step up though, because another matchup problem vs a defense like Minnesota's would be a huge improvement over the last game we played up there.

Re: Hemingway... He just seems like a longshot to me. I know McVay liked what he saw with the group overall in terms of long athletes when he first came in, but Hem was so raw when they drafted him, not to mention this year's injury, that I'm not going to put any hope in him.

The position overall has just been very disappointing. It's a tough one to translate to the NFL, too, so maybe next year. But I do have to admit I keep hoping they'll step it up, even unlikely as it seems now that the playoffs are here.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!

You know I feel the same way. I think a part of that was due to Higbee playing better during the season. That could have stunted his growth a bit (if you will). I would like to see better tight end play next season. If Hemingway is as good as advertised, maybe he can be a difference maker.

Totally agree with you guys.Im glad Higbee has stepped up. Hopefully Everett will next year in his second year and we will have universal TE’s.

I really think McVay loves that TE from Ol Miss last year and he really wanted him.