Brennan Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
He was released by the Texans. A former third round pick who I liked coming out of North Carolina. Anybody know why he was cut? Injuries? If healthy I wouldn't mind bringing him in. Can never have enough linemen.

Alan

Legend
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000367044/article/brennan-williams-released-by-houston-texans
Brennan Williams released by Houston Texans
  • _Hanzus_2-65x90.jpg

• By Dan Hanzus
  • Around the League Writer
  • Published: July 21, 2014 at 06:06 p.m.
  • Updated: July 21, 2014 at 08:23 p.m.

The Houston Texans have released offensive tackle Brennan Williams.

Williams, the 89th overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, was waived with the failed physical designation on Monday,according to ESPN Boston. Williams didn't play a snap as a rookie after undergoing microfracture surgery on his knee.

Texans general manager Rick Smith would probably pay good money to mind erase last year's third round. The team's other pick in the third, defensive end Sam Montgomery, was released in October after violating team rules at a hotel in Kansas City.

The reasons behind Williams' release are far less salacious. Still, parting ways with two top 100 picks in a year represents a significant organizational failure.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Man, he had knee trouble in college his last year. I like Bond a bunch...Like Florida St., I used to look at UNC as having a bunch of future pros...