Breaking news in Pats investigation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
And I'm sure he acted on is own accord, with no input from brady or bellycheat.

The funny part of all this, is the stupor bowl will probably get more viewers than ever, just rooting against the bad guy, or the heel as they call them in wrestling.
THINK I'LL WATCH THE COMMERCIAALS

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Just read part of piece where Kraft says the Cheatriots are owed an apology if nothing is found...Geez, I thought there was already PLENTY found...They just won't pin it on anybody but a small potatoes guy...It really does all start at the top, doesn't it...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
A question that always makes a bit uncomfortable, but did they even check the pressure in the Colts' balls ???

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A question that always makes a bit uncomfortable, but did they even check the pressure in the Colts' balls ???

In order to be fair, they even made the Colts turn their heads and cough...

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
The fact that those lowlifes are in the Big Game after being caught again is unreal! The NFL had a chance and they blew it.

I am hosting a Superbowl party and I am not watching the game. I love football; It will be on in another room for those who are interested, but I will choose to enjoy time with friends and family over a rigged game!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't watched much TV lately with stuff happening irl. I'd left the TV on the NFL Network. So, I turn on the TV and the Super Bowl coverage is on...

Well, I just sort of smirk because they are paying as much attention to the fact that Marshawn Lynch said "I'm only here so I don't get fined..." TWENTY BY GOD SEVEN TIMES! as they did to New England's cheating (I hereby resolve to cease and desist from referring to this matter as Deflategate... no reason for everyone to look foolish in all of this...)

Anyway, I'm sort of tuning it out and all of a sudden the wife just starts going off!

"You mean they REALLY are letting them play in the Super Bowl?"

"Yes, hon."

"Well, that's just so wrong! Look what they're teaching kids. On the biggest stage in the world, it's okay to cheat. I just don't think that's right."

"I know, hon. And it's Super Bowl Sunday. Short of a terrorist attack or a natural disaster, they're not going to postpone this game for anything. They'll probably just blame that locker room guy and fine the team."

"It's cheating and it's wrong."

"I know..."

I hadn't wanted to watch, but now I'm morbidly drawn to the game in a way... because New England just can't win. It would validate all those years of OPENLY cheating and calling it rule violation.

Well, the Patriots can call it rule violations like Darren Sharper can call it "dating". Neither makes it so...

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ok, 90 seconds to deflate 11 footballs exactly the same? Impossible for one person to do in such a short period of time. You couldn't take them out of a bag, randomly deflate them, and put them back in the bag in no where near that time. But that is besides the point. Why aren't we talking about the fact that, if you watch game film, no one is reacting to the fact that under-inflated balls are being used. I mean the Center doesn't give the refs or teammates a sideways glance?? The refs don't squeeze the ball a little and have a little huddle? The WRs or TEs don't get up from a catch, look at the ball with a puzzled glance, and say WTF? The RBs, who squeeze the ball every time they touch it, don't stare down at the ball before they drop it to the turf after the play? The ball boys on the sidelines who were drying the things off all day don't notice a thing different? Really? Come on man! The fix is in and has been for weeks.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
90 seconds is plenty of time assuming each teams balls are in seperate bags. No one said they were all exactly deflated the same amount other than by 2 lbs each. It can be interpreted there is wiggle room after the decimal. All the ball boy has to be proficient at is knowing the amount of time it takes to deflate it. That's really not that hard.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ok, 90 seconds to deflate 11 footballs exactly the same? Impossible for one person to do in such a short period of time. You couldn't take them out of a bag, randomly deflate them, and put them back in the bag in no where near that time. But that is besides the point. Why aren't we talking about the fact that, if you watch game film, no one is reacting to the fact that under-inflated balls are being used. I mean the Center doesn't give the refs or teammates a sideways glance?? The refs don't squeeze the ball a little and have a little huddle? The WRs or TEs don't get up from a catch, look at the ball with a puzzled glance, and say WTF? The RBs, who squeeze the ball every time they touch it, don't stare down at the ball before they drop it to the turf after the play? The ball boys on the sidelines who were drying the things off all day don't notice a thing different? Really? Come on man! The fix is in and has been for weeks.
Actually for you or I it may not be terribly easy, but if the balls are segragated which I'm sure they are you roll them out on the ground needle handy and are PRACTICED, it's apparent there isn't enough time to do 12 though

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA

pretty easy to do...90 sec is forever. (the pats balls and the colts balls aren't mixed...so he just has the pats ball - I also assume the kicking balls are segragated in seperate bag)...pull ball use:
http://www.anthem-sports.com/Tachik...term=A94-105&gclid=CJvSzdv9tsMCFUsR7Aodnx8AhA
pull next ball do the same...put balls back...not sure how he missed last ball unless in rush or was stupid enough to pull ball and put it back in 1 at a time....

I agree one of the things not mentioned is that if the balls were lower than the team expected wanted (especially brady) you would think he would say something immediately. The balls are supposedly conditioned specific to the QB. if it was lower pressure than "expected" you would think QB would immediately bring it up....

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
It’s easy to quickly deflate a football
Posted by Mike Florio on January 28, 2015, 11:58 AM EST
football2.jpg
Getty Images
As the news regarding #DeflateGate has slowed to an enlarged-prostate trickle (for now), the biggest remaining questions are: (1) what did that Patriots employee do with a bag of footballs in 90 seconds behind a closed door?; and (2) is 90 seconds enough time to let air out of nearly a dozen footballs?

Barring a deathbed (or sooner) confession, we’ll never know the answer to the first question. As to the second question, plenty of folks have been experimenting with footballs and needles.

On Tuesday’s PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio, for example, I inserted a needle for a few seconds into a ball that had been inflated to 13.5 PSI. A loud hiss emerged, and when the needle was removed it was easier to squeeze the ball. It became clear to me then that, if someone wanted to deflate 10-12 balls in 90 seconds, it would indeed be possible.

Gersh Kuntzman of the New York Daily News performed a more organized test, taking 12 balls that had been inflated to 13 PSI and removed two PSI in a total of 40 seconds. Adding in the time necessary to open the bag and to access the balls and to enter and exit the bathroom, the exercise took 77 seconds.

Kuntzman isn’t the only one who has done it. One highly-placed official with an NFL team “took the top off” a dozen balls in a mere 56 seconds.

“Next time I’m gonna pee as well,” the source said.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It’s easy to quickly deflate a football
Posted by Mike Florio on January 28, 2015, 11:58 AM EST
football2.jpg
Getty Images
As the news regarding #DeflateGate has slowed to an enlarged-prostate trickle (for now), the biggest remaining questions are: (1) what did that Patriots employee do with a bag of footballs in 90 seconds behind a closed door?; and (2) is 90 seconds enough time to let air out of nearly a dozen footballs?

Barring a deathbed (or sooner) confession, we’ll never know the answer to the first question. As to the second question, plenty of folks have been experimenting with footballs and needles.

On Tuesday’s PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio, for example, I inserted a needle for a few seconds into a ball that had been inflated to 13.5 PSI. A loud hiss emerged, and when the needle was removed it was easier to squeeze the ball. It became clear to me then that, if someone wanted to deflate 10-12 balls in 90 seconds, it would indeed be possible.

Gersh Kuntzman of the New York Daily News performed a more organized test, taking 12 balls that had been inflated to 13 PSI and removed two PSI in a total of 40 seconds. Adding in the time necessary to open the bag and to access the balls and to enter and exit the bathroom, the exercise took 77 seconds.

Kuntzman isn’t the only one who has done it. One highly-placed official with an NFL team “took the top off” a dozen balls in a mere 56 seconds.

“Next time I’m gonna pee as well,” the source said.

I don't believe you can do it with accuracy unless of course you have needle with gauge and have had some practice. So that would seem that this guy has done it before and must be the designated deflater?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

how is this even news?

who cares when it happened. it happened and everyone knows brady and belicheat didn't do it themselves.

so some guy going to have a piss is supposed to be news worthy?